Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th August 2015, 13:23   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default BMW 3, 5-Series, X3 now available with 360 degree programme

BMW has announced that the 3-Series, 5-Series and X3 are now available with a new 360 degree programme in India.

BMW 3, 5-Series, X3 now available with 360 degree programme-01-bmw-3-series.jpg

The BMW 360 degree programme enables prospective owners to select the BMW model of their choice, the tenure of financial contract and the per annum mileage criterion. Based on this, the customer can avail of assured buyback, low down payment, affordable monthly instalments and complimentary service and maintenance for 3 years.

The programme also allows the customer to upgrade, retain, or return the vehicle at the end of the tenure.

BMW 3, 5-Series, X3 now available with 360 degree programme-02-bmw-5-series.jpg

The BMW 360 degree programme is available at the select BMW dealerships across the country - Delhi (Deutsche Motoren), Mumbai (Infinity Cars and Navnit Motors), Chennai (KUN Exclusive), Hyderabad (KUN Exclusive), Bangalore (Navnit Motors), Gurgaon (Bird Automotive), Ahmedabad (Parsoli Motors), Jaipur (Sanghi Classic), Raipur ( Munich Motors) and Nagpur ( Munich Motors).
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 11:44   #2
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 3, 5-Series, X3 now available with 360 degree programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
BMW has announced that the 3-Series, 5-Series and X3 are now available with a new 360 degree programme in India.

Attachment 1408282

The BMW 360 degree programme enables prospective owners to select the BMW model of their choice, the tenure of financial contract and the per annum mileage criterion. Based on this, the customer can avail of assured buyback, low down payment, affordable monthly instalments and complimentary service and maintenance for 3 years.

The programme also allows the customer to upgrade, retain, or return the vehicle at the end of the tenure.
What would be better if these companies start providing vehicles on lease (same as the lease programs that they have in the developed countries) where you basically finance the depreciated value of the car instead of the actual price. With a mileage cap, the assured buyback is nothing but the residual value of the car. Benefit to consumer is a lower monthly outgo and at end of tenure, the car can be agreed to be purchased at agreed buy back rate - by the owner.

For example, if a 30L car has a 3 year residual of 20L, the amount financed is 10L and the corresponding finance payments are for 10L and at end of tenure, the lessee can return the car to BMW Finance or purchase the car for the agreed upon residual of 20L.

I think, this would really increase sales of these luxury brands as they hold their values pretty well for first 2-3 years and then plummet.
Asifgrkhan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 12:39   #3
BHPian

Another advantage with this scheme is buyers can look to petrol engines without thinking twice about superior resale value for the diesel counterpart.
super.cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 12:45   #4
BHPian

Can someone explain me the maths here? Is it as simple as :

For a 30L rupee car if the residual value after 3 years is 20L. Then I just pay 10L and use the car for 3 years.

Thanks in advance.
Crazy_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 13:18   #5
BHPian

It's not as simple as that. The Advert clearly states 57% of ex showroom value. So the consumer still needs to cough up road tax and insurance which in this case would be round about 25% of ex showroom value. So if the ex showroom price is 30 lakhs you pay an additional 7 lakhs towards road tax etc and after 3 years the buyback would be at 17 lakhs. In effect you would pay about 20 lakhs in 3 years
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 21:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, I was trying to understand this but the website seems pretty vague (link - http://bmw360.in/#multiple-benefits) I've called a sales rep home this weekend will try and get some more information on this.

Edit: Added .pdf brocheure. 360-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by quickdraw : 1st September 2015 at 21:06.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 14:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Here's a little more information as stated in official communications and dealer inputs:

Quote:

Benefits

- Down payment as low as 5% of ex-showroom price.

- 40% lower EMI from the traditional plan.

- Lump sum bullet amount option also available from the financier to further reduce the EMI.

How the 360 degree program works for a customer:

- Select the model (Available in 3 Series, 5 Series and X3).

- Select the mileage per annum (10k, 15k and 20k options).

- Get the assured buyback from the dealer.

- Sign legal buyback agreement with the dealership.

- Read Wear and Tear policy in detail.

- Enter into finance agreement with BMW Financial.

- Take delivery.

NOTE- Loan tenure will be a maximum of 2 - 3 years.
Attached are the finance quotes for the 320d Luxury Line, 520d Luxury Line & 530d M Sports as received from the dealership.

520d Luxury Mumbai 36 10000km.pdf

530d M Sports Mumbai 36 10000km.pdf

320d Luxury Sports Mumbai 36 10000km.pdf

Last edited by Tushar : 11th September 2015 at 14:49.
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 15:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Here's a little more information as stated in official communications and dealer inputs:

Attached are the finance quotes for the 320d Luxury Line, 520d Luxury Line & 530d M Sports as received from the dealership.

Attachment 1413208

Attachment 1413209

Attachment 1413210
Oh wow!
Honestly - it is quite an expensive proposition still! Might be more viable to just take a discount and purchase the car completely with a slightly longer tenure (5 years).
In the case of the 320D, a 5 year loan with similar terms would have the EMI increasing by INR 10K apprx. but at the end of the day one doesn't have a mileage cap and would easily recover more than the differential amount at time of resale (i.e: INR 10K * 60 months = INR 6L)

Similarly, the 520D - the 5 year loan would have an EMI differential of INR 15K/month, which translates to INR 9L more over the course of 5 years and is more than easily recoverable during resale. Our 8 year old previous gen 525D got offers of 12+ from dealers!

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th September 2015 at 15:54.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 19:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a little more information as stated in official communications and dealer inputs
Thanks for sharing , in plain terms if I understand correctly for 530 D , one will end up paying 15 Lac Down & about Rs 1,12 Lac per month for 36 Month and left with Nothing at end ?
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 20:44   #10
BHPian

Another benefit mentioned in the website was "Complimentary Maintenance Package" - Does that mean the BSI is included? (Also I guess there are 3 levels of BSI - Does anyone know what kind of BSI is included?)

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 11th September 2015 at 20:45. Reason: typo
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 17:44   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly - it is quite an expensive proposition still! Might be more viable to just take a discount and purchase the car completely with a slightly longer tenure (5 years).
Completely agreed. What a lame scheme this 360 degree thing is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
in plain terms if I understand correctly for 530 D , one will end up paying 15 Lac Down & about Rs 1,12 Lac per month for 36 Month and left with Nothing at end ?
In the 36th month, you pay 35 lakhs or so to keep the car. See the last payment in the PDF.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 17:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the 36th month, you pay 35 lakhs or so to keep the car.
Oh yes , I meant that we are left with nothing like lease - so we have to either pay balance or get re-financed or give back car to BMW probably as buyback is also assured in this program if I understand correctly .

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th September 2015 at 17:47.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 23:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the Bmw360.in website now and it has a calculator set up there and I was looking over the numbers for a BMW 320d prestige(as per the official prices), basically a 1.5 lac downpayment and then 69K emi for 3 yrs, with the Residual Value at 20.5 lacs(down from the original 37)

Taking this as the example for these "Assured buyback schemes" offered by both BMW and Audi, would you consider this as a good deal? (For a self employed professional that would also get tax benefits if he owns the car for this period of time). I'm asking this since I don't have an experience with the actual resale value that I would be looking at if I were to sell these German luxury cars at say 3 years and at 5 years. How much value would be left ?

As the extremes of the spectrum, in terms of percentage what would be the residual value of
A BMW X1 (selling well, good demand)
An Audi A3 Cabriolet (Niche product, low demand)
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 03:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have an experience with the actual resale value that I would be looking at if I were to sell these German luxury cars at say 3 years and at 5 years. How much value would be left ?
It will be in the same ballpark, you can always try selling it outside, say within your extended family or known circle or in open market at higher rates. Do note that this gets invalidated in case of any serious damage to the car. A3 Cabriolet will definitely have a lower resale as it will appeal to a limited set of customers. Go for a mid or higher-spec variant of whatever you buy, after the initial euphoria, you will start missing features which might be available in a segment or two below as standard. If you can stretch your budget, outgoing 520-D makes a good sense given the high rebates they are offering.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 10:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do note that this gets invalidated in case of any serious damage to the car.
Bang On..!!

Fine print like this will be there at umpteen places and you can actually never be sure of the value they will offer you at the end. It is best to sell it either in the open market or to people you know and you will get better prices than their offer/agreement.

Also, I completely agree with buying the highest version of a premium car, not only for its features but its resale and appeal to a second owner.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote