Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st July 2015, 13:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have checked the Telangana RTO website and the registration looks like ok.
Is this a tenable case? Is is safe to buy this motorcycle?
Attachment 1397059
I bought my Safari with a RJ registration. I paid the MP road tax and now I have got MP Transport Registration Card but the number is the same (RJ). I see no problems in that. The RTO said that MP Police verification will be carried out after which they will issue new number to the car.
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Default re: Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Thanks skanchan for your help, one query from my side though; did you have to take any form (ACRV/ or some similar sounding form ) to the police commisioners office and get the clearance ? I called my RTO today and they said that once I submit all the documents which you mentioned in the RTO, they will be issueing the aforesaid form to me for police clearance which will be issued by Commisioners office. Post this stage they will call me for a physical inspection of my vehicle.
As far as I know no such form was given by the RTO to us or to our agent. Rules may have changed now though.

In our case, at no stage were we asked for a police verification nor did any Police official visited us or called us for verification. After submission of documents and payment of the RTO fees at RTO, Mangalore, the agent told us that he would call us when to get the car for RTO inspection, which he did.

The only time Police were contacted was to get an NOC from Veraval Police Station that had to be submitted to RTO, Junagadh, to get Form 28.
skanchan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 15:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Today i made a visit to 2 RTAs - Mehdipatnam and Trimulgherry to check the authenticity of the aforesaid case of MH registraiton in Telangana.
I got a bonafide reply that this transfer was valid and there are no anomalies involved.
Hello Hillram,

I have a query related your above post. Did you get info from the RTOs in Hyderabad if an outside state vehicle continue with the old registration number if the complete LTT is paid. Can I choose not to opt for the TS numbers?
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 17:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?

Even in Assam, when you transfer the out of state registration, they simply give you the new Assam RC with the same old number. I found it surprising and I was told that it is optional to get the Assam number. Its perfectly ok to drive with your old number as long as it is on the Assam State RC.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hello Hillram,

I have a query related your above post. Did you get info from the RTOs in Hyderabad if an outside state vehicle continue with the old registration number if the complete LTT is paid. Can I choose not to opt for the TS numbers?
Yes this can be done. I checked with 3 RTOs visiting them personally - Mehdipatnam , Khairtabad & Secunderabad.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 18:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Even in Assam, when you transfer the out of state registration, they simply give you the new Assam RC with the same old number. I found it surprising and I was told that it is optional to get the Assam number. Its perfectly ok to drive with your old number as long as it is on the Assam State RC.
Makes perfect sense and I would prefer it this way. In case of fancy numbers, I am sure no one would be willing to forego the old number. It can always be an option. Wish all states go down this path.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 18:47   #22
BHPian

Bumping up this thread.

I just had my car registration transferred to Bangalore from Gurgaon. I now have an HR number that's registered with the Electronic City RTO in Bangalore.

Am I correct in assuming that I can sell my car in Bangalore with the HR number as I would normally sell a car with a KA number ?

Can the person who buys it apply for the KA number while applying for the Transfer in ownership?

While this seems correct, this might seem odd for many to comprehend how an HR number can can be registered in KA.
wanderluster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote