Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2015, 11:25   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I have a Jetta 6 airbags as my primary car. This would still go on highway but that's part of our daily drive 10 km on Nh8.
Hi Aseem,
I was in a similar situation few months back. Even I own a 6 airbags Octavia which is used on highways and we were looking for a secondary car, a workhorse. We wanted a city car and one that is also safe on highways.
In July, when I was making a decision, I chose Ecosport over the Creta, S-Cross and upcoming facelift for the deals I was getting on this model. Creta and S-cross didn't make sense to me as it was going to be my secondary car and wanted it to be as compact as possible.
So my suggestion would be to go for the 6 airbags one as it is something that commands more importance than the extra bhps. In any case you have your Jetta to take care of that. Also, if fun to drive factor is what you are looking for, check out the Aspire/ Figo which are more peppy and offer same kind of safety albeit, having a lighter body structure.
Happy shopping.

Regards
Shreyak!
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 12:28   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If it's for your wife, any reason you are looking at manual only and not any AT? Since you have a Jetta, why another diesel?

I'm just thinking why not the Figo AT?

If you have already decided on Ecosport, then the old Titanium+ is a very good choice. The extra 10BHP in the new one is easy to get in the old one but the 6 airbags and other features are not. A simple remap can take it above 100bhp after a year and you enjoy the extra safety.

Since you have a large car like the Jetta, the S-cross and Creta are pointless. The Creta is way too expensive at 16-17 lakhs for diesel 1.6. The 1.4 is too bare bones.

The S-cross 1.3L is a good package with the Zeta as VFM option but again you don't need the extra space so actually it's pointless. The Baleno with 75PS will actually be better as it's lighter than the S-cross DDiS200 and has all the features that S-cross has.
My wife already has a Polo and wants to upgrade. Creta has huge waiting period's and I feel Figo Aspire is built to cost. Its missing rubber beadings on door and the doors don't have that heavy feel.

I loved the Baleno but then these offers on EcoSport came along and now Baleno booking also would result in waiting. I am getting a good price for my old car.

Now coming to the point, I cant go for a remap on EcoSport if I buy the old as whats the point paying 20-25k for a remap when the you are saving only 50k buying old. By doing the remap I end up very close to the price of new.

I just want to know if that extra 10 bhp is worth. Net savings I am getting old vs new is 45k.
Old 1st November 2015, 12:35   #183
Senior - BHPian

You don't have to remap the Old Titanium+ right away. Drive the car for a couple of months, meanwhile test drive the New Ecosport with 10 extra horses and go for an upgrade after 6 or 12 months. That way you won't feel the pinch of spending extra for the remap and the vehicle will also get a mid life makeover

Remapping is a boon for Turbo Diesels while lack of enough safety feature choices is a bane.
Old 1st November 2015, 19:11   #184
Senior - BHPian

Drove the new EcoSport and didn't find any significant perceptible difference in power. I am sure there is if you drive back to back, but not when you drive in isolation.

The difference between new EcoSport Titanium and the Ecosport Titanium old was 45k post discounts including ex-showroom difference. Unfortunately the only Titanium left was with Spare wheel cover which I didn't need, which reduced my discount by approximately 5-6k.

I booked EcoSport Titanium (White) old as I didn't want to go for Titanium plus. Primarily because all black interior made the car claustrophobic.

Now I need some help:

1. Where can I find angel eyes/xenon/drl's audi like in Delhi for EcoSport
2. Which is the best place to get the roof done black 3M sheet lamination done in Delhi
3. What is the right tire upsize and the best tires to get

Those are the only 3 mods I am planning.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:19   #185
BHPian

A bit surprised to see that the prefacelift models are still available for sale. However not surprised to see many opting for the prefacelift over the facelift due to good discounts. It might be just me but have started seeing significant number of Ecosports on the roads of Hyderabad. I am not sure but the 2 Lakh Ecosport celebration which happened recently was to celebrate 2 Lakh Ecosports on indian roads or overall production in India.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:27   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I am not sure but the 2 Lakh Ecosport celebration which happened recently was to celebrate 2 Lakh Ecosports on indian roads or overall production in India.
Its both exports as well as local sales. Their press release stated:
Quote:
India's highest selling compact SUV achieves 200,000 sales milestone in domestic wholesales and exports combined; More than 112,000 Ford EcoSports on Indian roads
Doing some very crude math: 30 months x ~3500 EcoSports/month = 1,05,000, which is close enough to the 112,000 figure that Ford quoted.

Source: http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249166772158

Quote:
A bit surprised to see that the prefacelift models are still available for sale. However not surprised to see many opting for the prefacelift over the facelift due to good discounts.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it is people on TBHP who are disproportionately going in for the pre-facelift model, with common people buying the shiniest and flashiest facelift; resulting in discounted pre-facelift models still being available. Can't complain
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:08   #187
BHPian

Can anybody comment on the lightness of the electronic power steering and the stiffness of the suspension of the facelifted version in comparison to the pre-facelifted version? Have these been slightly tweaked or changed at all? I am sorry if this has already been answered. Any comparison of the ride quality and handling, in case there is a difference, between the two versions, will be appreciated.

Personally I feel the Trend+ trim is a good addition for somebody with a limited budget and considering the Ecoboost engine with ABS and airbags.

Here in Kolkata, the two Ford dealers are ready to offer approximately 25k discount for the pre-facelifted version, when I enquired over phone. Are there any discounts elsewhere on any of the facelifted trims?
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:25   #188
BHPian

Post Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Can anybody comment on the lightness of the electronic power steering and the stiffness of the suspension of the facelifted version in comparison to the pre-facelifted version? Have these been slightly tweaked or changed at all? I am sorry if this has already been answered. Any comparison of the ride quality and handling, in case there is a difference, between the two versions, will be appreciated.
Though i own a prefacelift and have not driven a facelift, all reviews point to the fact that significant updates to power steering, suspension , ride quality and handling will only happen in the facelift intended for mid 2016.
Quote:
Personally I feel the Trend+ trim is a good addition for somebody with a limited budget and considering the Ecoboost engine with ABS and airbags.
Trend+ is indeed the best VFM variant.
Quote:
Here in Kolkata, the two Ford dealers are ready to offer approximately 25k discount for the pre-facelifted version, when I enquired over phone. Are there any discounts elsewhere on any of the facelifted trims?
15- 22K Cash + Extended Warranty + 17K Exchange + Reduced Insurance is the minimum starting point for negotiations.
dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:55   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody comment on the lightness of the electronic power steering and the stiffness of the suspension of the facelifted version in comparison to the pre-facelifted version? Have these been slightly tweaked or changed at all?
The 2015 EcoSport facelift has not introduced any suspension changes in India, although the internationally facelifted model has revised the suspension and reduced the ground clearance from 200 mm to 190 mm.

At city speeds in the EcoSport, hitting pot breakers is jarring and noisy. And its no fun, because it feels unpleasant and sounds unpleasant. On the highway, any undulations on the road are taken care of very well by the EcoSport, however. The firm suspension also helps control body roll to a good extent, particularly in such a tall vehicle. It also gives confidence when taking properly banked corners at speed (but obviously don't compare it to a sedan).

Likewise, there have been no changes in the steering performance. The steering is light at low speeds (parking speeds, city speeds), and weighs up with speed. While the steering is good, it doesn't have the feel of the hydraulic steering of the old Fiesta (now Classic), and not even the electric steering of the new Fiesta (2011-2015), which is mechanically similar to the EcoSport but feels much nicer. If you go in expecting those steerings, you will be disappointed. If you go in with reasonable expectations, you'll be fine. Also, the steering behaviour will grow on you over time, and you'll get accustomed to it.
Quote:
I agree, the Trend+ variant makes a good case for itself for people interested in the EcoBoost engine by giving it at a more accessible price. I'm sure Ford would have seen uptake of the Titanium EcoBoost was quite low compared to the Titanium+ EcoBoost, and elected to make this change.

Ford has a vested interest in selling more EcoBoosts - although the engine is imported and attracts some duty charges, it is the one petrol engine that allows Ford to come in the <4m <1.2L tax slab. However, by offering it in only the Plus variants (Trend+ and Titanium+) they are able to price those variants smartly at a premium and cater to some of their margins via the tax saving which is not fully passed on to the customer.
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:06   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Though i own a prefacelift and have not driven a facelift, all reviews point to the fact that significant updates to power steering, suspension , ride quality and handling will only happen in the facelift intended for mid 2016.
Thanks for letting us know there will be another facelift in mid 2016. What was the point of the current facelift then, with addition of only a few features and variants? How sure are you that there will be a more major facelift in 2016? I guess Ford cannot say that, can they? Or else some of their current sales may get affected.

Quote:
15- 22K Cash + Extended Warranty + 17K Exchange + Reduced Insurance is the minimum starting point for negotiations.
Sounds good to me as a starting point for negotiations, especially when it appears that there is a significant inventory of pre-facelift models to clear at both the Kolkata dealers.

However, based on the inputs, we may just postpone our plans till mid 2016.

Last edited by asitkde : 3rd November 2015 at 10:07.
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:31   #191
BHPian

Quote:
However, based on the inputs, we may just postpone our plans till mid 2016.
Ford had planned for a major facelift but instead just launched a minor facelift. Since the European Ecosport facelift is already launched, hopefully it will come to India next year.

Buying a Prefacelift would be a better choice considering the discounts being offered.

Facelifts will keep on coming. The existing ecosport is a great car. Do a TD to see whether you find its so called deficiencies a deal breaker for you i.e. stiff suspension.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:36   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford had planned for a major facelift but instead just launched a minor facelift. Since the European Ecosport facelift is already launched, hopefully it will come to India next year.

Buying a Prefacelift would be a better choice considering the discounts being offered.

Facelifts will keep on coming. The existing ecosport is a great car. Do a TD to see whether you find its so called deficiencies a deal breaker for you i.e. stiff suspension.
The changes are soo few that this is not even worthy of being called a facelift (apart from Engine tuning). All other features are just here and there. Externally its hard to spot a single difference apart from the lights. Internally too on the Titanium model and below no major differences.

This is actually not a facelift at all. This is just a feature revamp job to keep the car still relevant in the market. Plus on the new car too they are giving 35k discount.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:39   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Plus on the new car too they are giving 35k discount.
I did not know that discounts are being given on the new car. Probably the year end discounts have started kicking in now. Can you pls elaborate on the type of discount being offered.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:28   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not know that discounts are being given on the new car. Probably the year end discounts have started kicking in now. Can you pls elaborate on the type of discount being offered.
30k Cash Discount and 5k Discount on Finance. This is the breakup I had. As opposed to 60k flat on the old version. For me it was 55k on old version as they only had the model with spare wheel which is 10k more on list.

So the net difference works as follows:

15k off Ex-Showroom
25k off on discount
------------
Total Difference: 40k
------------

For more or less the same car. I will be going for Xenon setup worth 20k in any case so didn't care about the lights. Start button was no major thing for me.

Only case was how much power was the new engine making. Post the test drive I couldn't tell much difference so though of saving 40k which I will use to upsize the tires and getting Xenon's.

Hope this helps.
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:33   #195
BHPian

Quote:
30k Cash Discount and 5k Discount on Finance.
I assume this discount is for Titanium Facelift. Incase the same discount is for Trend+, then i think it might be worth going in for Trend+ Facelift.
Closed Thread