Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:55   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 94
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Their website wasn't updated last evening when I checked. I see it has been updated now.



Thanks for the correction. The 4S Verna always came with ABS as standard across all variants. Dual airbags (across all variants) have been introduced in this update.
Also the 2016 verna will no longer be known as the 4s verna. It is simply Verna.
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:34   #32
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 880 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

The website has been updated, but not the downloadable PDF brochure.

Below is an image from the website. Its a good move to get these features, but is it too little too late?

Also, surprisingly, its the premium Elantra which doesn't get AVN, while the lower priced siblings do. Hyundai have been caught on the back-foot here.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-verna-4s.jpg
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 18:13   #33
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 328 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Walked in to Advaith today to enquire whether the new AVN system can be fit on the older Verna. They said that Hyundai does not provide the OEM AVN system separately. The showroom however provides the Caska unit for 42k, which he says supports everything like mic, Bluetooth, and steering audio controls without loss of functionality, in addition to the AVN support. No wires need to be cut, too.

Too steep a price, according to me.

Last edited by PearlJam : 5th February 2016 at 18:17.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 16:30   #34
BHPian
 
BeantownThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Walked in to Advaith today to enquire whether the new AVN system can be fit on the older Verna. They said that Hyundai does not provide the OEM AVN system separately.
Damn. This is such a disappointment. The problem with aftermarket units are that they are too expensive and there is a lingering doubt if the HU will be compatible with the steering mounted controls. Am so used to the controls that any loss of functionality will be a major inconvenience to me.

The reason I was looking to change the HU is that in the current 4S if I am playing songs from an iPod then the navigation directions from the connected phone just does not come through the speakers. The calls, however, come through. Wanted an integrated unit that can handle iPod, phone connectivity and navigation all-in-one.

So my search continues...
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 21:02   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 40
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
The website still doesn't reflect the new AVN system, and the dual airbags as a standard.

Any idea if the 2015 models can be upgraded to the same new AVN system from Hyundai authorized service centres?
Hello @ peralJam me too anticipating if the new 7 inch AVN system can be fitted to earlier models. And i also have VERNA 4s March 2015 model so i was looking for AVN system as other after market solutions does not provide full functionality.

Last edited by honey_starhoney : 6th February 2016 at 21:11.
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 09:12   #36
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 880 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Hello All,

I have fitted the Caska HU with AVN to my 4S Verna. I was charged 39k by Advaith. Everything works as original head unit except:

1- The steering mounted controls for receiving and ending calls do not work. However, Caska engineer claimed he can fix it, but for that I need to take the car to Indiranagar and haven't been able to get the time to do so yet.

2- The AUX IN will not work. However, if you connect an Apple Device through that port, it will work. What the Caska engineer told me about this was, that they have 1 port to map so they can either map it to the USB IN or to AUX IN. But, if its an Apple device, then both USB IN and IPOD IN work simultaneously.

I am very satisfied with the sound quality of music, navigation and bluetooth telephony. Also, the HU looks good.
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 11:02   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Damn. This is such a disappointment. The problem with aftermarket units are that they are too expensive and there is a lingering doubt if the HU will be compatible with the steering mounted controls. Am so used to the controls that any loss of functionality will be a major inconvenience to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Walked in to Advaith today to enquire whether the new AVN system can be fit on the older Verna. They said that Hyundai does not provide the OEM AVN system separately. The showroom however provides the Caska unit for 42k, which he says supports everything like mic, Bluetooth, and steering audio controls without loss of functionality, in addition to the AVN support. No wires need to be cut, too.

Too steep a price, according to me.
Guy's you can easily fit after market head units like the newer Pioneers and Kenwood's which are fully compatible with the steering wheel etc. It's direct plug and play. Their quality and features are also much better than the OEM HU.

Please see my thread below and do PM me for any clarifications.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3901529 (ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna)
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 14:19   #38
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 328 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's you can easily fit after market head units like the newer Pioneers and Kenwood's which are fully compatible with the steering wheel etc. It's direct plug and play. Their quality and features are also much better than the OEM HU.

Please see my thread below and do PM me for any clarifications.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3901529 (ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna)
That's a nice setup!

