Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd October 2015, 13:19   #136

Just sitting in the showroom and getting ready to take delivery of Ecosport. The prices of accessories are too exorbitant.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-1445500114620.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd October 2015 at 13:44. Reason: Rotating image and uploading.
amritpal2489 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 10:36   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Hi,

Does anyone know if there were any mechanical updates done to get the 100 PS from the tdci? Or is it just a different map?

Thanks.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:09   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Does anyone know if there were any mechanical updates done to get the 100 PS from the tdci? Or is it just a different map?
Someone on the Aspire thread had mentioned that on a visit to the Ford plant, he had seen a listing of the parts that were changed in the 100ps version of the engine (compared to the earlier 90ps) - and they were all turbocharger-related components. While it is still an FGT, it has released more drivable and usable power.

I'm sure that there's been a corresponding tuning of the ECU, but I presume that would be to supplement the mechanical changes; and not a stand-alone state of tune that we can apply onto the older TDCi.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 12:07   #139
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Just sitting in the showroom and getting ready to take delivery of Ecosport. The prices of accessories are too exorbitant.
Congrats:

Are you aware of what the signature headlamp kit comprises? Di you happen to check?
Old 26th October 2015, 13:03   #140
BHPian

Finally got my hands on the Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium last saturday. Would appreciate some feedback on the following i.e.
a) Max FE when rpm is less than 2000.
b) Need to accelerate only 30 s after idling.
c) Need to switch only 30s after idling.
d) Clutch needs to be pressed prior to starting. Also sometimes i noticed that even after the clutch is engaged, the key gets locked and the engine is unable to start. On redoing the step, it starts.

This is something which is new to me. I have never experienced this on my old Wagon R. Probably it is do with the fact that this is a diesel engine.
Old 26th October 2015, 14:35   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Finally got my hands on the Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium last Saturday.
Congratulations on your EcoSport!

Quote:
a) Max FE when rpm is less than 2000.
I'm not too sure about it for the diesel, I don't remember. However, use the instantaneous mileage indicator (the horizontal bar that moves between 0-15-30 km/L at the top of the MID) to fine tune your driving style to extract the best mileage. On my EcoBoost (which is also turbocharged), it taught me to delay gear changes, as I was upshifting too early and worsening my mileage.

Quote:
b) Need to accelerate only 30 s after idling.
c) Need to switch only 30s after idling.
The owner's manual itself does not ask you to perform any idling during both start up and switching off, but only to wait until the engine reaches its idle RPM before turning it off. It only cautions you against switching off the engine when running at speed, since the drop in oil pressure can harm the turbo's bearings.

However, many people (myself included) perform idling as a precautionary measure.

Quote:
d) Clutch needs to be pressed prior to starting. Also sometimes i noticed that even after the clutch is engaged, the key gets locked and the engine is unable to start. On redoing the step, it starts.
Pressing the clutch is said to be a safety feature to prevent people from accidentally causing the vehicle to jump by cranking it in gear (and causing harm to the starter motor, etc.).

If your vehicle stalls, you need to turn the ignition switch back towards either ACC or OFF before attempting to crank it again (and yes, press the clutch!). This is said to be a quirk of Fords.

You can download your EcoSport owner's manual here: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...1519A321CF.pdf
Also, sign up at https://www.india.ford.com/owner for Sync updates, FSA notifications (i.e. recalls), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Are you aware of what the signature headlamp kit comprises? Di you happen to check?
The facelifted EcoSport comes with 'Head Lamps with Signature Lightguide' as a standard company fitment on the Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+ variants. Owners of the Ambiente and Trend variants don't get this as a standard fitment, so they can fit the Signature Headlamps accessory.

This was available as an accessory for all variants of the pre-facelift EcoSport. Note that the 'Lightguide' referred to there looks like a DRL but is not (i.e. it does not come on/off automatically when the engine starts/stops). It is wired to the parking lamp, so the headlight knob needs to be turned to the parking lights position for the Lightguide to turn on.
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-signature.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th October 2015 at 14:50. Reason: Response to ACM
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:18   #142
BHPian

Question Which Petrol Engine better suited for Hilly Terrain?

A friend is looking to replace his 5yr old Ford Classic 1.6 Petrol with the all new EcoSport.

His average run is between 500~1000 kms per month, hence the preference for a petrol variant.

But he’s confused between the 1.0L Ecoboost and the 1.5L VCT Petrol. On paper, the ecoboost seems superior both in terms of max Torque as well as max Bhp. However, in real world, which of these has better driveability in hilly terrain on well paved roads?

He says his Classic 1.6 Petrol was very strong at climbing inclines with full load, even in start stop traffic and doesn’t want to miss this in his new car.

He is ready to settle for the Trend+ variant and loose some of the features from the Titanium variant if the Ecoboost is more suited for his usage pattern.

Name:  ecosport.jpg
Views: 2737
Size:  180.9 KB

Please suggest?

Would request inputs / feedback from people who have driven both engine options.

Last edited by vikash49 : 26th October 2015 at 19:20.
Old 26th October 2015, 19:27   #143
BHPian

Can anyone give their two cents on the drivability, engine response, etc factors in the new ecosport as compared to old one in diesel trims.
I am in a market for a crossover/Suv and was considering options ranging from ecosport, scross, duster and xuv5oo.
With the 10ps increase in power and torque range increasing, the new ecosport makes a good proposition and on paper it beats scross 1.3 and the duster 85ps, ON PAPER atleast. So if anyone who has test-driven the new ecosport diesel share their opinion, it would be very helpful.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:27   #144
BHPian

Booked my new Ecosport 1.5 (D) Titanium today. Must say, really impressed by the facelifted model and the newly tuned engine. A screamer.
Old 26th October 2015, 23:29   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
A friend is looking to replace his 5yr old Ford Classic 1.6 Petrol with the all new EcoSport.

But he's confused between the 1.0L Ecoboost and the 1.5L VCT Petrol. On paper, the ecoboost seems superior both in terms of max Torque as well as max Bhp. However, in real world, which of these has better driveability in hilly terrain on well paved roads?

He says his Classic 1.6 Petrol was very strong at climbing inclines with full load, even in start stop traffic and doesn't want to miss this in his new car.
First of all, neither of these motors are as explosive as the 1.6 Duratec in your friend's current car. If he even loves driving to a very little extent, he would miss the 1.6. It is a completely different beast altogether.

Regarding driveability, the Ecoboost has a fair bit of lag before 1500RPM, before the turbo gets down to work. When it comes to the fun factor, it is much better than the 1.5, just falling short of the legendary 1.6; in spite of boasting power figures which are much superior. The 1.5 might appear to be more drivable to him, as he is used to the low down poke of the 1.6. Ask him to take a proper, back to back test drive of the two and then drive his Fiesta Classic on the same route. That would easily let him know what he wants.

Just back from a trip to a nearby hill station and must say that the car performed extremely well. Your friend is indeed right.

Lastly, as an enthusiast, I would like to recommend him to keep the Fiesta. Trust me when I say that its a jewel of an engine. Ford won't manufacture this engine here anymore. 5 years is nothing, just look at how well BHPian vnabhi's Red Injun which turned 8 years old is performing. I am not asking your friend to drop his new car plan, just suggesting to keep the old Ford as well.

Happy shopping to him and do keep us updated!

Regards,
A Classic 1.6 Owner

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 26th October 2015 at 23:32.
Old 27th October 2015, 00:28   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Booked my new Ecosport 1.5 (D) Titanium today. Must say, really impressed by the facelifted model and the newly tuned engine. A screamer.

Can you please share more insights on the "newly tuned engine". I have had chance to drive the old diesel (91ps) engine for a short distance and I would say it is good to drive with a fair amount of initial lag and good mid range but there was nothing out of the world for me. So comparing with the old one what are your views on the newly tuned version. The reason for asking is because I'm getting titanium (o) 91ps at almost the same price as titanium 100ps.
Old 27th October 2015, 11:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, a couple of Brazilian Ecosports have been imported for R&D purposes in the last few weeks. Whats cooking? Is this a more substantially facelifted car?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-ecosport.jpg  

avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 11:38   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Meanwhile, a couple of Brazilian Ecosports have been imported for R&D purposes in the last few weeks. Whats cooking? Is this a more substantially facelifted car?
Good spot.

The first 2 VINs decode to Jan 2015 diesel EcoSports, and seem to be similar to what we already have here. Both of them state they have "With Conventional Headlamp Control" so it does seem to be a pre-facelift model. They have been manufactured in India (due to the MAJ VIN), so its amusing to see them being re-imported.

On the other hand, the 3rd VIN is interesting - it decodes to a B515 model (model number for EcoSport) built in Nov 2014 at Camacari, Brazil. It also shows up as a 1.6L petrol engine, despite the import data stating its a diesel. I can only wonder as to what they're doing with this one!
Name:  BrazilES.gif
Views: 2236
Size:  69.5 KB

Last edited by arunphilip : 27th October 2015 at 11:39.
Old 27th October 2015, 11:59   #149

I recently booked a 1.5P Trend variant in Delhi, since there are no changes at all in the trend variant for the 1.5, I suspect not getting a good deal on the old stock by the dealer.
This is what I am getting - 1.5P White (deal is only available on white) for 8.42 on road + rear parking sensors + floor mats and mud flaps.
Car is a September manufactured unit, and already at the stockyard available for instant delivery. Should I go for it or not?
Also I see very few people on the forum or anywhere else talking much about the 1.5P, is it any good in the city and more specifically how abysmal is the fuel economy? I am ok with anything from 10kmpl and above.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:04   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
The reason for asking is because I'm getting titanium (o) 91ps at almost the same price as titanium 100ps.
I felt the new one was fairly smooth and more responsive. The torque is really good and I personally found a noticeable different between the 91PS and the 100PS.
While the dealer originally quoted me an On Road price of 11.39 Lakhs, I negotiated and found out many inflations to bring it down to dot 11 lakhs.

Just be careful with yours as well.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread