Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 16:13   #1
BHPian
 
avira_tk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 599
Thanked: 526 Times
Default BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

The BMW X3 xDrive30d is finally here with M Sport trim line, costs more than a 530d. Is that the same case with the 20d versions? Ex-showroom 59.9 lakhs.

I guess this is the only real performance diesel SUV, so it should have some takers.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th July 2015 at 13:32.
avira_tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2015, 16:23   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,456
Thanked: 5,347 Times
Default Re: New BMW X3 Officially out on Bmw.in. EDIT : Now launched @ Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The 30d version is finally here with a M Sport trimline, costs more than a 530d, is that the same case with the 20d versions? Ex-showroom 59.9 lakhs.

I guess this is the only real performance diesel SUV, so it should have some takers.
Does it cost more than a 530d? I think they are the same price now, after the price reduction in the 530d.

Hope this X3 30d has LED lights, instead of xenons like the other X3s. M sport body kit on this will look hot. Paddles is another thing I hope they add.

EDIT - Checked the spec sheet. The new features are the M sport body kit, sport seats for the front, Harman Kardon 16 speaker music system, sport automatic transmission, and launch control! Apart from that the only interior option seems to be some black cloth/leather interior combination which should be sporty.

Also worth mentioning the 0-100 time which is 5.9 seconds with launch control. Take that Macan S diesel

Surprising no LED lamps though, but still its well loaded for sure.

What I will miss on my X3 is the sport seats, and the HK music system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2849_Specssheet_X3_A4_R_A.pdf (690.1 KB, 317 views)

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th July 2015 at 16:37.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2015, 23:28   #3
BHPian
 
#enzowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PY01;TN14;KA04
Posts: 166
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: New BMW X3 Officially out on Bmw.in. EDIT : Now launched @ Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Does it cost more than a 530d? I think they are the same price now, after the price reduction in the 530d.

Also worth mentioning the 0-100 time which is 5.9 seconds with launch control. Take that Macan S diesel
I believe 530D still retails for 63.xx lakhs but nevertheless, BMW has got their pricing right for a well specced car.

Those Performance number sound promising for a SUV.

BTW, What exactly does these sports seats offer? In my opinion the Comfort Seats look and feels sporty than the said ones.
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 13:09   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,456
Thanked: 5,347 Times
Default Re: New BMW X3 Officially out on Bmw.in. EDIT : Now launched @ Pg. 3

Guys I can confirm the X3 30d has heads up display. It doesn't seem to have been highlighted anywhere, but it is present. This is a surprising and nice addition. Also most probably there are paddle shifters too.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 18:59   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 268
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: New BMW X3 Officially out on Bmw.in. EDIT : Now launched @ Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I believe 530D still retails for 63.xx lakhs but nevertheless, BMW has got their pricing right for a well specced car.

Those Performance number sound promising for a SUV.

BTW, What exactly does these sports seats offer? In my opinion the Comfort Seats look and feels sporty than the said ones.
BMW puts the price of both 530d and X3 30d spot on same as 59.9 lacs Ex Showroom Delhi.

So, what we have to choose from is a fully loaded performance diesel ride be it SUV, be it Sedan. It is for the individual to take a call. Checked the car in flesh and I say I want it.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:25   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 2,169 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Was waiting for this one ever since the LCI was launched. Big thanks to D Bhpian Akshay1234 for his post on December deals on BMWs which got me into thinking mode. Then a chat with him, an X3 30d and Laura VRS owner, was enough and got me into action mode. Went ahead with the TD, booking and purchase without even test driving any other car and finished the entire process into 2 weeks flat!

And here it is my 2015 X3 30d M Sport. Will put up a thread once I log in some kms. For now am busy figuring out the plethora of options, settings, features etc...
Attached Thumbnails
BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6708.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6709.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6711.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6712.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6722.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6724.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6727.jpg  

BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh-img_6737.jpg  

Santoshbhat is online now   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:51   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,044
Thanked: 1,665 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Congrats! What did this land up costing you ex-showroom after discounts?

I feel the rims could have been bigger and better design than these. You looking to upgrade them?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:11   #8
BHPian
 
Suraj25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Congrats sir! Must be such a beast to drive. Waiting for your report
+1 to what Sahil said. This should've had something like the X-line rims which look way better!
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:18   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 2,169 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats! What did this land up costing you ex-showroom after discounts?

I feel the rims could have been bigger and better design than these. You looking to upgrade them?
Thanks. Ex showroom after discounts came to about 56L odd down from about 60.50L (VAT rate is higher in Karnataka) The 30d's are made in very limited numbers and Navnit had just this one white one in stock. No stock in factory and another one won't be available any time soon.

Yeah the rims on the X Line 2.0 are more modern looking than these, which are quite an old design. Pre facelift M sport X3's (M sport wasn't sold in India) too came with these. I too felt the same initially but the design has kind of grown on me and I feel they go well with the M sport body style. There are some great designs in 19" and 20", but I don't think they will be practical for our roads. So not looking to upgrade for now.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 10:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,538
Thanked: 5,406 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Hearty congratulations Santosh!

A BMW with 6 cylinders doesn't surprise me one bit going into that brilliant garage of yours. But the vehicle and fuel of choice is unexpected. Again with 560Nm and stupendous FE, I can still understand the engine, but I am really curious to know why you didn't pick up a 5er. Never mind, we will wait for a full blown ownership report to know more.

Coming to your machine, the X3 looks brilliant! Especially that gorgeous interior. Love those seats. The side has too much of white, I think the cladding should have been black. And alloys look great in isolation but doesn't suit the car. But like the Laura, that's an easy fix, doesn't matter much. LOL
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 11:29   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 2,169 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hearty congratulations Santosh!

A BMW with 6 cylinders doesn't surprise me one bit going into that brilliant garage of yours. But the vehicle and fuel of choice is unexpected. Again with 560Nm and stupendous FE, I can still understand the engine, but I am really curious to know why you didn't pick up a 5er. Never mind, we will wait for a full blown ownership report to know more.

Coming to your machine, the X3 looks brilliant! Especially that gorgeous interior. Love those seats. The side has too much of white, I think the cladding should have been black. And alloys look great in isolation but doesn't suit the car. But like the Laura, that's an easy fix, doesn't matter much. LOL
Thanks Deepak! I have some very compelling reasons why I picked the X3 over the 5 (which I love to bits). You will have to wait for my report for that. Fuel - Do I really have a choice?

The M sport comes with a different front bumper and the rear comes with that diffuser. The side cladding is fully in body colour unlike the X line which comes with black cladding. The alloys seem to be quite unpopular, going by the feedback I am getting . Maybe that will be an item that I can look at couple of years down the line for that mid life refresh. No upgrades or changes for now as I'm broke right now.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 17:31   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,456
Thanked: 5,347 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

The X3 30d M sport now comes with 19" wheels, rather than the 18s earlier which weren't to most peoples taste. The 622 M wheels look really nice! Also the X3 will now have the updated idrive which was shown on the 7 series recently, without the touchscreen though.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 17:59   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 2,169 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The X3 30d M sport now comes with 19" wheels, rather than the 18s earlier which weren't to most peoples taste. The 622 M wheels look really nice! Also the X3 will now have the updated idrive which was shown on the 7 series recently, without the touchscreen though.
Now they change it . I so want those 19" 622 M wheels! There are two options with these 19s. 245/45/19 all round and 245/45 front and 275/40 rear for a staggered set up. The fat 275 19s in the rear give it a real good stance. With adaptive dampers I don't think they will hurt the ride so much. What do you think?

If those staggered 622Ms are available, then I might get those when my current set wears out. I shudder to think how much they will cost though. Even the current international prices make me gulp. Add duty and crazy BMW dealer mark ups, it may cost as much as a 1 series .
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 18:32   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,044
Thanked: 1,665 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Now they change it . I so want those 19" 622 M wheels! There are two options with these 19s. 245/45/19 all round and 245/45 front and 275/40 rear for a staggered set up. The fat 275 19s in the rear give it a real good stance. With adaptive dampers I don't think they will hurt the ride so much. What do you think?

If those staggered 622Ms are available, then I might get those when my current set wears out. I shudder to think how much they will cost though. Even the current international prices make me gulp. Add duty and crazy BMW dealer mark ups, it may cost as much as a 1 series .
BMW charges a bomb for their rims. I think the ones you want would be approx a lakh each. Mercedes on the other hand will sell you the Maybach 19inch rims for 1.5 lakhs for 4
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 16:54   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 2,169 Times
Default Re: BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BMW charges a bomb for their rims. I think the ones you want would be approx a lakh each. Mercedes on the other hand will sell you the Maybach 19inch rims for 1.5 lakhs for 4
I did enquire about those 19" rims and got a quote. Front rims are 82k each and rear ones are 88k each. Tyres are 28k each for the fronts and 38k each for the rears. Total cost of all put together comes to an eye watering 4.74 lakhs. Needless to say I have dropped the idea. And having driven about 10K kms on the 18s, I'd say 19s will be a bad idea on our roads.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh undead The Indian Car Scene 44 5th March 2016 13:55
Third generation BMW X5 launched in India at Rs. 70.9 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 22 2nd December 2015 21:22
The new SLK 350 (R172) - Now launched in India @ 61.9 Lakh sidindica The Indian Car Scene 35 16th October 2011 23:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks