Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th October 2015, 22:18   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1vine View Post
I recently booked a 1.5P Trend variant in Delhi, This is what I am getting - 1.5P White (deal is only available on white) for 8.42 on road + rear parking sensors + floor mats and mud flaps.
Car is a September manufactured unit, and already at the stockyard available for instant delivery. Should I go for it or not?
I don't know what the rates are in Delhi, but I would say push really hard. I don't think the 1.5P Trend is moving all that fast, so you should exploit your dealer's eagerness to offload this pre-facelift model. Are there accessories you like? Get him to throw those in. Ask for a discount on the 15" alloys. etc.
Quote:
Also I see very few people on the forum or anywhere else talking much about the 1.5P, is it any good in the city and more specifically how abysmal is the fuel economy? I am ok with anything from 10kmpl and above.
The 1.5P is the only naturally aspirated engine in the EcoSport, so it doesn't pack a punch while moving the EcoSport. However, my opinion is that this engine often gets overly criticized for being boring. Its perfectly fine once you get used to it. There are multiple ownership reports from people who have the automatic gearbox, and they've been reasonably happy with the engine (just don't expect any 0-100 records). The strengths of this engine are that it will offer good driveability in hilly areas, as you don't have to worry about rpm falling below the turbo zone. Like any car, once you get used to this engine's strengths and weaknesses, you'll be able to drive it effectively.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 22:19   #152
BHPian

Default Re: Which Petrol Engine better suited for Hilly Terrain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
He says his Classic 1.6 Petrol was very strong at climbing inclines with full load, even in start stop traffic and doesn’t want to miss this in his new car.

He is ready to settle for the Trend+ variant and loose some of the features from the Titanium variant if the Ecoboost is more suited for his usage pattern.

Please suggest?

Would request inputs / feedback from people who have driven both engine options.
I have not driven the Ecosport, but based on my TD of Fiesta I can tell you that the new 1.5 can deliver the performance of 1.6.
The popular automobile term is "TINA for Displacement". Unless you time the runs its hard to make out the difference between 1.5 and 1.6

Also check the weight difference between Fiesta and Ecosport.

The Ecoboost is one gem of an engine the torque comes in early and it will be very useful when going up inclines. Personally, I still feel 1L is a bit too small for a car of the size of Ecosport.

Ask him to take a test drive. That will make him an informed decision.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:46   #153
BHPian

I recently went to SC Ford in Mumbai to check out the EcoSport with a friend (a fellow Bhpian). We were looking at the EcoBoost variant. The TD vehicle was the pre-facelift version however diesel test drive vehicle was the facelifted one.

When we sat down for negotiations, the SA mentioned that the new car will not be here till February and he can't commit a date. They has two old cars (August make as per him) in stock and the discount he offered on them was very little. Just Rs. 17,000 off from the new price This was very surprising. He went on to say "Take this car sir or else this will also be gone. We are ourselves puzzled since we have very few old cars and new cars are not coming." Oh, and he proudly told us that a customer is paying Rs. 1.5 lakhs extra to get the car in early November after ending a call with him. As per him the Ford essential pack worth Rs. 30,000 is being fitted on every car and he will give us the option of not opting for it. And this apparently is the biggest Ford dealer in Mumbai. Scumbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Right now, he's just trying to shove off old stock, and trying to retain his margins at the same time. Call his bluff, walk away from them. Once Maruti launch their EcoSport competitor in the coming months, you can expect better behaviour (and possibly better discounts too!).
Exactly. We did walk away. Asked my friend to look at other dealers or other cars.

Last edited by amansanc : 27th October 2015 at 22:58.
amansanc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 22:55   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
When we sat down for negotiations, the SA mentioned that the new car will not be here till February and he can't commit a date. They has two old cars (August make as per him) in stock and the discount he offered on them was very little.
Right now, he's just trying to shove off old stock, and trying to retain his margins at the same time. Call his bluff, walk away from them. Once Maruti launch their EcoSport competitor in the coming months, you can expect better behaviour (and possibly better discounts too!).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:15   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
While the dealer originally quoted me an On Road price of 11.39 Lakhs, I negotiated and found out many inflations to bring it down to dot 11 lakhs.

Just be careful with yours as well.
I presume that's for 1.5D Titanium and not Titanium+
Just checking because for me T+ is coming out to be roughly 11.8 on road with Gurgaon registration.
If you don't mind sharing, which dealer is it please?
Old 27th October 2015, 23:29   #156
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recently booked a 1.5P Trend variant in Delhi, since there are no changes at all in the trend variant for the 1.5, I suspect not getting a good deal on the old stock by the dealer.
This is what I am getting - 1.5P White (deal is only available on white) for 8.42 on road + rear parking sensors + floor mats and mud flaps.
Car is a September manufactured unit, and already at the stockyard available for instant delivery. Should I go for it or not?
Also I see very few people on the forum or anywhere else talking much about the 1.5P, is it any good in the city and more specifically how abysmal is the fuel economy? I am ok with anything from 10kmpl and above.
You should get 10kmpl normally and better if you drive with a light foot.

Power in manual is acceptable for most purposes not exciting like the ecoboost though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:41   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Can anyone give their two cents on the drivability, engine response, etc factors in the new ecosport as compared to old one in diesel trims.
Drove the old & new TDCi Titanium trims back to back last Saturday at the dealership while my vehicle was being washed. I found no noticeable difference in the power & ride quality, on both internal & highway roads. The only irritant was the swapping of the turn indicator & wiper levers; that takes some time getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
They has two old cars (August make as per him) in stock and the discount he offered on them was very little. Just Rs. 17,000 off from the new price
The dealer in Goa has only 2 variants left in stock: Ecoboost Non-O in White & 1.5P Trend in Mars Red. 1st year insurance complimentary on both (offer by Ford India) and 10k worth of accessories only on the Trend (dealership offer.) No freebies for the Ecoboost. So Trend is definitely not moving. Bargain hard!

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 28th October 2015 at 11:57.
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:24   #158

Quote:
Are there accessories you like? Get him to throw those in. Ask for a discount on the 15" alloys. etc.
Dealer is quoting a final price of 22k on the 15" alloys, however they say that it comes in a set of only 4. I thought Ecosport alloy kit from ford came for the spare wheel as well?

Quote:
The 1.5P is the only naturally aspirated engine in the EcoSport, so it doesn't pack a punch while moving the EcoSport. However, my opinion is that this engine often gets overly criticized for being boring. Its perfectly fine once you get used to it. There are multiple ownership reports from people who have the automatic gearbox, and they've been reasonably happy with the engine (just don't expect any 0-100 records). The strengths of this engine are that it will offer good driveability in hilly areas, as you don't have to worry about rpm falling below the turbo zone. Like any car, once you get used to this engine's strengths and weaknesses, you'll be able to drive it effectively.
Quote:
You should get 10kmpl normally and better if you drive with a light foot.

Power in manual is acceptable for most purposes not exciting like the ecoboost though.
I am absolutely fine with sedate driving and if it is going to be fine in the hills, where a lot of my weekend driving will happen, then I am a happy chappy! Also 10kmpl sounds just about right.

Last edited by d1vine : 28th October 2015 at 12:42. Reason: quote edit
d1vine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:26   #159
BHPian

Post Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Drove the old & new TDCi Titanium trims back to back last Saturday at the dealership while my vehicle was being washed. I found no noticeable difference in the power & ride quality, on both internal & highway roads. The only irritant was the swapping of the turn indicator & wiper levers; that takes some time getting used to.
This makes me feel a lot better as i had to make a choice between a prefacelift with discounts and a facelift with no discounts. And i opted for prefacelift with discounts.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:42   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is giving a final price of 22k on the 15" alloys, however they say that it comes in a set of only 4. I though Ecosport alloy kit from ford came for the spare wheel as well?
I had recently checked on the cost of the 15" alloy wheels, and they said that it comes as a set of only 4 (not 5, though you could buy singles also). A single alloy was quoted as Rs. 7360, so a total cost of 29k for 4 alloys becomes 22k for you.

EDIT: This post on the top of the previous page has the accessories price list for Panchkula, which is near your place. That quotes the alloy wheel kit as costing 26k. So dropping 4k from this cost is not a very great discount. The accessories haven't changed, so push harder for a discount on the actual car itself.

Quote:
I am absolutely fine with sedate driving and if it is going to be fine in the hills, where a lot of my weekend driving will happen, then I am a happy chappy! Also 10kmpl sounds just about right.
Any chance you can do a test drive in those hilly areas? Its one thing for us to tell you that the 1.5P is a decent engine, its another thing for you to experience it yourself and be satisfied/convinced before you buy it.

Last edited by arunphilip : 28th October 2015 at 12:47.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:06   #161

Quote:
I had recently checked on the cost of the 15" alloy wheels, and they said that it comes as a set of only 4 (not 5, though you could buy singles also). A single alloy was quoted as Rs. 7360, so a total cost of 29k for 4 alloys becomes 22k for you.

Any chance you can do a test drive in those hilly areas? Its one thing for us to tell you that the 1.5P is a decent engine, its another thing for you to experience it yourself and be satisfied/convinced before you buy it.
Hmm.., Dont think I can get them to go any lower than this on the price anymore, I tried all my tact. Even going as far as saying that maybe I should just go for the Creta base petrol and even though it made the sales guy winch a little he said he could not do any better for me on the price. I will however try to get something better on accessories.

As of now there is no possibility to take a test drive in the hills, however once I get the car I am going to uttarakhand in the last week of november. So I can definitely give a ride report.

However I have made the payments today, as I need the car by the end of this week.
On a side note the experience with Riddhi Ford in Delhi till now has been exceptionally good. I have not set foot inside the showroom once and yet everything has been taken care of. Right from the test drive to taking the booking amount from me as well as getting the loan processed through ford credit. They have either come down to my office personally each time or all other paperwork has been taken care of through email.

Hyundai on the other hand was atrocious even for the first phone call, uninterested and almost rude. I called three different Hyundai showrooms asking about the Base Petrol and they all had the same attitude.
d1vine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 16:17   #162

Quote:
Good spot.

The first 2 VINs decode to Jan 2015 diesel EcoSports, and seem to be similar to what we already have here. Both of them state they have "With Conventional Headlamp Control" so it does seem to be a pre-facelift model. They have been manufactured in India (due to the MAJ VIN), so its amusing to see them being re-imported.
How are you decoding the VIN number, any website where I can check?
MAJAXXMRKAFT81309 is the VIN number.
Old 28th October 2015, 17:26   #163
BHPian

Post Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
How are you decoding the VIN number, any website where I can check?
MAJAXXMRKAFT81309 is the VIN number.
Pls refer to the below link i.e
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3822559 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Primary Features
Build Date: 20.08.2015
Vehicle Line: EcoSport 2013-
Body Style: 5 Door UAV
Version: Trend
Engine: 1.5L Duratec Ti-VCT (110PS) - Sigma
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.56
Emission: With Stage IV Emission Car
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Diamond White No.2
Interior Colour: Warm Neutral Grey
Interior Fabric: Dali Light
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:32   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How are you decoding the VIN number, any website where I can check? MAJAXXMRKAFT81309 is the VIN number.
You can decode the VIN to get the build date + much more info at the site https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

For your VIN MAJAXXMRKAFT81309 this is the detail provided (note its an Aug 2015 built-vehicle):
Name:  d1vine EcoSport.jpg
Views: 2356
Size:  67.0 KB
Old 28th October 2015, 17:55   #165

Thanks a lot guys, I think its great that the vehicle is only about 2 and a half month old.

Most of the formalities were done through the day, expecting to get delivery tomorrow or on Friday.

Accessories though of right now - fog lamp, roof rail, wheel cover and rear spoiler. Total price is coming to 41k according to their pricelist however they will give it for 32k, dealer is not ready to budge an inch on this price now.
Its coming down to "Saar, zero margin Saar, best price bilkul!"

and I don't see much value in any of these accessories except wheel cover, and fog lamps. Fog lamps for Delhi winters and wheel cover for Delhi summers, both extremes of the weather.
Closed Thread