Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th July 2015, 21:50   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: CVT version accounts for 40% of Honda Jazz bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
i20 does not have an Automatic, correct? Seems, the CVT would be the crucial factor for Jazz's success vs the i20.
Having owned a Zen At, Santro AT and now a Brio AT (non CVT obviously) I do not think in the long run experience Hyundai or Maruti-Suzuki can hold a candle to the Honda! The overall experience is just different.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 22:16   #32
BHPian

Automatics are here to stay and cvt is gonna lead the way. Majority of the population would love the ease and efficiency of the cvt. And paddle shifts is a bonus, I think the Jazz cvt ticks the right boxes. Good strategy by Honda.
fastraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 22:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Having owned a Zen At, Santro AT and now a Brio AT (non CVT obviously) I do not think in the long run experience Hyundai or Maruti-Suzuki can hold a candle to the Honda! The overall experience is just different.
I agree. Some Honda owners I know chose it over Hyundai after thorough studying. They say Hyundai is more bling and flash than substance. Now I'm not sure about that but Hyundai indeed is more flash and bling than understated but well engineered Honda cars. Is that why sales of Verna fallen very drastically? I mean have people started seeing it for what it is? I hope not. Because I've booked Creta AT and unless they price it high, I made up my mind to go for it. But my wife wants me to wait and buy Honda BR-V when they launch it next year. She just loved that car she saw while surfing. I agree too, but 1 year is a long wait.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 23:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree. Some Honda owners I know chose it over Hyundai after thorough studying. They say Hyundai is more bling and flash than substance. Now I'm not sure about that but Hyundai indeed is more flash and bling than understated but well engineered Honda cars. Is that why sales of Verna fallen very drastically? I mean have people started seeing it for what it is? I hope not. Because I've booked Creta AT and unless they price it high, I made up my mind to go for it. But my wife wants me to wait and buy Honda BR-V when they launch it next year. She just loved that car she saw while surfing. I agree too, but 1 year is a long wait.
I agree with you, though Honda has gone down in quality but their dynamics are spot on. Hyundai can't match their beautiful ivtec engines, handling or ergonomics. Honda BR-V is one hot looking vehicle, compared to that creta just looks plain Jane.
fastraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 23:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
I agree with you, though Honda has gone down in quality but their dynamics are spot on. Hyundai can't match their beautiful ivtec engines, handling or ergonomics. Honda BR-V is one hot looking vehicle, compared to that creta just looks plain Jane.
Yes the Honda BR-V looks great! But pray that they don't get it with the Brio/Amaze/Mobilio interiors.

Coming to Jazz, I will love it when our government makes ABS n Airbags compulsory so that we can have S-CVT with safety features.
RavSam is offline   Reply With Quote