Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 20:48   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Yes. It is the P835.

It does support a rear view camera. But VW isn't getting the camera fixed for the new models yet. Apparently they have been instructed from the factory to wait for a few months before going for it since the new Vento's wiring is a little different.

That's the version I got atleast. Seems legit.
Raneeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 21:04   #212
BHPian
 
Bhodrolok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 132
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

So the camera needs to be fixed at a later point of time? and does that mean that would an additional cost on top of the P835? Does the new vento support display of the warnings from the reverse parking sensors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
It does support a rear view camera. But VW isn't getting the camera fixed for the new models yet.
Bhodrolok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 21:18   #213
BHPian
 
csnanjappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 264
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

@Bhodrolok , i guess the stock system RCD310 by itself supports warnings from reverse parking sensor ,
Link :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/149807.jpg
Thread link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3335889
csnanjappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 22:23   #214
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,147
Thanked: 7,425 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
@Bhodrolok , i guess the stock system RCD310 by itself supports warnings from reverse parking sensor ,
Link :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/149807.jpg
Thread link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3335889
The stock system is the RCD 320 which does not support reverse parking sensor display. The 835 did support it in the 2013 models (I have it working in my Vento TSI). But something changed in the 2014 refresh which meant that the sensor data display in the 835 HU could not work. Would be interesting to see if it has been again enabled with the 2015 refresh.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 08:22   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

It doesn't work in the new model. I did check with the guys at VW. I wonder why would anyone 'disable' such a function.

I am sure someone like Gannu could find a DIY to fix this?
Raneeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 08:59   #216
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
It doesn't work in the new model. I did check with the guys at VW. I wonder why would anyone 'disable' such a function.

I am sure someone like Gannu could find a DIY to fix this?
This was discussed few days back in Gannu's ownership thread here. The newer Polo and Vento don't come with OPS and hence have limited (audio only) buzzer alone.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 13:38   #217
BHPian
 
Bhodrolok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 132
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
The newer Polo and Vento don't come with OPS and hence have limited (audio only) buzzer alone.
I am guessing the 2015 model Polo does not come with the OPS so neither would the new Vento? It's silly for VW to remove an useful option when buyers are ready to pay extra to use the feature!

Also even with the P835, one does not get adaptive parking lines do they?
Bhodrolok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 13:54   #218
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am guessing the 2015 model Polo does not come with the OPS so neither would the new Vento? It's silly for VW to remove an useful option when buyers are ready to pay extra to use the feature!
Also even with the P835, one does not get adaptive parking lines do they?
Mine is a 2014 facelift Vento TSI that I bought in Feb this year. It does not have OPS. One can't really understand VW's strategy towards removal of such things!
I'm still using stock RCD 320 and hence can't comment on P835. However, I feel it would be the same as required OPS module is no longer available.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 12:24   #219
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 296
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Hi,

I have seen several folks install Polo GTI steering with paddle shift in Polo TSI. Now TSI already has MSFW(multi function steering wheel).
Has anyone tried to install steering wheel with paddle shifts in Vento DSG?

If we install RCD 510 and Polo GTI steering in Vento TDI DSG (Comfortline) would steering controls work?

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 12:50   #220
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 9,014 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Yes the Mk7 GTI steering is a plug-n-play upgrade for the facelift cars - both Polo and Vento DSG. TDI or TSI doesn't matter.

The same steering on the pre-facelift models will not get backlighting on the steering buttons since the BCM controls it. Requires a BCM firmware upgrade and 2 cables from the BCM to be routed to the instrument cluster to enable backlighting on the steering.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 14:29   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 627 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Yes. It is the P835.

It does support a rear view camera. But VW isn't getting the camera fixed for the new models yet. Apparently they have been instructed from the factory to wait for a few months before going for it since the new Vento's wiring is a little different.

That's the version I got atleast. Seems legit.
That's a weird explanation because the camera's wiring has nothing to do with the car's wiring. The camera comes with a long lead that plugs into the camera connector receptacle of the Blaupunkt 835. Just get it done from an outside vendor - it's a straight-forward job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am guessing the 2015 model Polo does not come with the OPS so neither would the new Vento? It's silly for VW to remove an useful option when buyers are ready to pay extra to use the feature!

Also even with the P835, one does not get adaptive parking lines do they?
The reason for dropping OPS seems simple. The RCD 320 doesn't use it - so why add another module that needs to be synced with CANBUS? Save the cost and use it for a more visible gizmo like cruise control.

Frankly, with the audible beeps and camera I don't think I'd have ever used OPS, even if it was there in my car.

And no, I don't get adaptive parking lines with the P835.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 15:19   #222
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 296
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Hi,

I spoke with VW just now and was told that exchange and loyalty bonus is now available on New Vento 2015.

I found the same on VW website

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/shopp...ls/offers.html

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-ventoonamoffer.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 15:23   #223
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 9,014 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I spoke with VW just now and was told that exchange and loyalty bonus is now available on New Vento 2015.

I found the same on VW website

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/shopp...ls/offers.html

Attachment 1402909

Regards.
Was wondering if the Onam offer was available elsewhere in India and then read this below the airbags' image.

Quote:
This offer is applicable for Kerala state only.
Your location says Delhi so thought of mentioning it.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 15:25   #224
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 296
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yes the Mk7 GTI steering is a plug-n-play upgrade for the facelift cars - both Polo and Vento DSG.
Thanks for the confirmation. How much would be approx cost of this? Someone is selling the same for 45k

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ng-Wheel.html/

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Your location says Delhi so thought of mentioning it.
I checked with a dealer in Bangalore and he confirmed that both exchange and loyalty bonus are applicable on New Vento. I believe gold coin might be specific to Kerala.

Regards.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 15:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 15:29   #225
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 9,014 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. How much would be approx cost of this? Someone is selling the same for 45k

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ng-Wheel.html/

Regards.
That's a good deal IMO. Grab it while it lasts. It costs almost the same landed from the EU or Mex. You don't have to worry about the shipment getting delayed or customs duties.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look Aditya The Indian Car Scene 590 7th July 2017 16:42
2015 Hyundai Elantra Facelift : A Close Look S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 37 9th August 2016 09:33
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks