Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th November 2015, 11:03   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster Explore (limited edition) launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
I am in market for new vehicle. This vehicle will be primarily driven on rural roads and will be driven mostly by dad. Hence the requirements:
1. Safety features (ABS+Airbags at least)
2. High GC
3. Diesel
4. Easy clutch(Dad does not like AMT
5. Under 11L OTR
I was waiting for TUV300, took a TD of it and here’s the verdict:
For:
Safety features
Adequate GC
Good interiors
From Mahindra stable hence easy availability of parts
Against:
1. Engine lacks punch. 3 pot motor is just too basic. Not sure how it will hold up in longer run
2. Didn’t quite liked the looks (Subjective)
3. Wooden bench like rear seat
4. Limited boot space. Rear seat folds only on top model. I guess Mahindra folks think customers buying mid and lower variants do not need luggage space.
Yesterday took a thorough TD of Duster 85PS Explore Edition.
For:
1. I quite liked the high GC. Provides take me anywhere capability
2. Outstanding ride quality.
3. Reliable engine. Have seen folks having done 1L kms without any major issues
4. Huge boot. Fold the rear bench and you can carry a washing machine.
Against:
1. No safety features. 85PS Explore edition comes with single Airbag. 110PS has 1 Airbag and ABS+EBD
2. Interiors picked from medieval era
3. No storage space provided for rear seat occupants
IMHO Renault should have provided Airbags and ABS+EBD on 85PS as well. Attaching pic of the brochure (Apologies for poor quality).

Sales rep at Noida dealership had no idea about the launch of next generation Duster. Shall I wait for the new generation Duster or go for existing one (85PS Top variant or 110Explore Edition) in January 2016 when it's raining discounts (Last year discounts went up to 1.5Lacs). Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for bearing with this lengthy post.
p.s. It is my first post on the forum. Feels great to be here. Finally.
Mods: Please merge with appropriate thread if I’m posting at wrong place.
Did you check Scorpio ? the ride quality has improved in the new one, abuse friendly, better A$$ than renault, lots of space, safety features, one of the best diesel engines in India, S4+ comes with ABS + EBD, 2 Airbags and 4WD too

Last edited by 2500cc : 16th November 2015 at 11:05.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 17:44   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Did you check Scorpio ? the ride quality has improved in the new one, abuse friendly, better A$$ than renault, lots of space, safety features, one of the best diesel engines in India, S4+ comes with ABS + EBD, 2 Airbags and 4WD too
Ruled out Scorp because of it's size. As Dad will be driving the car, clutch needs to be softer and he wants a small vehicle. So I have to decide between TUV, Duster/Terrano and Ecosport.
On the other hand, I have my eyes set on Scorp S10 if I stay in India next year.
FOXBAT25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 18:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
Ruled out Scorp because of it's size. As Dad will be driving the car, clutch needs to be softer and he wants a small vehicle. So I have to decide between TUV, Duster/Terrano and Ecosport.
On the other hand, I have my eyes set on Scorp S10 if I stay in India next year.
I respect your opnion, however have dad to TD it once, despite its size its very nimble vehicle and can be thrown around as easily as any hatch around. Initially even I was worried about the size, but once I took the plunge, I dont feel the size as a concern. Within the safe speed limits (<100kmph) its a very well behaved beast and the clutch is as much softer than the Polo which I booked 2 days ago.

PS: I dont have any financial interest in Scorpio
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:10   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I respect your opnion, however have dad to TD it once, despite its size its very nimble vehicle and can be thrown around as easily as any hatch around. Initially even I was worried about the size, but once I took the plunge, I dont feel the size as a concern. Within the safe speed limits (<100kmph) its a very well behaved beast and the clutch is as much softer than the Polo which I booked 2 days ago.

PS: I dont have any financial interest in Scorpio
First of all, congratulation for Polo.
I have already planned a TD for it. Scorp is my dream vehicle. As I am planning to book it for myself, no point getting another one for Dad.
Have you penned ownership report of your Scorp? Also throw an insight how you decided on Polo.
FOXBAT25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:37   #50
BHPian

Too lazy to pen down the report mate, sorry!! .

Booking polo was pretty simple process, wanted car for parents, should offer nice ride quality, well built, classy interiors. Made my parents try figo, i10, swift and polo, they selected polo and hence booked it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3848240 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote