Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th September 2015, 23:36   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Undergoing changes? This ain't a VW which is being incorporated with ECU code to cheat emissions just before production.

On a serious note, Fiat has already started advertising the car and if you had missed, the ad clearly states 145 BHP.

Changes if any going by the ad, are visual, like red instead of chrome around the fog lamps, more red on the hood, etc.

Attachment 1419251

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Of course. Did you really expect them to manufacture a handful of cars with all the changes that I have listed earlier, give it for media drives and then launch a remapped T-Jet version? It is not that easy, brother. Anyway the launch is close. Till then keep speculating and arguing about it.
Again, people seem to be jumping to conclusions. I have not mentioned what is changing, nor have I made the claim. I've just quoted what is mentioned in a popular magazine. Have any issues with that , take it up with them.

There might be changes, there might not be. Who knows. But beats me how people are already deciding that only certain changes will be there. Where have I mentioned that BHP is going to be different?

Assuming things and jumping to conclusions like this is what is creating issues on this (and most other Fiat ) thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Been a silent spectator so far, but felt sad on seeing that once again people are desperate to pull FIAT down when they are trying to launch something.

Owned 11 FIAT's so far (still have 6 of them) and never have any of them failed me. Whether I maintain at FASS/FNG spares weren't a issue for me and obviously my next would also be from the FIAT stable. Every detail available on my respective threads.

Coming back to Abarth, a hip-hop black Abarth punto is coming home in the next few weeks. My cousin has already booked one and among all probabilities we would be getting the first Abarth in Coimbatore. Let me post all the details once the car arrives so that people can know the details of the actual production version

Well, there are few others who do very well know on who bought back the 90hp!
Congrats on the Abarth Anandh. Its good to see another Fiat joining your family.

Nobody is 'desperately trying to pull down Fiat'. Not me especially.

I started with MY opinion that 11.3 lakh was overpriced, and nothing else. What's wrong in that? People seem to find the creta over priced, and the s cross too. Nobody seems to bat an eyelid. Someone mentions the same on the punto and all hell breaks loose. Lol.

The rest was contributed by those who seem to be very well versed with the yet to be launched car.

Lesser said about the 90hp the better. I do not wish to go off topic here. The owner, after approval of membership here, will put up a thread. Please do post your experiences there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Yup, last I heard the car is running fine without any issues, a sales exec from the same dealership is happily using the car.
Yes. After 15+thousand kms of 'testing' by company executives, and several months of surgery from second day of delivery, at the owners time and anguish , the executive is 'happily' using the car.

Last edited by JayD : 24th September 2015 at 23:54.
JayD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:13   #302
BHPian

Default re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Guys, I am sick and tired of reading posts which are aimed at something else apart from discussing the pros and cons of the vehicle. I for one, open this thread daily for updates and have been reading FIAT's strategy thread daily for the past 2 years. I have witnessed really naive comments about FIAT's vehicle in these threads and really naive comments retaliating back. The world seems to be driven by not one's own self opinion, but by the opinion over the internet on a product. One negative comment about any product camouflages all the good things embedded in the product. I own a Punto MJD 2010 model and when i recommended that to a friend, he told me straight to the face, that the car does not even pull in the first 2 gears, and that i am expecting him to buy it. Makes sense. But he did not even try the vehicle in the first place. He was so driven by the opinion over the internet. Yes it is helpful, but one's own experience also matters. BTW i also own a 2014 Swift and it started giving me problems right from day 3 and it is still not rectified.

Robbin Williams talking to Matt Damon in Good Will hunting.
"You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you"

Umpteen people are reading your post and are going to make decisions based on it with or without even realizing that the post is sealing the decision. Some of the features which mattered to me 5 years back are not even being used now in my car.

Please be generous in appreciating first and then depreciate the product. Everything in life needs a balance !

Please do not quote my post and start another debate. Highly likely is the fact that mods are going to delete the post.
Rubbertramps is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:33   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Corolla - 90BHP
Jetta- 140bhp
Cruze- 165 BHP

Aren't these in the same class with more than 40 bhp differential? Or would you compare the 90hp corolla with a Linea and Figo aspire?
By the same logic, why don't you compare 74 HP Polo with the Abarth? They are both hatchbacks, the Polo gives better mileage, is much cheaper and probably more practical to use in the city.

If the Abarth Punto is really 145 BHP on dyno then it is in another league altogether as far as performance goes... and performance is what we are talking about here. They are just not comparable.
vabs78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 05:19   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Information from an insider birdie -

Differences between the Linea T-Jet and the Abarth Punto T-Jet

1. Turbo Charger
2. Exhaust Manifold
3. Intake Camshaft
4. Exhaust Camshaft
5. Intake Air Fuel Module
6. Pressure Sensor After the Intercooler
7. Boost Pressure and Temperature Sensor on Intake Manifold
8. Fuel Rail
9. Spark Plugs
10. Injectors
11. Battery
12. Blue & Me control unit removed. Replaced with Uconnect
13. Obviously different maps
Now that's what I'm expecting more of from this thread. Finally some more excitement! PatchyBoy, who ever your source is; please keep breathing down his neck and keep sharing the leaks with us.

Uconnect is unexpected for me. Not because it's a bad thing but I didn't expect something like that when Linea doesn't have it. And I can't even get any info' on it from the net. A search just shows up Dodge cars with the system. And moreover the app is not even available on Play store in India as yet! Don't know about iTunes store. So this is one thing I'm really looking forward to. Although still not Android Auto or Apple CarPlay level but I'm hoping better than Blu n' Me.

Also the kind of heat this Abarth vs Polo GT thing is generating I think Team-BHP should do it first official comparison after Abarth is launched. Would not be a bad idea, me thinks.

Last edited by firstguri : 25th September 2015 at 05:24. Reason: Addition of content.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 07:05   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I started with MY opinion that 11.3 lakh was overpriced, and nothing else. What's wrong in that? People seem to find the creta over priced, and the s cross too. Nobody seems to bat an eyelid. Someone mentions the same on the punto and all hell breaks loose. Lol.
That is exactly the point some of us are trying to make. Why does 'hell' break loose only when talking about a FIAT, but I digress from what I really wanted to say.

I sincerely hope that when I get to test drive the Abarth Punto it is so much better than my remapped T-Jet that I am tempted to upgrade to the Abarth Linea when it launches.
Old 25th September 2015, 08:57   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Coming back to Abarth, a hip-hop black Abarth punto is coming home in the next few weeks. My cousin has already booked one and among all probabilities we would be getting the first Abarth in Coimbatore. Let me post all the details once the car arrives so that people can know the details of the actual production version
That is great news, h14! Do post a LOT of details the day you get to drive it (no later ). Any indication of what the price tag is going to be?
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:45   #307
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Absolutely no off-topic posts please. Please stick to the topic, that is the Punto Abarth (likes, dislikes, price, performance etc.). Let this thread be about the car only, and not the company. We have several other threads to discuss Fiat's challenges in India.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 13:34   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
If FIAT has plonked in something like this like in Brazil (Uconnect supported HU), it'd be cool:
What about this HU coming with the Linea Elegante? Looks a lot better in terms of the size of the touch screen.

Anyone has an idea if its Blue&me based? Or Uconnect based? Higher chances of this coming in - since it already had a debut in the Indian market with the Linea.

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-2015fiatlineaelegante6.5inchinfotainmentsystemscreen900x506.jpg

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-2015fiatlineaelegante6.5inchinfotainmentsystemreverseparkingcamera900x506.jpg

Pics from - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...99-lakh-3.html (Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:18   #309
BHPian

Still waiting on the HU specifications. In the meantime, some more updates -

Front brakes - Ventilated Disc 284 mm x 22 mm. Single Piston caliper - Bosch ZOH 54 mm piston
Rear brakes - Solid Disc 251 mm x 10 mm. Single Piston caliper.
Struts - Cofap
Springs - Same as the Linea T-Jet

So we can expect the same stopping power and the same ride quality like the Linea T-Jet.

The earlier specs I shared and these specs are from the production model. Please do not quote me out of turn and try to draw me into an argument. I am not interested. Thanks.

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 25th September 2015 at 21:21.
PatchyBoy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:01   #310
BHPian

The advert in today's The Hindu was nice. Fiat should make ads using Ferrari F1 or may be even Valentino Rossi to promote Punto Abarth in India. The old Fiat Palio ad featuring Michael Schumacher and his Scuderia Ferrari F1 car in a Shell fuel station was awesome. There are way too many people who don't know what Fiat and Abarth is all about. I would like to see Fiat India work along with the enthusiasts to form the largest cult.

Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-img_20150925_220023131.jpg  

Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 02:21   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
The advert in today's The Hindu was nice. Fiat should make ads using Ferrari F1 or may be even Valentino Rossi to promote Punto Abarth in India. The old Fiat Palio ad featuring Michael Schumacher and his Scuderia Ferrari F1 car in a Shell fuel station was awesome. There are way too many people who don't know what Fiat and Abarth is all about. I would like to see Fiat India work along with the enthusiasts to form the largest cult.
Or something from our own soil, like Narain or Karun. A win win situation. Not exactly, but to a certain extent.

Or Mr.Bolt could do the trick !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th September 2015 at 11:56. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:48   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Uconnect is unexpected for me. And I can't even get any info' on it from the net.
FCA group cars are moving to UConnect. Do note that this was the same system that was hacked remotely, recently. However; it does offer a lot more functionality than B&M. Putting aside the fact that the system can be hacked, it does look pretty awesome.

This is Uconnect
http://www.driveuconnect.com/

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th September 2015 at 11:50.
Old 26th September 2015, 12:37   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What about this HU coming with the Linea Elegante? Looks a lot better in terms of the size of the touch screen.
Yes. The one from Elegante is a lot better. I was not sure whether it had UConnect or not. That's why I picked some pics from Brazil's Punto

If the one from Elegante is indeed the one that'd be given in Abarth, it'd be great as it'd cover the 'luxury feature' part for people who expect such bling at that price. Also, integrated reverse camera and navigation would be great to have.

Last edited by theredliner : 26th September 2015 at 12:40.
Old 26th September 2015, 16:42   #314
BHPian

At the conjectural price of ~11 OTR it's justified to expect the above features of touch screen infotainment etc. given that the Jazz and Elite i20 have it in their top end variants (not sure about lower variants of jazz but i20 offers it only on Asta O)

I hope it lives up to at least a fraction of all our expectations We have the linea emotion first model which we plan to do away with now... so some TJet should come home is my wish...
Old 27th September 2015, 12:38   #315
Senior - BHPian

A friend received a call from the Fiat dealer, Mysore. The Abarth will cost Rs.12L on-road, according to him.
schakravarthy is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread