Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th August 2017, 16:01   #316
BHPian

Ex showroom Kolkata prices? What difference does it going to make when we are in one india one tax gst era?

Can someone enlighten me? I presume exshowroom price was almost same everywhere and only the VAT was different before?
drashkum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 16:48   #317
BHPian

Default re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna

Yes, I assumed ex-showroom prices would be "nearly" same. For reference, I used Mumbai ex-showroom price for comparison with the leaked pricing.
pathik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 17:27   #318
SRM
BHPian

Nice! I wasn't expecting this from Hyundai for Verna given their recent launches. I thought they'll continue to punish petrol lovers and provide lesser features as has been their trend. But this is a good surprise, happy to be proven wrong! Which is why - competition is always good, keeps you on your toes.

The top variant looks fully loaded with some really good features, safety equipment and good engines. And finally a car maker has realised the consumer preference and shift towards petrol engines and automatics by providing AT in top petrol variant! Although I am AT averse, its good that they've paid attention to the market needs.

I am not in the market for a purchase, but now the SX(O) petrol package has got me genuinely interested. If priced well, I could be in the market to exchange my SX4 with this!

Just hope that if it sees good numbers, Hyundai doesn't get greedy (like in the past) and start reducing the features on its line-up.
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 18:07   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
All variants, from E to SX(O), will come with 1.6L engines this time. They won't get any duty benefits.

This is more closer. The top variant of the Verna is close to 13 lakh ex-showroom, and the addition of a sunroof + ventilated seats alone should cost a cool lakh rupees extra. Add a longer, wider platform (new-gen's Elantra vs existing gen's i20), more features than the existing SX(O), Hyundai's so-called "premium" positioning, and you will see that their assumed pricing would stand justified.

I would love it if they priced it any lower, though. But, going by Hyundai's premium-pricing history vis-a-vis Honda's positioning of the City, I am not too confident of dynamite, earth-shattering prices for the next-gen Verna.
Agree RavenAvi that this is a very good product from the Hyundai stable. But with these prices, they are daydreaming about 4500 units a month. Ciaz and Honda are usually neck to neck with 5-6 K units each. Hyundai is not going to make 4500 units unless they price 50K or so above the Ciaz variant to variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
The above listed price should be the GST included price i think, not the one in the picture. But if hyundai plans to take up the competition with Ciaz, i personally feel that the prices are 50k to 75k more than it should have been.

Vento TSI DSG HL+ retails at 14.9 lakh OTR but has discounts. So one can but a Top trim vento at 14.1 Lakhs on this day. Even lesser if you get the insurance quote from outside.

I honestly feel, if Verna Petrol SX(O) is priced northwards of 14. 5 L, it would make vento HL DSG TSI more value for money.
They will need to price it at 50K or so above the Ciaz if they want 4.5 K units a month. Else, this is just going to pile up inventory for year - end discounts given that they have produced 10K units prior to Diwali starting
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 01:45   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Big thanks to Swati Khandelwal Jain @ Facebook for sharing these.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v7.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v3.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v2.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v4.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v1.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v6.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v5.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna-v8.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th August 2017 at 01:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 07:22   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

This should a first in the Indian Automotive industry -

"Superior bottoming down performance with optimum ground clearance"!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 07:43   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This should a first in the Indian Automotive industry -

Reminds me of the MBA days when the content had to be made up just to fill the slides.

Apart from ventilated seats, two other things caught my attention
1- Hands free smart trunk. Will be a useful feature to have (if it is bug free).
2- Cornering lamps. Drove the i20 Active which has cornering lamps and found them to be really useful, specially when driving in the hills or in low lit streets.

Found it strange that they mention rear parking sensors - 4 nos in the safety section. I mean why would they pick parking sensors over Dual Airbags, ABS and EBD to be highlighted in the briefing. Is it because these are standard across the range and the camera is added to higher models? That would mean Dual airbags and ABS are not standard. SAD !

OR
As I mentioned earlier, the content had to be made up just to fill the slides.
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 07:57   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This should be a first in the Indian Automotive industry

What does this mean? Do they mean superior suspension setup to clear the ground?
Old 8th August 2017, 08:06   #324
BHPian

Quote:
What does this mean? Do they mean superior suspension setup to clear the ground?
Yes. I'd hope they are talking about ground clearance and suspension stiffness.

What was the intent of the presentation? Hopefully, this is not dealer / sales training.

"Sir.. your vehicle now has full bottoming up, no more bottoming down. Also SUPER safety. Also, NEW LATEST GEN automatic. " :headexplodes:
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 08:07   #325
BHPian

Quote:

So my interpretation, let me try,probably meant superior high speed downforce for stability and with the downforce has adequate ground clearance so that the car doesn't bottom out. Uncontrol.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 08:50   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Yes. I'd hope they are talking about ground clearance and suspension stiffness.

What was the intent of the presentation? Hopefully, this is not dealer / sales training.

"Sir.. your vehicle now has full bottoming up, no more bottoming down. Also SUPER safety. Also, NEW LATEST GEN automatic. " :headexplodes:
I really hope the NCAP doesn't say superior totalling up performance in case of accidents 😝
drashkum is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 10:56   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post

Reminds me of the MBA days when the content had to be made up just to fill the slides.

Found it strange that they mention rear parking sensors - 4 nos in the safety section. I mean why would they pick parking sensors over Dual Airbags, ABS and EBD to be highlighted in the briefing.
Couldn't agree more with you drive2eternity

But what really had in splits was this:

Super Safety - Floor Carpet Hooks

REALLY HYUNDAI ??
Vik0728 is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 18:28   #328
BHPian

Well, so I had a word with a local Hyundai sales person I happen to know (bought a Creta in the family from them). He says (from what he knows) the Auto EX Diesel will be priced around 15L OTR, so the leaked pricing seems like it's not too far off. That means top-end Diesel Automatic for close to 18L

He also confirmed prices will be revisited now with the 10% additional cess proposed, so the prices may be even higher.

Incidentally, I got a message from a Honda dealer that City price will increase by 80k - 1L once the new 10% cess is approved and to hurry to book the City now! With the already absurd pricing and now a 10% cess, I guess I have to drop Verna from my list of cars in consideration!
pathik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 18:53   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Well, so I had a word with a local Hyundai sales person I happen to know (bought a Creta in the family from them). He says (from what he knows) the Auto EX Diesel will be priced around 15L OTR, so the leaked pricing seems like it's not too far off. That means top-end Diesel Automatic for close to 18L

He also confirmed prices will be revisited now with the 10% additional cess proposed, so the prices may be even higher.

Incidentally, I got a message from a Honda dealer that City price will increase by 80k - 1L once the new 10% cess is approved and to hurry to book the City now! With the already absurd pricing and now a 10% cess, I guess I have to drop Verna from my list of cars in consideration!
Chance less. I would advice you to hold on. I have booked my verna. The SA is damn sure that top end petrol AT wil be maximum 14 lakhs. I have categorically told him if it is anything more than 14.5 L im cancelling the next second. So please wait.
Old 8th August 2017, 20:05   #330
BHPian

Doesn't VW already have a similar car in Vento 1.6 with an Autobox? I mean compared to a Verna 1.6 with a six speed autobox.

Both are without a turbo, both are 1.6 & both are six speed auto. Only Hyundai is launching it in late 2017 and VW is about to phase them out.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote