Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th August 2015, 12:27   #1
BHPian

Default Mahindra E2O service woes - Mahindra no longer providing at-home service (as promised earlier)

Hi All,

I'm a not so proud owner of Mahindra Reva e2o. The car in itself is a very good car but off late Mahindra have changed their service model and I feel is very disappointing and making me feel so about this car.

I purchased the car in 2013 and I was told that the service will be provided at house and during maintenance period. Within one year of my purchase they stopped this service and every time I ask for a problem, I was asked to get the car to service center. The biggest problem is that there are very few service centers for E2O and there is no free pick up and drop like they do for other Mahindra vehicles. You should travel lot of distance and spend lot of time at service center as you need to also get the car charged to get back from where you came. This is pathetic. I don't know how mahindra thought that sales will be good with this kind of stupid service model. Not all Mahindra service station do e2O service and there is no road side assistance, and top of that pick up and drop is chargeable for E2O where as the same service center provides free pickup for other mahindra vehicles.

Unless they change this model, I dont think this car is good buy IMO. Thought this will help potential buyers and also hopefully Mahindra will think about their service model and change it.
abacusv is offline   (20) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mahindra E2O service woes - Mahindra no longer providing at-home service (as promised earlier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Hi All,

I'm a not so proud owner of Mahindra Reva e2o. The car in itself is a very good car but off late Mahindra have changed their service model and I feel is very disappointing and making me feel so about this car.

I purchased the car in 2013 and I was told that the service will be provided at house and during maintenance period.
Not the best tactics to change the service model, because that was one of the USPs of the Reva. I searched through their site but wasn't able to find the service at home bit, so looks like they have removed it.

RSA and a courtesy vehicle during service is listed though, so that should make things easier.

http://mahindrareva.com/buy/e2o-care-protection-plan

I've heard that the car is good otherwise, and doesn't require service more than once a year, so hopefully this won't affect your experience that much.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 13:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mahindra E2O service woes - Mahindra no longer providing at-home service (as promised earlier)

Shame on Mahindra to renege on their commitment! If they promised at-home service at the time of purchasing such a steeply priced car, they better make good on it. I suggest you take it up strongly with Mahindra. This thread will get their attention; also post it on the usual social media channels.

A promise is a promise. Mahindra should bend over backward for early adopters who placed trust in their brand. If anything, they should provide more than they had originally committed! Over promising & under delivering just isn't done.

Quote:
Not all Mahindra service station do e2O service and there is no road side assistance, and top of that pick up and drop is chargeable for E2O where as the same service center provides free pickup for other mahindra vehicles.
Talk about step-motherly treatment!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 14:27   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra E2O service woes - Mahindra no longer providing at-home service (as promised earlier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
RSA and a courtesy vehicle during service is listed though, so that should make things easier.

http://mahindrareva.com/buy/e2o-care-protection-plan

I've heard that the car is good otherwise, and doesn't require service more than once a year, so hopefully this won't affect your experience that much.

RSA is only for battery and not for everything, its clearly saying battery be aware. And when I mailed Mahindra, they are asking me show me the agreement if we had said we will give you road site assistance..

All this problem started because of a stupid portable charging cable problem. I have no
charge left on the car and no cable to charge as the cable is faulty. They are asking me to bring the cable to their service center. I need to go far away(only 5 in bangalore) to their service center get the cable rectified, come back, charge the car and use it.

Or else pay for pick up and drop which will any way loose almost a day to get it rectified for a problem as simple as charging cable issue. This is not a problem with a car but their service model. If they could give assistance to the place where car is parked, the problem will be solved easier than this. Pathetic, I use scorpio from Mahindra as my first car, and trust me bigger problems get solved in couple of hours than this silly problem.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 14:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All this problem started because of a stupid portable charging cable problem. I have no
charge left on the car and no cable to charge as the cable is faulty. They are asking me to bring the cable to their service center. I need to go far away(only 5 in bangalore) to their service center get the cable rectified, come back, charge the car and use it.

Or else pay for pick up and drop which will any way loose almost a day to get it rectified for a problem as simple as charging cable issue. This is not a problem with a car but their service model. If they could give assistance to the place where car is parked, the problem will be solved easier than this. Pathetic, I use scorpio from Mahindra as my first car, and trust me bigger problems get solved in couple of hours than this silly problem.
Did you complain to the Mahindra E2O service hotline?
Please make it a point to write to Mahindra higher ups on this.

This is bad on Mahindra's part for asking you to visit the service centre for faulty cable.

I am lucky to have the E2O service centre within 2Kms from my house. My car is due for first service in a couple of months.
So far I have had good experience with the car and the service, let's hope it remains the same.

Last edited by speedmiester : 19th August 2015 at 14:47.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 14:50   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You should travel lot of distance and spend lot of time at service center
It is a sad reality that initial customers for all M&M models are treated as test subjects. While M&M does a commendable job in getting customer feedback and coming with a better variant of vehicle, I feel many of the issues could have been ironed out in initial variant itself.

Regarding time spend at service center, I guess you are mentioning the same since you have to wait till vehicle is charged for your return journey. However, do note that this is the same case with most of M&M service centers. They take their own sweet time to do any small job.

Quote:
where as the same service center provides free pickup for other mahindra vehicles.
Regarding the free pickup. I guess M&M has stopped the official free pick up and drop policy about a year back. Even for their flagship XUV, they don't provide the same now. Though, certain dealerships do give it as a free add on.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 17:04   #7
BHPian

Have you tried contacting Mr. Anand Mahindra on Twitter - he tends to respond quite frequently.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 17:38   #8
BHPian

In India, electric car market is already a market in dying stage, before it is born. If the manufacturers make fun of those who purchased their cars with a noble intention to save the environment, by paying a premium for a car that has very less capabilities, how the industry will grow?
Now, just to get your vehicle serviced, you need to be absent at work for a full day, because you want to save environment by driving an electric car.
It seems there is no incentive in buying and driving this vehicle, at the cost of losing out on several features, driving pleasure, etc.
Why should't one simply buy a Nano that comes at a fraction of e2Os price, has a lot of features, drinks less petrol and its a breeze to drive in the city. To top it all, it also comes as automatic!! If you cannot drive e2O for reasons such as this, you would anyway take out your petrol car or subscribe to other modes of transport!
hybridpetrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 19:09   #9
BHPian

Unrelated to your problem but I feel that there are always after sales problems with models that don't sell in large numbers. My skoda vrs had faced the same issues due to the service staff being untrained to even diagnose it properly. I would always prefer to buy a vehicle that has sold in large numbers as it will always be backed by good service.
Even though its a noble thing you did by picking up and electric vehicle I would personally stay away from these electrics/hybrids till they don't begin selling in large numbers like other normal cars in India.
yash2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 20:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

abascusV - if you are interested I can PM you Anand Mahindra's office ID. Write to him and see what happens. Nothing to lose. At worst he wont reply.
V.Narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 20:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Unless they change this model, I dont think this car is good buy IMO. Thought this will help potential buyers and also hopefully Mahindra will think about their service model and change it.
Ok. So they stopped providing at-home service and started charging for pick up/delivery.

Next important question : What outcome you are looking for?
1. You want to keep the car but want M&M to change the service model.
2. You do not intend to keep the car.

If you choose the 2nd one, it is very straightforward. And I think you are not looking for this option.

If you choose the 1st one, What options do you have?
1. Pay for pick up/delivery and get the service done.
2. Defer the service until M&M agrees for at-home service or free pick up/delivery.

In case you want M&M change its service model, what options do you have?
1. Consult and unite other E20 users and collectively discuss the issue.
2. Write a mail / tweet to Mr.Mahindra (Already advised).
3. Social network / Magazine heads etc (Already advised).
4. Ask for a helping hand from the ministry of transport (Online grievance portal) - Believe me it works!
5. Consult lawyer with whatever documentation you have in your hand to check if you can pressurize M&M.

All the best!
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 14:10   #12
BHPian

I have written mail to customer care and Customer care head. Not sure if they will make any change.

The person came today to my office, checked the cable, replaced it with new one and went.
All this happened with in 15 minutes. I put the car for charging immediately and I am ready to use it. All peaceful. All my stress could have been avoided and I would have been even more happier with the car if they had done this yesterday instead of asking me to make my own arrangement to either give the cable or drive to near by charging place, charge the care and drive home or to service center to get the problem rectified, spending my entire day and some cash to get the thing resolved which takes hardly 15 minutes to solve on spot.

Hopefully something positive comes out of all the request and mails I sent to them. I will keep you guys posted.

1. They should increase their service stations so that major corners are covered, at it is easy to reach their centers quickly. and or
2. They should provide road side assistance in acceptable time.
abacusv is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 14:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have written mail to customer care and Customer care head. Not sure if they will make any change.

The person came today to my office, checked the cable, replaced it with new one and went.
All this happened with in 15 minutes. I put the car for charging immediately and I am ready to use it. All peaceful. All my stress could have been avoided and I would have been even more happier with the car if they had done this yesterday instead of asking me to make my own arrangement to either give the cable or drive to near by charging place, charge the care and drive home or to service center to get the problem rectified, spending my entire day and some cash to get the thing resolved which takes hardly 15 minutes to solve on spot.

Hopefully something positive comes out of all the request and mails I sent to them. I will keep you guys posted.

1. They should increase their service stations so that major corners are covered, at it is easy to reach their centers quickly. and or
2. They should provide road side assistance in acceptable time.
Good to hear the issue is resolved, I believe you use the wall mounted charger which used to the norm in the earlier E2O.
I have a independent charger cable which can be used in any three phase plug point. I have used it to charge my car at my office and friend's place using an extension box and the charging cable.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote