Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2015, 14:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

More pics of the New Baleno - all black interiors!

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-12_baleno_scene_mood.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-13_baleno_interior-1.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-14_baleno_interior-1.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-15_baleno_luggage-1.jpg

Name:  964468807482650553.jpg
Views: 6250
Size:  27.7 KB

Name:  340725613584320775.jpg
Views: 6137
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  939801047841725399.jpg
Views: 6000
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  1604644029629070421.jpg
Views: 6072
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  17480061531131640436.jpg
Views: 6106
Size:  24.0 KB

source: Autocar & Worldcarfans

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 15:04.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Mamma Mia, that red colour looks beautiful. The overall figures are very tempting. If they priced it right, it surely damages Jazz and i20.

Looking forward for more updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+1. Red looks delicious - a mix of premium and sporty looks!

Overall figures mentioned above are just for us to drool though. It would probably be launched in India with the same 1.2 K series and 1.3L 90hp multijet engine options as several other cars in the Maruti stable!
Opinion differs, i just loved the silver one

Silver one is looking very cool and up market. I love its alloys as well. Hope Maruti will give that one here in India as well. I am sure Maruti will price it very well as it has to be significantly lower than the s-cross and it has the under 4 m advantage as well.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

The stunning Red Baleno. More pics inside-out!
Name:  9.PNG
Views: 8233
Size:  723.9 KB
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-10.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-12.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-11.png
Name:  8.PNG
Views: 6111
Size:  821.8 KB
Name:  13.PNG
Views: 5902
Size:  597.4 KB
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.png
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5630
Size:  692.8 KB
Name:  2.PNG
Views: 5511
Size:  849.5 KB
Name:  3.PNG
Views: 5448
Size:  678.4 KB
Name:  4.PNG
Views: 5440
Size:  669.2 KB
Name:  5.PNG
Views: 5348
Size:  625.8 KB
Name:  6.PNG
Views: 5414
Size:  792.9 KB

Source: autokopen.nl

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2015 at 11:17. Reason: Please ALWAYS include a source link when taking info or images from other sites.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Opinion differs, i just loved the silver one

I have stopped thinking about silver as a colour choice ever since my WagonR days - which came in silky silver colour. Used to look nice even if it's a bit old and dirty, but looks just nice even after a lot of detailing effort. No amount of wax or polish, or lighting conditions can make it look outstanding. If I want a subtle look- it's white over silver anyday.

The red on the other hand will look outstanding under broad daylight, and provided its maintained properly- should look nice at night.

PS- Blame KarthikK and his red Punto (which used to be a regular at 3M) for my fascination with red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The stunning Red Baleno . More pics inside-out!
Ah! Nice alloys finally from Suzuki. Hope we get the same in India.

But my fears about the center console has come true. Blue dials, red-blue-yellow-green smart play console, and red buttons on the center console! Not going to be graceful at night for sure.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th September 2015 at 15:46.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:48   #65
BHPian

The headlight seems to be a bit odd in design. Have they tried to give an effect of the bumper lines running across the headlights? It could have merged with the top of the headlight for a clear design.
Do they still have to use the similar Swift style headlamps, to give a family look?
It will not be one of the usual neutral design of Suzuki, because from the moment I saw it, I hate it!
The flashy red colour does some good work of hiding the lines.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I have stopped thinking about silver as a colour choice ever since my WagonR days - which came in silky silver colour. Used to look nice even if it's a bit old and dirty, but looks just nice even after a lot of detailing effort. No amount of wax or polish, or lighting conditions can make it look outstanding. If I want a subtle look- it's white over silver anyday.
I agree. When new, red looks very hot & sexy Problem is if you can't maintain it properly, the red color gets dull and all shine goes away. Specially when car is not under covered parking all the time and parked in open space for months. I don't have covered parking, so i know the issue. In contrast silver color looks more or less same over the years, that's the beauty of that color. Also maintenance is also less for silver. So as I said earlier only, opinion differs !!

I am sure in white also this car will look very good. They should go for white like VW have and not like typical Maruti white. It will surely look awesome.

Last edited by aniketi : 15th September 2015 at 15:53.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Baleno in Blue, similar to the S cross color! Baleno looks best in its side profile.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-3.png

Source: autorevue.cz

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2015 at 11:18. Reason: Please ALWAYS include a source link when taking info or images from other sites.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:33   #68
BHPian

Again what a huge difference these projector headlamps are making to the overall appearance of the vehicle!

the one rolling out of Maruti factory looks dull whereas the images above make it look more sharp and agile.
Old 15th September 2015, 16:34   #69
BHPian

The side profile looks smashing ! Beautiful stance, nice alloys and color too !
Old 15th September 2015, 16:35   #70
BHPian

The red one looks amazing to me, especially with those those alloys, However I doubt these will make it to the production version here in india. The car looks quite spacious on the inside too. Being a suzuki its bound to handle well too and have a half decent steering as well. I 20 sales are definitely gonna suffer.

Last edited by noo.b : 15th September 2015 at 16:37.
Old 15th September 2015, 17:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to launch the All New Baleno on 26th October. Will be retailed through its Nexa outlets - Marketed as a Premium Hatchback.

The diesel Baleno is likely to come to India with the newly launched SHVS fuel-saving technology as standard. Expect a very aggressive pricing as seen in the Ciaz SHVS varaint.

Quote:
In India, the familiar 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.3-litre diesel in 89bhp DDis 200 guise will be launched first, and the Boosterjet-equipped model will follow later. The 1.2-litre petrol model will also come with an option of a CVT gearbox for the first time. The diesel Baleno is likely to come to India with the newly launched SHVS fuel-saving technology as standard.
Quote:
At the centre of the instrument panel is an LCD screen. The infotainment system will be equipped with Apple CarPlay as well - A first for any car in India.There's a separate circular digital display for the HVAC controls
Quote:
Higher-spec variants of the Baleno will get daytime running lamps and LED taillamps– a first from Maruti for India
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-397495.aspx/2

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 17:14.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 17:20   #72
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki to launch the All New Baleno on 26th October. Will be retailed through its Nexa outlets - Marketed as a Premium Hatchback.
Well the new Baleno is almost here, so MSIL wants to fill up the Nexa showrooms quickly

Hope they take a leaf out of Kwid and provide some customization options, atleast those alloys and headlamps.
Old 15th September 2015, 17:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the cost of setup for the extended Nexa outlets, I hope they don't add to the overhead. Considering that the Baleno looks so promising, now I am in a bit of a dilemma. To wait or not. My primary look out was a potent automatic.

A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation got me the following (in Lakhs, ex-Navi Mumbai);

Swift Top-end: 6.4
(add) Auto transmission: 0.80
(add) Premium over baby brother: 1.25

Projected Baleno (top-end) Auto: 8.5. That's already pushing further than the Jazz V-CVT, and trounces the proposed Ford Figo AT. Please send me to an Utopian world and convince me otherwise.
Old 15th September 2015, 17:35   #74
BHPian

Difference in prices of top end diesel variants of swift and i20 or polo is around 1.50 lacs. If suzuki plans to undercut the other premium hatchbacks, we can assume pricing of around a lakh higher to swift. If they want to make a statement, they may even price it alongside to i20 or polo.

Either way, it would be interesting to see how they would justify the premium over swift with same engines, same headlights, albeit in a bit more spacious and sleek avatar. They may load it to grills with auto headlights, auto wipers, rear camera and what not to justify the premium price; would be further good if the build quality is in the league of s-cross.

At the cost of repeating myself, that side profile, rear three quarters and overall stance of the car look simply superb (especially in that blue colour). Could not get my head over with that head lights though
Old 15th September 2015, 17:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Considering the cost of setup for the extended Nexa outlets, I hope they don't add to the overhead. Considering that the Baleno looks so promising, now I am in a bit of a dilemma. To wait or not. My primary look out was a potent automatic.

A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation got me the following (in Lakhs, ex-Navi Mumbai);

Swift Top-end: 6.4
(add) Auto transmission: 0.80
(add) Premium over baby brother: 1.25

Projected Baleno (top-end) Auto: 8.5. That's already pushing further than the Jazz V-CVT, and trounces the proposed Ford Figo AT. Please send me to an Utopian world and convince me otherwise.

I would rather compare the Baleno with the Dzire than the Swift, since both cars are of the same length. In Chennai, the Zxi's ex showroom is 6.9 lacs. I expect the Baleno to command a 75k premium over the Dzire, and for the automatic, add another 60k. I expect a price of 8.25 lacs for the automatic variant, which would slightly cut above the Jazz V a/t, but since the Zxi has more features than the Jazz V, I think this pricing should be okay. And if the turbo petrol automatic is offered at this price, nothing like it.
Closed Thread