Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2015, 13:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: MPV's no more popular, SUV's are !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The next interesting MPV is Hyundai's answer to the Ertiga and I feel this Hyundai has the potential to hit Ertiga hard like the Elite i20 hit the Swift.
I20 has not hit Swift, IMO. Swift is still strong around 17-18K numbers per month. I20 has garnered the volume, but not at the expense of Swift.
Old 26th November 2015, 13:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I20 has not hit Swift, IMO. Swift is still strong around 17-18K numbers per month. I20 has garnered the volume, but not at the expense of Swift.
Exactly, Swift seems to be very much unshakable at this moment and atleast in the nearest future. Baleno will cannibalize to a certain extent going forward though. Interestingly Grand I 10 has been getting closer to the Swift though, but that has not affected Swift's volumes.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Just one question to the author/moderators/experts:

Are the numbers for Maruti Stringray combined with those of Maruti Wagon R? Is the Stingray a good car for city driving?

I tried searching but I could not find a lot of details on this forum regarding the stringray.

Thanks in advance!
As far as my knowledge goes, Stingray numbers are included in the WagonR numbers.

Stingray in basically the WagonR, with cosmetic changes. It should drive the same way as a regular WagonR in the city. Test drive a regular WagonR and see if it drives well enough for you!
Old 26th November 2015, 14:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Ideally we could have made a statement if the market numbers remained the same through a specific period. But the reality is more and more people are buying cars (and hence market numbers are increasing). The best way to see is if the percentage of the market (in that category) is still being held by the car. If the car has held the same numbers even after the market has grown then I would say the car has been hit, though it might be a slight hit.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread