Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2015, 19:47   #511
BHPian

Default re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

I am so tempted to exchange my 75Hp for this. Hope they have good exhange offers on the car.
Old 18th October 2015, 20:02   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Latest from the Fiat India Twitter Feed.

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-puntoabarth5.jpg

Tagline: A new era in Accessible Performance Motoring begins tomorrow! India will now be able to #GiveSpeedAComplex.

Source: Fiat India Twitter
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 20:16   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Did the earlier version have Bluetooth audio streaming? Atleast my car didn't support A2DP.

But the Abarth has it, as per the brochure. So is this system U connect based? They haven't mentioned blue& me anywhere.
Old 18th October 2015, 21:32   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Did the earlier version have Bluetooth audio streaming? Atleast my car didn't support A2DP.

But the Abarth has it, as per the brochure. So is this system U connect based? They haven't mentioned blue& me anywhere.
As per an earlier discussion in this post and an article in Motoroctane, the Abarth Punto will be the first car to get the updated system that supports Audio Streaming via A2DP. System seems to be U-Connect based.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 22:45   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more unique shots of the Abarth Punto on display to whet the collective appetites, before the official launch tomorrow:

RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 23:57   #516
BHPian

IMHO, Fiat should have toned down the styling a bit. After all the number of people who can afford this car and have no need to drive it to their office will be very less.

I am eagerly awaiting for this launch. I have plans to buy a petrol sedan next year and Linea T-jet fits my needs well. I am OK with the downsides of this car - low mileage (my usage will not be heavy); low resale value (planning to use next car for 7-8 years) My only concern is the very low numbers that the car sells; if Fiat discontinues the engine in India, my aforementioned plans for long ownership might be tough. Hopefully Abarth Punto will dispel that concern for me.
Old 19th October 2015, 00:26   #517
BHPian

Well I just figured out something. A few posts back I had mentioned that Abarth Punto seems to have the standard Blue&me system as opposed to Uconnect. And I just compared some pics and I noticed that the buttons on the steering wheel no longer have the Windows key. Instead there is a voice command key. So I guess Blue&me is really out and Uconnect is in with A2DP supporting Bluetooth media streaming. Why I had the doubt before was because I assumed Abarth Punto will come with the system like that in Linea Elegante.

Usual Blue&me

In Abarth Punto

Last edited by firstguri : 19th October 2015 at 00:28.
firstguri is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 00:36   #518
Senior - BHPian

While I desperately want to post on this thread but have absolutely nothing to post.
I am a Linea T-Jet owner and seriously wish to own this car one day, any suggestions as to how to convince my family as to how can it be called an "upgrade" if one is going from Sedan to a Hatch.
So the only option left for me is to take a TD and be happy (or actually sad).

I am not comfortable with the idea of tuner box.

Last edited by carwatcher : 19th October 2015 at 00:38.
Old 19th October 2015, 04:34   #519
BHPian

Well I am just waiting for the launch today. Finally the price will be disclosed. I have been very impatiently following the car since five months. It all culminates today. I'm still sailing and hoping to get off in a month's time and I have already instructed my wife to do the needful in the meantime. I just want to go straight from the airport to the showroom and take delivery. Shockingly Fiat dealers in Chandigarh and Mohali till today have no idea about the car, as in the launch and availability . They are saying that the launch has got delayed and it'll only come around Diwali. What the bloody fish! But I just hope it's all sorted by the time I come back. Also looking forward to see how much the car weighs coz I want to know how much is the power/tonne and torque/tonne ratio. Not that it's going to make any difference but just like that. I scanned the brochure pics ten times but the weight wasn't to be found anywhere.

And I am already planning the upgrades. Tyres are the first. I had made my mind up on Contimax MC5. And just today I got to know that Goodyear has launched Assurance Triplemax and it also comes in 195/55 R16 size. Now I am confused. A simple search on Google points out both to be almost similar territory. The other being ICE. Planning a 4 channel amp' with components (2-way, 3-way; not yet decided) at both front and rear. No subwoofer though. I am very un-Punjabi that way . Hoping the Uconnect system doesn't have issues like Blue&me due to which the amp' always stays powered on.

Last edited by firstguri : 19th October 2015 at 04:50.
Old 19th October 2015, 10:06   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
While I desperately want to post on this thread but have absolutely nothing to post.
I am a Linea T-Jet owner and seriously wish to own this car one day, any suggestions as to how to convince my family as to how can it be called an "upgrade" if one is going from Sedan to a Hatch.
So the only option left for me is to take a TD and be happy (or actually sad).

I am not comfortable with the idea of tuner box.
I'm in the same boat . It's difficult to convince someone that moving from Linea 112 bhp to Punto Abarth 145 bhp is an upgrade...
Old 19th October 2015, 10:20   #521
Senior - BHPian

Any information on the launch time and link if any, for the live streaming?
Old 19th October 2015, 10:33   #522
BHPian

While I absolutely love manual transmission cars, and this car does indeed demand a 6 speed stick shift. My left knee is in a semi destroyed state and can't deal with Bangalore traffic. I really hope they launch this in an AT version.
Old 19th October 2015, 10:33   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Rubbertramps

Whichever way one looks at this, GT TSI is no match for this Italian Scorpion . Going only by the numbers, I will even go so far to say that even a Brilliant driver in a GT TSI may find it hard to beat an Amateur driver in a Punto EVO Abarth in a straight line drag.

BUT, and that is a real "Big BUT", if FIAT messes up with the gearbox on the final version, we may have to re-look at these stats.

P.S - With an astounding 0-100km/hr time of 8.8secs, I am very confident that FIAT has conquered the notchy Gearbox on EVO Abarth.
The Engine is definitely no match, but you are missing an important point here. The GT TSi comes with DSG and Punto doesn't. Lightning shifts of DSG cannot be matched by any driver in the Punto.
That said Punto is definitely the hotter hatch .
Old 19th October 2015, 10:44   #524

I just called Fiat Caffe Bangalore. And they are saying launch postpned to 21st!
Old 19th October 2015, 10:53   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Rohan Albal shares this photo from the launch venue:

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-crp_nqnwoaaoyrm.jpg

Bertrand D'Souza shares the brochure for the Abarth Avventura:

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-crqdwx3xaae1nj5.jpg

The Abarth Punto on display at the venue by CarBlogIndia:

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-crqdvbveaaqxbj.jpg-large.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th October 2015 at 11:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Closed Thread