Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2015, 18:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Considering the cost of setup for the extended Nexa outlets,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi@8689 View Post
Difference in prices of top end diesel variants of swift and i20 or polo is around 1.50 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I would rather compare the Baleno with the Dzire than the Swift, since both cars are of the same length. In Chennai, the Zxi's ex showroom is 6.9 lacs.
Expect the top variant to be 9.9 lakhs (ex showroom) pan India.:

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5325
Size:  122.3 KB

Name:  Cape.PNG
Views: 5268
Size:  220.1 KB

All new Platform

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 19:27.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:22   #77
Lij
BHPian

Default re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Projected Baleno (top-end) Auto: 8.5. That's already pushing further than the Jazz V-CVT, and trounces the proposed Ford Figo AT. Please send me to an Utopian world and convince me otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi@8689 View Post
If they want to make a statement, they may even price it alongside to i20 or polo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I would rather compare the Baleno with the Dzire than the Swift, since both cars are of the same length.
Interesting to note that IAB reports the Baleno will be a new segment (premium C segment hatchbacks) in India.

Quote:
It will establish the premium C-segment hatchback in India, which currently has no products from other manufacturers. In European markets, the Suzuki Baleno will rival products like the VW Golf, Kia cee’d, Hyundai i30 and Peugeot 308.
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/m...ober-26-192360
Old 15th September 2015, 20:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Interesting to note that IAB reports the Baleno will be a new segment (premium C segment hatchbacks) in India.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/m...ober-26-192360
At less than 4m, isn't the Baleno at least half a size smaller than VW Golf, Kia Ceed etc? I think the S-Cross compares better with Golf and co size-wise.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:13   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Again what a huge difference these projector headlamps are making to the overall appearance of the vehicle!

the one rolling out of Maruti factory looks dull whereas the images above make it look more sharp and agile.
Yes +1 to the projector lights making a huge difference to the looks . And this is what I was mentioning in my previous post #36 (Refer below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I am not sure if anyone has done it or can it be done. My imagination is that, if possible, colour/paint the huge silver reflector in the headlight with body color. This will blend nice with the bonnet and will not give the SWIFTish looks. And It may even enhance the stance from front.

Maybe someone good at photoshop can try doing that and post a pic here
Old 15th September 2015, 21:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is the name confirmed for Maruti Suzuki's Premium hatchback in India too.

Name:  sv.PNG
Views: 5069
Size:  8.7 KB

Made In India - stamp - For the world to see!

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 4930
Size:  405.3 KB

other random pics- Autocar/SVP
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4918
Size:  403.9 KB
Name:  Caure.PNG
Views: 4908
Size:  439.9 KB
Name:  Cre.PNG
Views: 4888
Size:  510.7 KB
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-untitled.png
Name:  0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_News_balenz.jpg
Views: 6854
Size:  23.4 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 21:48.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 21:44   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The diesel Baleno is likely to come to India with the newly launched SHVS fuel-saving technology as standard. Expect a very aggressive pricing as seen in the Ciaz SHVS varaint.
Possible to achieve 30kmpl?

Ciaz is already returning 28! If they can somehow manage this magic figure- there is no looking back for Baleno this time around.
Old 15th September 2015, 22:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Ciaz is already returning 28! If they can somehow manage this magic figure- there is no looking back for Baleno this time around.
It's probably advertised to return 28 or probably returns 28 under ARAI test conditions. Let's go by what the real world scenario is rather than the advertised figure. So, don't think we can say that 'Ciaz is already returning 28!'

I for one is more interested on the structural integrity and safety aspect of the car. If Maruti can say that Baleno will return 20 but it's structurally sound then I would be most happy to hear that rather than Maruti saying that Baleno would return 30 and we then find it's structurally weak and gets a zero rating in NCAP!

Last edited by searacer932 : 15th September 2015 at 22:46.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 23:03   #83
BHPian

Looks better than the previous pics from the MS assembly line. But still has striking resemblance to Swift, especially the front profile and headlights. I still hope MS offers the 1.0 booster jet engine or the 1.6 DDis engine options in India which might be just wishful thinking.
Old 15th September 2015, 23:09   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
It's probably advertised to return 28 or probably returns 28 under ARAI test conditions. Let's go by what the real world scenario is rather than the advertised figure. So, don't think we can say that 'Ciaz is already returning 28!'
Ciaz Petrol is returning more than the quoted ARAI figures as per the only ownership review on the site. This is for petrol and hence I have not doubt the diesel can do that and more.

Coming to the structure of the car, I would rather be diligent of the choice I am taking rather than saving a few bucks and blaming the manufacturer for not giving me a sound car.

Polo is readily offered by VW for those wanting a safe car. Why not buy it if one is very specific on safety? And then there is Punto although its rating isn't out yet.
Old 15th September 2015, 23:22   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking it's understood that the post is about ARAI mileage and the resultant advertisement advantage MSIL would have?

Quote:
I for one is more interested on the structural integrity and safety aspect of the car. If Maruti can say that Baleno will return 20 but it's structurally sound then I would be most happy to hear that rather than Maruti saying that Baleno would return 30 and we then find it's structurally weak and gets a zero rating in NCAP!
No company is going to admit the facts about the structural integrity of their cars. We are all left the dark till a crash test facility is in place and made mandatory in India. Till then, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Frankly, I don't expect Baleno or any of its competition like the Indian versions of i20, Jazz etc to pass the crash tests. Would love to be proved wrong though!

That's a different topic anyways. With SVHS- Maruti is going to highlight a best in class FE figure, and the Indian market is going to sit up and take notice (unfortunately?).
Old 15th September 2015, 23:51   #86
BHPian

Suzuki's 'Liquid Flow' take on Hyundai's 'Fluidic' looks impresive. I hope they bring in some fresh colours especially that gorgeous blue. Fingers crossed to get the same interiors and engines in a better state of tune. And for ApplePlay, of course.
Old 16th September 2015, 00:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

The Baleno production version with those projectors and alloys looks absolutely smashing!! I am out of words here, so presenting a few videos, in which the Baleno is looking far more meaner and beautiful.

Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 16th September 2015 at 00:52.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 06:47   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Baleno looks great under the lights, especially that blue one. Please note, ours won't look this good. As noted earlier, this car definitely needs projectors which obviously won't be available in the lower variants. And add smaller wheels and the suspension on stilts, and this Baleno will look really ordinary. Hope Maruti doesn't go hyper with GC and this one gets the 16" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Maybe slightly lower than Ciaz. The sedan got low coefficient of drag which helps FE and I have a feeling the new Baleno could be heavier than the Ciaz. At least I hope that will be the case.

Considering its within 4 meters, there is a good chance we will see only the 1.2 L petrol and the 1.3 L Diesel. I hope we get a Turbo along with the K series engine! If they can couple that with a CVT and MT, who needs a Diesel?
Old 16th September 2015, 08:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And add smaller wheels and the suspension on stilts, and this Baleno will look really ordinary. Hope Maruti doesn't go hyper with GC and this one gets the 16" wheels.
Considering its within 4 meters, there is a good chance we will see only the 1.2 L petrol and the 1.3 L Diesel. I hope we get a Turbo along with the K series engine! If they can couple that with a CVT and MT, who needs a Diesel?
The boosterjet engine is speculated not at launch (for India), will have 15" and 16" wheel on variants.
With a CVT option the car will be a good challenger to the Honda Jazz, which, along with the Nissan Micra, also offers CVT. This will be Maruti's first CVT on offer.

Quote:
Contrary to speculation, the car will be called Baleno in India too
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-69f3b6cbaf0ea1f8854507a1eba7746f.jpg

Quote:
Built on the new generation platform, the Baleno gets a ground clearance of 170mm, 355-litres of luggage space, and a turning radius of 4.9m. The fuel tank will take 37-litres of fuel. The company will offer both, 15- and 16-inch wheels on the Baleno hatchback
Quote:
The Baleno will also sport Apple Car Play - a first for the Indian market, and a great USP to have, especially in this segment. Besides this, expect connectivity and interface options like steering mounted controls and climate control.
Quote:
Expect the car in the next few weeks, and our drive review by mid-October.
Name:  11910287_1201502809866183_624904371_n.jpg
Views: 4127
Size:  112.4 KB

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...-india-1217881

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th September 2015 at 08:24.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:38   #90
BHPian

Somehow i feel that the new premium hatchbacks being launched should score high on looks to make an impression !!! Jazz, Elite I20 , Ford Aspire Hatch do score quite well on looks..Somehow Suzuki YRA is missing that part especially the front view that reminds you of Swift !!!
Closed Thread