Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd September 2015, 10:47   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now Launc

GOI gives a subsidy worth INR 13,000 for hybrid cars along with a reduction in excise from 24% to 12.5%. So, that's a lot of savings. Rough calculation says an excise benefit of 90k for the VDi when you put the two together. It will easily offset any expense that MSIL would have incurred for this modest hybrid I guess.

Smart on MSIL to exploit this and move quickly. And kudos to them for passing a small portion of that benefit to the prospective customers. I guess there will be a scramble by manufacturers to exploit this loophole soon.

Regarding the hybrid unit, I will wait for a thorough review and/or the ownership threads to form an opinion. Hope its a bit more smarter unit than the micro hybrid of M&M.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now Launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
GOI gives a subsidy worth INR 13,000 for hybrid cars along with a reduction in excise from 24% to 12.5%. So, that's a lot of savings. Rough calculation says an excise benefit of 90k for the VDi when you put the two together.
But the excise benefit will come into picture when the on-road price is calculated, right? Or am I wrong?
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:29   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But the excise benefit will come into picture when the on-road price is calculated, right? Or am I wrong?
The exshowroom price is inclusive of excise duty.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The exshowroom price is inclusive of excise duty.
That means, Maruti could have reduced the price by around 70K, had they not added any feature - a mere 30K difference between Petrol and Diesel hybrid!

How much will cost for the extra features added? Will it add up to 70K? I guess a good amount is going to Maruti's kitty.
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:12   #140
BHPian

I am wondering if Mahindra did bring down the price of scorpio when they introduced hybrid. Sure, they can also get the excise duty benefits, but just took it to their books rather than passing it on to the customers?
Surprisingly, per their website, micro hybrid is available in top 2 trims and entry variant (??!!)
sathya_g_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:47   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I am wondering if Mahindra did bring down the price of scorpio when they introduced hybrid. Sure, they can also get the excise duty benefits, but just took it to their books rather than passing it on to the customers?
Surprisingly, per their website, micro hybrid is available in top 2 trims and entry variant (??!!)
There's nothing hybrid in the Scorpio except for the name. They merely have the automatic start/stop function.

The XUV might have more benefit since they have start/stop + brake energy recuperation.

The Ciaz has start/stop, brake energy recuperation, torque assist. It's a small parallel hybrid like the Civic hybrid.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:47   #142
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now launc

Seeing the new variant and feature list. These are the changes that I could make out.

1. All AT variants get 2 airbags and abs. Previously the v variant got only 1 airbag.

2. The new V(o) variant is a safety variant. So someone who wants safety but doesn't want to spend a lot on the v+ can get these in the v (o) variant. A positive move

3. Price for diesel variants has reduced but what is the price effect on petrol? The Vxi+ AT variant would be costlier now (addition of an airbag).

4. Price difference between petrol and diesel variants would have reduced a bit.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 23:02   #143
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now launc

As per the dealership in Trivandrum Ciaz Zdi would be approx 60000Rs cheaper. Ex Showroom Price is now 9.99 lakh.Earlier it was 10.24 Thus qualifying for 8% Road tax rather than 10% earlier. And insurance would be cheaper too. Plus an additional incentive of 13000Rs.

This, I feel would be a hot selling variant.

Really should appreciate MS for the excellent pricing. New technology at 60000 less is super deal.
sureshkishore is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 10:40   #144
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the new car with the hybrid technology?

I called up a few dealers yesterday in Chennai and none of them have the car yet. There was even a person at a dealer, who did not know anything about the new hybrid car.
nivatakavacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 13:28   #145
BHPian

Got invitation call from S.K wheels Navi mumbai for unveiling of Hybrid model at their showroom today evening at 6 pm. Unfortunately we have some prior commitments and cannot make it.

I have booked Test drive for tomorrow, but Hybrid test drive model will not be available and have to test drive the old model

If they have Hybrid model for unveiling then why not test drive model ?

I am still going ahead as my father will have first time look at Ciaz
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 11:19   #146
BHPian

See if someone can get hold of svhs to test drive...when u went, their only vehicle was away, and I couldn't wait.

Also, I forgot to ask in showroom, but what's the waiting time for Gurgaon/NCR delivery ?

I think I'll go with booking at the end of this year...Dec clearance sale
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 09:30   #147
BHPian

A question that came to my mind.

Had the Govt incentive scheme not been there, how much dent would the Hybrid technology put onto the customer's pocket.

(Assuming prices would rise by XX amount)
-Would the customer's opt for Ciaz Hybrid with increased prices and additional 6.8% FE ?
- The base variant Vxi would almost touch the base of City Diesel @8.8 ex Delhi. This would in turn cause the sales of Ciaz to drop and City to boost.
FIAT3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 09:32   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
A question that came to my mind.

Had the Govt incentive scheme not been there, how much dent would the Hybrid technology put onto the customer's pocket.
Had the Govt incentive not been there Maruti Suzuki would not have released the Ciaz- SHVS variant.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 09:43   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Had the Govt incentive not been there Maruti Suzuki would not have released the Ciaz- SHVS variant.
I totally understand that the scheme not been there Maruti wouldn't have launched the technology.
Also most schemes (sub 4m excise, Hybrid) are pushed by Maruti and hence it's always Maruti making the most out of the scheme.

Say like Toyota which launched the Hybrid irrespective the incentive scheme,
more than 85% sales of Camry are from Hybrid.

So my question still stands.
FIAT3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 20:54   #150
BHPian

Is this so called start-stop system good for diesel engines? Normally for diesel engines we are supposed to idle it for 1-2 minutes before switching it off. With auto start-stop , wont the engine be shut off before that ? Am i missing something here.
sayoojl is offline   Reply With Quote