Thanks for the information. The reason I personally hesitate to go for aftermarket head units (in decreasing order of priority) are:
  1. Concerns about usage of the stock steering wheel controls (audio/volume buttons as well as telephony buttons), stock USB, and stock microphone remain. I'm not too keen on drilling/adding extra microphones as well as USB support. The head unit dealers don't bat an eyelid when they say that "Saar, everything will work properly with stock USB/microphone/steering controls", but it doesn't inspire confidence. There are no clear answers if every aftermarket head units support these, simply because they are usually made for a set of cars and not targeted for the Verna specifically.
  2. It doesn't seem to fit in a sleek way. These head units are usually rectangle shaped, and when they are fit using the facade, it doesn't seem to integrate well into the waterfall facade.
  3. The OEM unit actually has pretty decent sound (good enough for my non-audiophile standards ), so what I'm missing is just the Maps support. So I'm not really looking for investing in an amp/subwoofer/etc.

Last edited by PearlJam : 8th February 2016 at 14:23.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 17:24   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
That's a nice setup!

Thanks for the information. The reason I personally hesitate to go for aftermarket head units (in decreasing order of priority) are:
  1. Concerns about usage of the stock steering wheel controls (audio/volume buttons as well as telephony buttons), stock USB, and stock microphone remain. I'm not too keen on drilling/adding extra microphones as well as USB support. The head unit dealers don't bat an eyelid when they say that "Saar, everything will work properly with stock USB/microphone/steering controls", but it doesn't inspire confidence. There are no clear answers if every aftermarket head units support these, simply because they are usually made for a set of cars and not targeted for the Verna specifically.
  2. It doesn't seem to fit in a sleek way. These head units are usually rectangle shaped, and when they are fit using the facade, it doesn't seem to integrate well into the waterfall facade.
  3. The OEM unit actually has pretty decent sound (good enough for my non-audiophile standards ), so what I'm missing is just the Maps support. So I'm not really looking for investing in an amp/subwoofer/etc.
Thanks. Since you are in Bangalore you can get in touch with Topgear who worked on my car. They are very expensive but they do a very neat job and everything will be in stock location. Although they didn't fit my USB and mic to stock location, you can ask them if they will do it as it's a bit tedious and they may charge extra for it.

1. Do not worry about the stock wheel controls. They easily work with modern Pioneer and Kenwood HU. Kenwood infact clearly mentions on their website their HU's compatibility with all Hyundai car's. Earlier Installers used to add another unit in between the steering wheel and HU to make it compatible but that doesn't work 100%.

2. You just need to get the dash kit for this and once the HU is installed along with it the fit and finish will be as good as stock. It integrates well.

3. If you're happy with the stock sound, very good. But don't go listen to anyone who has installed a audiophile unit as you may suddenly start to re-think
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 20:17   #40
BHPian
 
HalfOctave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DL05/KA04/UP14
Posts: 55
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
That's a nice setup!
========[*]The OEM unit actually has pretty decent sound (good enough for my non-audiophile standards ), so what I'm missing is just the Maps support. So I'm not really looking for investing in an amp/subwoofer/etc.[/list]
So finally did you upgrade to some off the shelf AVN system from market? I have exactly similar issues. Don't want to mess up with my already available microphone and steering mounted control.
HalfOctave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:16   #41
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 328 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
So finally did you upgrade to some off the shelf AVN system from market?
No, I did not. Reliability is a top priority for me, and I'm pretty happy with the sound quality (unless you're corrupted by stanjohn123 above ), and also the fact that everything works perfectly in stock setup. I convinced myself that what I'm missing is touch screen (not a big deal), and navigation (will miss it only on outstation runs, but I can use my phone for that). 43000/- seems too steep too.

Last edited by PearlJam : 23rd May 2016 at 10:18.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Chevrolet Cruze to get MyLink infotainment system in October Aditya The Indian Car Scene 5 10th August 2015 16:05
Rumour: More Maruti cars to get SmartPlay infotainment system Aditya The Indian Car Scene 2 14th April 2015 15:18
In-dash Infotainment in Indian Cars Zoomsun In-Car Entertainment 10 23rd May 2012 21:03
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Superbike Security Systems - Disc Lock / Chain Lock / Alarm Systems gsferrari Superbikes & Imports 3 3rd July 2009 01:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks