Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 11:16   #181
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congratulations for the Thar.It looks beautiful.All it needs is a pair of good off road bumpers,a pair of Hella 3003,a hard top,alloys and a hard top
How practical do you think the Thar would be for long drives (read 1000Km+)?
Thanks a lot Rakesh.

Those are the exact mods I intend to do.

Regarding the long drive practicality I can comment in two weeks. I will be doing a 1200 kms circuit. Jammu Amritsar Delhi Jammu. Will give a detailed report, I'll let you know once the ownership thread is up and running.
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:03   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 172
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Some early shots of my Thar.
Thanks for those images. The Jeep looks absolutely fabulous in black and echos the ethos and image of an all terrain drive. Keep us updated on the HT modifications, once you have narrowed down on a build...!
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:21   #183
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Thanks for those images. The Jeep looks absolutely fabulous in black and echos the ethos and image of an all terrain drive. Keep us updated on the HT modifications, once you have narrowed down on a build...!
Thank you. i will keep you posted via the ownership thread. The choices for the HT are between the following vendors -

- Mahindra Customization
- 4x4 Azaad
- Hyderabad HT

cheers

Kundan
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 15:43   #184
BHPian
 
maheep007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 115
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Thanks Tanmay !

Black funnily was my 3rd choice. i wanted the Rocky Beige but the waiting for that was 3 months, here in Jammu.

Since i didnt want to wait so long and had already sold my daily driver (Scorpio), i went for the black option.

Having already owned a black Scorpio, i didnt mind another Black vehicle

It took exactly 31 days from booking to delivery.

The dealers here in Jammu have ZERO accessories. i desperately want to change the front bumper since this one is very ugly.

The only additions from the aftermarket till now are -
- Sony Xplod 2 Din Head Unit
- 2 Pioneer V2 speakers ( these have killer sound)
- Wooden boxes for speakers
- Carpet & Mats

Next up is the front bumper, Hellas and alloys. These i'll get done in Delhi in about 10-12 days when im there next.

Cheers

Kundan
You know what, i too was under the impression bumpers look ugly, but change the stock rims to either alloys or black offset steel rims, and you'll be surprised suddenly how nice the Thar has started to look. These are better than the earlier stock bumpers, with the alloys installed, it looks quite decent, will update with my thar pictures soon.
maheep007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 15:59   #185
BHPian
 
maheep007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 115
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Here you go, some pictures of my Thar
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151021_113833.jpg  

2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151021_113841.jpg  

2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151022_174743.jpg  

2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151031_132438.jpg  

2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151109_104429.jpg  

2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-img_20151109_104435.jpg  

maheep007 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 16:09   #186
BHPian
 
maheep007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 115
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Thank you. i will keep you posted via the ownership thread. The choices for the HT are between the following vendors -

- Mahindra Customization
- 4x4 Azaad
- Hyderabad HT

cheers

Kundan
You can try Bimbra too, hes good too. So far i only opted for offset steel rims and tires (same company size 235 70) but these are AT tires and more soft ride than stock bridgestones. Added a tow hook, and a Pioneer double din, thats it. Satisfied so far with the look plus creature comforts. Next year probably when i'm tired of this look, might get offroad bumpers.
maheep007 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 16:25   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 172
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Here you go, some pictures of my Thar
Gosh, those tires sure look wicked. Totally changes the look of the Thar. Looks more balanced and intriguing at the same time. Of course the Thar is a public-neck-craner, now you will probably get gawks/stares.

Oh, by the way: thanks for those nice images. Love them.
asingh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 16:26   #188
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Here you go, some pictures of my Thar
Maheep , your Thar looks amazing ! The rocky beige is undoubtedly the best color for the Thar.

I am planning to stick with the stock tyres but change the rims. Still undecided between Silver or Black Rims.

Almost got the same Head Unit as yours but then went in for the Sony instead.

Personally not a fan of Bimbra's work, makes the Thar look too boxy

Will be crossing Ludhiana on my way to Delhi next, we should catch up and compare the two Thars & exchange notes.

Congratulations !
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 16:34   #189
BHPian
 
maheep007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 115
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Maheep , your Thar looks amazing ! The rocky beige is undoubtedly the best color for the Thar.

I am planning to stick with the stock tyres but change the rims. Still undecided between Silver or Black Rims.

Almost got the same Head Unit as yours but then went in for the Sony instead.

Personally not a fan of Bimbra's work, makes the Thar look too boxy

Will be crossing Ludhiana on my way to Delhi next, we should catch up and compare the two Thars & exchange notes.

Congratulations !
Looking forward bro
Stock tires are good but ride is bumpy, go try a feel of the softer tires once you go to change your rims, makes a world of difference. Retain the tire size, but get some soft rubber tire and in AT and you yourself will fell the heaven in ride quality.

Or you can just keep the stock tires and maintain the tire pressure to 28-30

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st November 2015 at 10:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
maheep007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 19:07   #190
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Looking forward bro
Stock tires are good but ride is bumpy, go try a feel of the softer tires once you go to change your rims, makes a world of difference. Retain the tire size, but get some soft rubber tire and in AT and you yourself will fell the heaven in ride quality.
I'll try AT tyres out when I'm in Delhi next . Could you send me details of your tyres (the brand, cost etc). Thanks !


Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Or you can just keep the stock tires and maintain the tire pressure to 28-30
im currently at 32 PSI, ill reduce it tomorrow and give it a shot. Cheers !
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 10:30   #191
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
I am currently at 32psi, I will reduce it tomorrow and give it a shot. Cheers !
Dear Ksingh544 - no, don't reduce. The sidewall will flex more, you will lose out on handling in a big way. Instead, go to 33psi for one month, then go to 34psi for one month, then come back to 32psi for one month and you will get your own best reading from the handling, general cornering, single lane change, double lane change, steering-crispness response / lag-index and ride comfort point of view. ENJOY! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 10:53   #192
BHPian
 
Equus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 871
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Yet another Mahindra turning ugly under the guise of "uplifts".......
When would the saga end?
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 11:11   #193
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ksingh544 - no, don't reduce. The sidewall will flex more, you will lose out on handling in a big way. Instead, go to 33psi for one month, then go to 34psi for one month, then come back to 32psi for one month and you will get your own best reading from the handling, general cornering, single lane change, double lane change, steering-crispness response / lag-index and ride comfort point of view. ENJOY! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks BD sir I'll try this out. 7 years with my Scorpio I always kept 32 and it served me well.
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 11:44   #194
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Thanks BD sir I'll try this out. 7 years with my Scorpio I always kept 32 and it served me well.
Dear Ksingh544 - ! thanks! Try this, you will be amazed at the result, but you must do it yourself, very quietly, very patiently, keep your findings to yourself, compare them, go back if required and try again, every time you will need at least one month, finally the correct tire pressure for you, your vehicle and your driving style will suddenly hit you. Then, ENJOY!

(I have been quietly doing such "dhatings" () for many years now, from the Standard 10 with 5.60*13 to the Padmini with 5.20*14 and 5.60*13 to the 800 with 4.50*12, 5.65*12 and 145/70R12, to the Alto with 155/80R12 to the first generation Honda City with 175/70R13, now moving on to 175/60R15 on the same car, I am looking for 15" 5.5J 45mm offset 56mm spigot diameter Honda OE rims! I just found out for my Tata Bolt XT after 5 months! Like this, I'll tell you 35 other things which you can do, very quietly). All in good time, I guess!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 13:00   #195
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: 2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ksingh544 - ! thanks! Try this, you will be amazed at the result, but you must do it yourself, very quietly, very patiently, keep your findings to yourself, compare them, go back if required and try again, every time you will need at least one month, finally the correct tire pressure for you, your vehicle and your driving style will suddenly hit you. Then, ENJOY!

(I have been quietly doing such "dhatings" () for many years now, from the Standard 10 with 5.60*13 to the Padmini with 5.20*14 and 5.60*13 to the 800 with 4.50*12, 5.65*12 and 145/70R12, to the Alto with 155/80R12 to the first generation Honda City with 175/70R13, now moving on to 175/60R15 on the same car, I am looking for 15" 5.5J 45mm offset 56mm spigot diameter Honda OE rims! I just found out for my Tata Bolt XT after 5 months! Like this, I'll tell you 35 other things which you can do, very quietly). All in good time, I guess!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks for the insights or "dhatings" (great word btw). i shall be trying them out to.

As per your advice on most discussions regarding the Thar i am stick to the stock tyres. But i do want to change the rims for pure aesthetic reasons. What size rim would you recommend.

My driving is within Jammu, Delhi city and about 600-1000 kms on the highways each month.

Keeping this type of usage what would you recommend.

thanks

Kundan

Last edited by Ksingh544 : 21st November 2015 at 13:01. Reason: type o
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 588 10th October 2017 10:42
2015 Hyundai Elantra Facelift : A Close Look S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 38 9th October 2017 07:02
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look Aditya The Indian Car Scene 595 4th October 2017 21:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks