Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd June 2016, 01:42   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
This is really surprising

Of so many of us here - none has brought the style plus diesel variant home?!?!?

Looks like I will have to take the leap of faith!!
Have you taken the leap of faith? :P
I've heard that the ride isn't that sorted, but how bad is it compared to a Multi Link setup?
nishithrao95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 06:17   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Have you taken the leap of faith? :P

I've heard that the ride isn't that sorted, but how bad is it compared to a Multi Link setup?

Well almost.

By the time I took the leap the car at the dealership was sold. Booked one and should be available by the weekend. Will pick it up next week. Anyone in Pune who can help with the PDI?

Though in the meantime the confidence on buying a Skoda again has shaken up quiet a bit. My Laura's air conditioning has gone for a toss again and the dealership has detected a faulty compressor. This is the second time this has gone kaput in past six years. Last time it was changed under goodwill warranty and this time the dealership has given a repair estimate of 1.25 lacs!!

The same dealership had given the cars valuation at 3.5 lacs (before the compressor developed a problem). I do not understand how does a car's compressor goes bad so easily. Of all the cars we've owned in the past 30 odd years - this is the only one which has had problems with the compressor.

This time after keeping the car with them for over 12 days - I sent it to a local repair guy who identified the problem with an electronic switch which comes with the compressor. Hopefully will get the price estimate of the same today. According to him all should be sorted under 20k. Fingers crossed!!
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 11:00   #213
BHPian

Has anyone tried the vcds vag com cable on the new Octavia?
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 19:26   #214
BHPian

Is it possible to install navigation for 1.8 Tsi style plus. I know I can connect through android, but what about people who have iPhone.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 20:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Has anyone tried the vcds vag com cable on the new Octavia?
Samyak, just check briskoda which is full of adaptations for the Octavia III. :-)

They should all work for our cars.
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 20:20   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Is it possible to install navigation for 1.8 Tsi style plus. I know I can connect through android, but what about people who have iPhone.
Sygic? Paid of course!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 14:42   #217
BHPian

Hi guys, Owns a Rapid now, Planning to upgrade to Octavia Ambient Plus TDI DSG. Please comment and suggest if there is anything which i need to know before buying. Will there be a facelift or something soon ? Where as in international there is a facelift up coming.
webblescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 02:46   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi guys, Owns a Rapid now, Planning to upgrade to Octavia Ambient Plus TDI DSG. Please comment and suggest if there is anything which i need to know before buying. Will there be a facelift or something soon ? Where as in international there is a facelift up coming.
It's Skoda - there is going to be something new every year!

From what I've read - there is an exciting vRS in the making, the Facelift of course, and even a black edition on the anvil which sounds like a tamed down vRS.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote