Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th January 2017, 14:31   #556
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Mine is the TSI version. Yesterday while slowing down to stop I pushed the gear lever to P while the car is still in motion but about to stop. It came to a sudden stop as soon as the lever slotted to P. I committed this mistake twice, I must have been distracted. I thought since the brake pedal is depressed the stopping action will be governed by the brake. It is not. So this is a note of caution for other TSI owners. Does this happen with other automatics?

Another question: I find the headlight beam to be too low, even at highest setting in the roller near the headlight dial. Low beam is good for spotting pot holes at low speed, but at any speed higher than 40 kmph you can't spot pedestrians and speed breakers at a distance. So you have to by force almost always use high beam. Is there any other adjustment possible? The user manual does not indicate any manual adjustment on the headlight housing.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 16:41   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Mine is the TSI version. Yesterday while slowing down to stop I pushed the gear lever to P while the car is still in motion but about to stop. It came to a sudden stop as soon as the lever slotted to P. I committed this mistake twice, I must have been distracted. I thought since the brake pedal is depressed the stopping action will be governed by the brake. It is not. So this is a note of caution for other TSI owners. Does this happen with other automatics?
I used to drive a Honda Civic 6 years back, and I remember the same behavior. When in P, the car just stops.

Quote:
Another question: I find the headlight beam to be too low, even at highest setting in the roller near the headlight dial. Low beam is good for spotting pot holes at low speed, but at any speed higher than 40 kmph you can't spot pedestrians and speed breakers at a distance. So you have to by force almost always use high beam. Is there any other adjustment possible? The user manual does not indicate any manual adjustment on the headlight housing.
I believe this is a common complaint from many on the forum. However, I haven't observed this personally on my TSI. Maybe I drive slow .

Were you able to get rid of the high revs you were having while upshifting? I am not sure if I updated here, but after changing the tyre pressure to F:28 and R:30, I have observed that the gearshift does happen a tad bit quicker...
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 18:25   #558
BHPian

Quote:

1. Engine check light ON which they blame on simple fuse problem. If its such a simple problem why couldn't they just change the fuse?
Hi Guite,

They were right. I had a similar problem, while checking fuse I had put a fuse in incorrect location. I was getting error in VCDS and engine check light was on. I looked at the picture of fusebox that I had taken earlier and placed fuse in correct location. This resolved the problem.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 14:17   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Were you able to get rid of the high revs you were having while upshifting? I am not sure if I updated here, but after changing the tyre pressure to F:28 and R:30, I have observed that the gearshift does happen a tad bit quicker...
I maintain 30 psi front and 28 psi rear but no change in engine revv. Infact it seems to have gone higher.

In a no-hurry take-off inside housing society D1 to D2 change is very fast. In my normal driving all gear change from D1 through D4 the rpm needle is between 2k to 2.4k at each upshift. It holds the revv at say 2k for a little bit, it upshifts and there is a noticeable change in vehicle speed. So speed increase is not linear, there is a very small blip.

On hurried take-off engine rpm sometimes hit 3k at gear shift. All these are in D mode.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 11:28   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
1 lakh discount for pre-facelift manual highline diesel 2016 model. Is this a good buy?
I also heard of a similar offer from VW Delhi East where they are offering a Vento highline for 1.1 lakh discount.

I'd like to give some context before posing the ultimate question. I currently drive a Polo 1.2P HL, bought in Aug'15. I went with Polo earlier because it was my first car and I was new to driving. But after having clocked 18.5k km, I feel I can do with a little more power and some more space at the rear. Hence, the itch to upgrade.

I'm more concerned about practical features and hence touchscreen and rear camera are not important. I find my car is fairly well-equipped even though it does not have cruise control or rain sensing wipers.

So, now with that out of the way, do the knowledgeable members consider this offer worth a dekko? Or should I just stay put for another year or so before considering to upgrade? Another thing, I end up driving close to 1.3-1.4k km per month, so does it make sense to now shift to diesel?

Last edited by lordvader : 11th January 2017 at 11:31.
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 19:45   #561
BHPian

I have a question on how how the DSG should be 'handled' in bumper to bumper traffic. After reading the various threads on the forum, this is what I have learnt -

* In bumper to bumper traffic, the DSG upshifts to 2 very quickly and probably the clutch keeps slipping when the car is <15kmph. This is not good for DQ2000 which is a dry clutch. So I shift to manual when I am in traffic. And stay in 1st gear till I cross 20kmph.

What this means is sometimes I end up driving 200mts to 500mts in the 1st gear in a stop and go manner. I was wondering if this is good?

I was looking at the manual of Superb 1.8TSI and found this -
Name:  SuperbManual.png
Views: 3907
Size:  37.3 KB

This says that the car shouldn't drive more than the length of the car in first gear!

So what do you do in peak bumper to bumper traffic?
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 22:31   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
This says that the car shouldn't drive more than the length of the car in first gear!
That's recommended for a high fuel economy specifically.

You shouldn't exceed after the redline, THAT harms the engine. And also not redline very frequently, lessens the life of engine. If in bumper to bumper, rev needle is below the redline, I think it's fine.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 12:41   #563
BHPian

Hi everyone, my 2016 Vento TSI is due for 1 year/15k km service 15th April.
I have only driven the car for 3000 km, with just 1 outstation trip of 100 km.
I am going to take it to Wakad, Pune's BU Bhandari for servicing on 15th April.
I don't want to be fooled by their technicians where they push for things that are actually not required and are just scams/gimmicks such as AC disinfectant etc.
Can you guys please guide me as to what all things I should get done and what all I should skip? I know AC disinfection service is not required since I have hardly used the car and I haven't experienced any kind of odour from AC or in general inside the car. Guys any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks in advance. Mods I hope, I am posting the question in the correct forum.
meetzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 20:22   #564
BHPian

Apologies, but could anyone point me to the Official Review of the Vento 1.2TSI+DSG? I have been trying to search, but all I end up are Vento 1.6MPI AT reviews.

Thanks in advance.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 22:53   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi everyone, my 2016 Vento TSI is due for 1 year/15k km service 15th April.
I have only driven the car for 3000 km, with just 1 outstation trip of 100 km.
I am going to take it to Wakad, Pune's BU Bhandari for servicing on 15th April.
I don't want to be fooled by their technicians where they push for things that are actually not required and are just scams/gimmicks such as AC disinfectant etc.
Can you guys please guide me as to what all things I should get done and what all I should skip? I know AC disinfection service is not required since I have hardly used the car and I haven't experienced any kind of odour from AC or in general inside the car. Guys any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks in advance. Mods I hope, I am posting the question in the correct forum.
The best reference for you is the car manual. Go through it and you will see it has a tabular format which describes what should be done in each service. Simply ask the service advisor to do everything as per manual and you will not pay for anything not mentioned in the manual.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 00:13   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Apologies, but could anyone point me to the Official Review of the Vento 1.2TSI+DSG? I have been trying to search, but all I end up are Vento 1.6MPI AT reviews.

Thanks in advance.
There is no official review of the vento tsi. There are a few ownership reviews ( including mine). I think the reason was that the car was exactly as same as a regular vento which had been reviewed and the tsi dsg is same as the polo which had also been reviewed.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 23:49   #567
Senior - BHPian

Visited VW Workshop Autobahn Automotive to get my car serviced for 6th year.

Got to know that, VW hans't released any update for 1.6 TDI for emission issues. 1.2, 1.5 and 2.0 TDi have received updates. Reason cited (Speculation), 1.6 TDi is no longer in production in India, so doesn't warrant a update.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 16:45   #568
BHPian

Has the price on the Vento TSI Highline dropped? Just saw this banner on the VW homepage claiming a ex-showroom price of 9.88 lakh
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vento5517.png  

Last edited by Silverfire : 13th May 2017 at 16:47. Reason: Adding image
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 11:16   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Has the price on the Vento TSI Highline dropped? Just saw this banner on the VW homepage claiming a ex-showroom price of 9.88 lakh
It's a part of new scheme which should have some validity. But yes highline tsi is currently available at 9.88 ex showroom.
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote