Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd November 2015, 18:47   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Honda recalls 2.2 lakh cars (CR-V, Civic, City, Jazz) in India over faulty airbags

I was in Goa last Diwali weekend when I had to call up local HASS for some issue that cropped up during my drive from Mumbai to Goa. Though they couldn't pinpoint and resolve the issue for which the car was sent to them, they DID change airbags without even me asking them to do so. It was told to me by the SA when he called up to inform that the car was being sent back to me. Got a work order copy to this effect as well.

Was surprised since I had registered at Linkway Honda, Mumbai for this recall update. Both airbags were listed for update when I checked on their website.
1lokesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 15:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda recalls 2.2 lakh cars (CR-V, Civic, City, Jazz) in India over faulty airbags

Though I registered in Honda portal for the faulty Airbag actuator issue & named Magnum Honda for the service centre, till date nobody from ASC has called me to get the airbag actuators replaced.
I had been there(Magnum) twice & called once , every time it's the same story 'SIR, PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE'
I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 09:20   #108
BHPian

I learnt about this recall just last weekend when I approached Whitefield Honda for regular car service. The good part is, Honda accepted the fault and announced the recall and the Airbags were replaced free of cost at dealership. The bad part is, Honda did not communicate to me, one SMS or quick call would have helped.
sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 18:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

My Civic's air both air bags were replaced during service. They did not give back the old parts. The HASS advisor said they would have replaced the parts by default. I guess it's not necessary for the customer to instruct them to do so.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 09:30   #110
BHPian

Got my 2010 City serviced 10 days back at Crystal Honda. I asked about the recall part changes at the time of leaving my car. The SA told me they are anyway replacing parts for any car that comes in for servicing and is eligible for replacement.

They did the job as part of the servicing itself. I am not sure if they are calling up customers explicitly to get the inflator replaced.
nug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 16:37   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Though I registered in Honda portal for the faulty Airbag actuator issue & named Magnum Honda for the service centre, till date nobody from ASC has called me to get the airbag actuators replaced.
I had been there(Magnum) twice & called once , every time it's the same story 'SIR, PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE'
I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive
I had also registered in the Honda portal a month back. The dealer called me last week that the part has arrived and I got the job done along with my regular oil service.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 14:03   #112
BHPian

No one bothered to call me too, inspite of booking the dealer preference online. Finally, sent my car for a service to Arya Honda, Mumbai and insisted on getting the Airbag changed as it was in the affected series. They checked and did replace the 'inflator kit' as per final invoice ( replacement was free, ofcourse). I doubt they would have proactively replaced it, going by the number of times I had to tell every person who called at various stages during the service.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 14:27   #113
BHPian

Had been to Whitefield Honda for a routine service of my Honda City 2011 and they proactively replaced the air bag kit. Apparently they cannot close the job card unless they complete this replacement, that is what I was told.

The replacement was free, and it took roughly 15 minutes for the whole process.
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 21:42   #114

I live in Chennai and my 2011 Honda City is always serviced at Sundaram Honda. I too registered on the Honda website for the airbag inflator replacement and the website confirmed that my driver side airbag inflator needs replacement. However, due to the recent floods, I was not able to give my car for service at Sundaram Honda Chennai. On a recent trip to Vijayawada in early December, I gave my car for service at Sundaram Honda Vijayawada. I never told them about the airbag inflator replacement. However, at the time of delivery, the SA told me that the inflator was replaced. I was pleasantly surprised😀. The SA told me that the Honda service management system does not allow them to close the job card, unless the job pertaining to a recall is completed, irrespective of the location of the service centre. Kudos to Honda for their commitment to get the recall job done.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 23:34   #115
BHPian

Also, the HASS must be making a tidy sum of money from Honda for each of these replacements, so I suppose they have every incentive to be proactive about it, if they have the part available.
coolvenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 14:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Had been to Whitefield Honda for a routine service of my Honda City 2011 and they proactively replaced the air bag kit. Apparently they cannot close the job card unless they complete this replacement, that is what I was told.

The replacement was free, and it took roughly 15 minutes for the whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Also, the HASS must be making a tidy sum of money from Honda for each of these replacements, so I suppose they have every incentive to be proactive about it, if they have the part available.
I am not sure how the logistics work, but I suppose, Honda must have provided parts to each service centre FOC and the service centre must be charging a pre-agreed labor cost.

As for someone like me, who gets my car serviced from a non-honda service centre, I had to send my car under the guise of a routine service, just to get the inflator kit replaced. Ended up spending around 5000 odd for oil change service. When they had a system in place to call up honda owners, they failed doing so in my case atleast.

Was anyone called after signing up online?

As for my Yamaha Ray, the dealer called me to get my handlebar replaced as per their recall a few years ago.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 20:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Was anyone called after signing up online?
Not sure about others, but I did not get a call yet. I registered online as soon as I saw this thread in Sep 2015! They are doing a lousy job on the recalls. Shows how much they care for customer's life.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 17:23   #118
kat
BHPian

Seems more cars added to the list. My 2012 Honda Jazz is also a part of the recall.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...a_5564321.html
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 08:23   #119
BHPian

Honda to recall 57,676 units of City, Jazz, Civic in India
Japanese carmaker Honda today announced the recall of 57,676 units of its three models - City, Jazz and Civic in India manufactured between January 2012 and June 2013 to replace faulty airbags as part of its global exercise.
The company’s Indian arm, Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) said it will voluntarily replace driver side airbag inflators of 57,676 vehicles of previous generation of City, Jazz and Civic as part of the firm’s preventive global recall campaign concerning air bag inflators.

The recall will affect 49,572 units of City sedan made between January 2012 and June 2013 and 7,504 units of premium hatchback Jazz produced during February 2012 to February 2013, HCIL said in a statement.

It also said 600 units of Civic sedan manufactured between January 2012 and August 2012 are also covered under the recall.

“The replacement would be carried out free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India in a phased manner, starting from February 20, 2016, and the company will communicate with customers directly,” it said.

In September, HCIL had announced to recall around 2.24 lakh units of its premium sports utility vehicles – CR-V, sedans Civic, City and hatchback Jazz, manufactured between 2003 and 2012 to replace faulty airbag inflators in which was the largest such exercise in the country then.

Later in December, the company announced recall 90,210 units of its sedan City and multi-purpose vehicle Mobilio in India manufactured between December 2013 and July 2015 to replace faulty fuel return pipe.
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle8257755.ece

Last edited by virgopal : 20th February 2016 at 08:27. Reason: correction
virgopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 09:43   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
[b]Honda to recall 57,676 units of City, Jazz, Civic in India...7755.ece[/url]
You can check if your car needs to undergo a product update on this page:

https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/6ZV...erInquiry.aspx

Our August 2012 Jazz needs one according to this page.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote