Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th November 2016, 09:16   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra's cars to get Android Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I dont see any news following this from Mahindra. I would definitely like to use this on my Scorpio. Right now, I am limited to the maps on MMI Navigator which forms a part of the ICE package. Alternatively, I will have to look for an aftermarket Head Unit for the Scorpio which support Android Auto.

In the Android Auto website (https://www.android.com/intl/en_in/auto/), there is a list of car models that support Android Auto. In that list, 2017 Mahindra XUV5OO is listed with a footnote saying its coming soon. So it looks like indeed there will be a XUV5OO Android Auto model in (hopefully early) 2017. Of course, this may or may not be backward compatible with Scorpio, or even with existing XUV5OO. But there is a chance Mahindra may update existing systems too.

Here is the screenshot:

Name:  AAlist.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  35.8 KB

Last edited by Dr.AD : 10th November 2016 at 09:19.
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote