Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2015, 14:50   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV

This looks a Duster made by Honda. In 2015. For 2016.

Sharp, modern,feature loaded.
Old 6th November 2015, 15:19   #137
BHPian

I was thinking about how this car might be priced. Let us take the petrol version for example. Mobilio's ex-showroom price is around 8-10 lakhs (depending on the variant). Now they'll have to price BRV with a substantial difference, or risk cannibalization of Mobilio's sales (Honda sold 700 units of Mobilio last month). Also, this is the only car in its segment to seat 7, so add some premium. That means this car should be priced around 12-14 lakhs (ex-showroom). In comparison, the Creta's top end (1.6L SX+) is ~11 lakhs (ex-showroom).

If history is anything to go by, Honda has made multiple pricing disasters (Jazz 1st gen, Mobilio). And BRV seems to have all the ingredients to head that path as well.
Old 6th November 2015, 15:38   #138
BHPian

I don't think BRV will co-exist with Mobilio. Same engines, same seating capacity, infact one may look at it as a Mobilio with better interiors (spartan interiors has been a major complaint with Mobilio) and a slightly different front-end (Brio like face of Mobilio has been another dislike). So it seems Honda's answer to Mobilio's shortcomings is the BRV. There is no reason for Mobilio to exist once BRV is available. Who would buy a Mobilio once the BRV is available?
Old 6th November 2015, 19:22   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
I don't think BRV will co-exist with Mobilio. Same engines, same seating capacity, infact one may look at it as a Mobilio with better interiors (spartan interiors has been a major complaint with Mobilio) and a slightly different front-end (Brio like face of Mobilio has been another dislike). So it seems Honda's answer to Mobilio's shortcomings is the BRV. There is no reason for Mobilio to exist once BRV is available. Who would buy a Mobilio once the BRV is available?
They would probably stay in different segments. Mobilio presently competes with Ertiga. From whatever press has written about BRV so far, it appears that Honda is planning to compete with other premium compact SUV, a.k.a. Creta.
Old 6th November 2015, 20:01   #140
BHPian

Honda is delivering what should have been delivered on the Mobilio.

For the steep pricing, the Mobilio should have got this dash, front end and new seats.
Had mobilio had them, the Maruti would've been forced to radically change the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Who would buy a Mobilio once the BRV is available?
Interesting thing little question there. But I think the BRV will be priced much steeper, have a more transmission options (6 MT for Petrol and diesel and CVT for petrol I'm guessing), have better interiors (dash similar to City/Jazz), ACC and an integrated music system.

I'll not be surprised if some BR-V model will be more expensive compared to the city.

There maybe heavy showroom discounts on the Mobilio when this launches in large scale. So when the waiting periods go up, I'll not be surprised when the salesman pushes some customers to buy the mobilio which is almost the same in terms of space with cheaper interiors and a much lower price tag.

If you look at it: You might get top end mobilio for the price of mid range BR-V.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 6th November 2015 at 20:05.
Old 6th November 2015, 22:21   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

There maybe heavy showroom discounts on the Mobilio when this launches in large scale. So when the waiting periods go up, I'll not be surprised when the salesman pushes some customers to buy the mobilio which is almost the same in terms of space with cheaper interiors and a much lower price tag.
I would think the reverse would be true. Why would a company want to push customers to buy a lower priced model that it has to sell at hugely discounted prices ? Why would it lose potential BRV customers, where it would make much higher profit margins due to the higher prices suggested earlier, to a model with much lower profits ?
Given Honda's production constraints, why would it produce a non-performing non-premium product at all, when they have a replacement for the same segment (7 seater, exactly same interior space, more premium) and supposedly delivering better profits ?
Infact, many of the current Mobilio customers are buying it only because they love Honda, and would not consider other brands. Once BRV is available, most of these potential customer will move to BRV, leaving almost no market for Mobilio, which already has a miniscule market share (about 10% of Ertiga).
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:48   #142
Senior - BHPian

My car hunt has suddenly brought me to this thread. The vehicle looks good in the videos. I hope the body panels are sturdy and vehicle is well built, not flimsy. My sister-in-law has a 2011 City and somehow I don't like its build when I compare it to Ritz. I know that both are different segment vehicles but its what I feel. I test drove the Mobilio as well as Amaze but both seemed tinny and were not confidence inspiring like say S-Cross, no offence to respective owners please.

If this one is not like Mobilio & Amaze, hasn't got niggles like new City, and top end manual Petrol costs me 12L on road, I might consider this also. I hope Honda atleast conveys regarding the launch timings. Also I would like it to come with 6 airbags, TCS and ESP. Wishful thinking!

Time to follow this thread also.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th November 2015 at 22:49.
Old 6th November 2015, 23:41   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Hope, the team-bhp drive report for the BR-V is coming-up shortly.
Those seats look pretty thin !
Old 7th November 2015, 01:16   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, isn't the person in this picture our friendly moderator Samurai-san?
Aahhh... with 20 media people trying to shoot two available cars in just one hour, it was impossible to avoid each other. I am also at 1:50 position in the Autocar India Video of BR-V.

Quote:
Hope, the team-bhp drive report for the BR-V is coming-up shortly.
Yes, working on it.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 09:29   #145

Is it just me or do other people also find the interiors extremely boring ? Doesn't seem to have that classy, upmarket feel to it !!!
surfacer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 11:08   #146
BHPian

Do the headlamps have wipers on them? Reminds of Volvos of the era gone by. Why not washer jets for the HID? I should admit though, it'd look cool to see those tiny wipers go about their job.

I find the width too narrow for my liking. Can 3 people sit abreast, comfortably? And the steering wheel is too small for a 7 seater - doesn't feel macho enough. Love the trademark Lincoln style tail lamps though. The red tail lamp strip running through the boot gives a very sophisticated look to the rear.
Old 7th November 2015, 12:04   #147
BHPian

The front of this car is ultra stylish. It's just the mobilio side which lets it down. The rear is quite nice too. But absolutely oved the front. And they need to do something about the interiors.
Old 7th November 2015, 12:08   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Do the headlamps have wipers on them? Reminds of Volvos of the era gone by. Why not washer jets for the HID? I should admit though, it'd look cool to see those tiny wipers go about their job.
There are no wipers. Here are 2 high resolution images from Paultan during the Japan drive:

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvdrivejapan201548.jpg

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvdrivejapan201547.jpg

I don't think any present gen. cars get these wipers anymore - the nozzles for the headlamps are usually driven by a high pressure pump (vis-a-vis the one for the windshield; both operating out of the same reservoir).
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 23:42   #149
BHPian

Honda BR-V full review by Thai Auto:

Note: No translation to English. Mods please delete the post its is a duplicate.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 12:21   #150
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th November 2015 at 14:46.
kumar2007 is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread