Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 22:23   #2791
BHPian
 
sreepathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 124
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Had registered on the Nexon website long before the launch. Had immediately got a call and was told that Progressive Cars (at Prahladnagar in Ahmedabad) will contact me. Was pretty impressed with the response.

Somebody from PC contacted me a couple of days later and asked me to do a booking. I was interested in the petrol version but refused to do the booking saying I will need a TD.

Since then, official booking started, the vehicle got launched and deliveries too have begun but no follow-up from PC. Had tried calling their executive (got the number from their website). He didn’t even answer the calls, neither did he call back.


After that decided to call up someone I know in Tata. He had a word with the people at PC and later told me they will call me soon. A week or so has passed but no call yet.

If the success of a single vehicle (or two) can do this to a Tata dealer, what will be the case if they have three or four best-sellers

Have to admire Maruti and its dealers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2017 at 14:37. Reason: As per report post.
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:29   #2792
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
If the success of a single vehicle (or two) can do this to a Tata dealer, what will be the case if they have three or four best-sellers
You are terribly wrong mate! Or have been mighty ignorant about Tata showrooms in past before the buzz was created by recent products. They have always been like this.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:40   #2793
BHPian
 
sreepathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 124
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
They have always been like this.

Now I know. If this is the case with sales, how bad will be after-sales. I shudder to think.



No doubt they are bringing out good vehicles these days, but what point if this is how they sell it
sreepathy is offline  
Old 5th October 2017, 22:48   #2794
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Now I know. If this is the case with sales, how bad will be after-sales. I shudder to think.
No doubt they are bringing out good vehicles these days, but what point if this is how they sell it
After-sales is actually way better than pre-sales. Its not bad. Been experiencing it for 7 years now. And I have experienced Maruti for 4+ years also. I'd always prefer TASS over MASS.

I think the sales experience is Tata's way of ensuring only devout and brand loyal customers buy their products. Only those who go through this hardship of buying experience are worthy of owning a Tata.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 23:58   #2795
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,033
Thanked: 670 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
After-sales is actually way better than pre-sales. Its not bad. Been experiencing it for 7 years now. And I have experienced Maruti for 4+ years also. I'd always prefer TASS over MASS.

I think the sales experience is Tata's way of ensuring only devout and brand loyal customers buy their products. Only those who go through this hardship of buying experience are worthy of owning a Tata.

We've experienced both MSIL and TML's service and totally disagree with your statement above. Secondly and most importantly, Maruti cars are much more reliable as compared to Tata. Our family will not buy another Tata car for some years at least. They have a long way to go before they can be compared with Maruti.

Regarding the hardship during sales being used to weed out customers, I'm sure TML's doing an excellent job of driving away potential customers. You are most welcome to endure that hardship. We don't want this hardship.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 6th October 2017 at 00:01.
Lalvaz is offline  
Old 6th October 2017, 00:11   #2796
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
We've experienced both MSIL and TML's service and totally disagree with your statement above. Secondly and most importantly, Maruti cars are much more reliable as compared to Tata. Our family will not buy another Tata car for some years at least. They have a long way to go before they can be compared with Maruti.

Regarding the hardship during sales being used to weed out customers, I'm sure TML's doing an excellent job of driving away potential customers. You are most welcome to endure that hardship. We don't want this hardship.
No offence Lalvaz. I don't think you understood the sarcasm in my post.
But its okay. And service experience is always based on circumstances, location & most importantly luck. Your experience will not prove mine void.

A car that is even named after a god can surely be trusted to be more reliable. I'm not asking anyone, nor you, to buy a Tata. Peace.

We are going a bit off topic here. My point was only to answer a doubt about service experience.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 02:23   #2797
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Not only you but I know a lot of people in the same boat....

The problem Nexon has created is confusing one, its a brilliant product which has very few flaws which are not much of deal breakers.
You have put it beautifully. I am in the market for a SUV/Crossover within 10-11L and I think Nexon is one of the cars that fits the bill nicely. The build is solid and so is the interior. I have taken a TD for Brezza and the interior plastic is almost like the bucket I use at home. For the ZDi+ costing almost 12L in Bangalore, that's far from what I had expected.

I just wish that Tata had launched the AMT together with MT.
ayankm is offline  
Old 6th October 2017, 04:50   #2798
BHPian
 
Nissan1180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 644 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
We've experienced both MSIL and TML's service and totally disagree with your statement above. Secondly and most importantly, Maruti cars are much more reliable as compared to Tata. Our family will not buy another Tata car for some years at least. They have a long way to go before they can be compared with Maruti.

Regarding the hardship during sales being used to weed out customers, I'm sure TML's doing an excellent job of driving away potential customers. You are most welcome to endure that hardship. We don't want this hardship.
It would be good if you could speak from experience of using a car that was manufactured after the Zest. I know the Indica/Indigo and Safari horror stories, but things changed after the Zest. We have a Maruti, Hyundai and Tata at home, and in terms of ASS, Hyundai is the worst while Tata is the best. They do not overcharge the customers. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, all I can say is circumstances should shape opinions. Reliability is not a given trait. Our Baleno overheated on a long drive and the AC did not work. The culprit was a leak in the pipe connecting the coolant tank to the radiator. The irony was that the car was serviced a week before this happened. Let's not try to denigrate a product that redefines value, desirability and quality in the sub-10 lakh segment, without experiencing it.
Nissan1180 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 05:55   #2799
BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 413
Thanked: 397 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

I have long term experience with both Maruti and Hyundai products, and in Bangalore both rule. In terms of Sales or After Sales my experience has been great with only a single incident of Advaith using 'sub-standard oil' during service once. I had to immediately drain it out and get the proper oil in, at my loss. But this good an experience is also because I'm very very involved when it comes to the car. Once I've zeroed in on a model I don't let the SE sleep.

I track every commitment and deadline to the hour. I set reminders for each task, be it work, home or things like this. The SE has to either take my call or return it, else come rain or sunshine - I land up at the dealership and approach the superior, and then his superior...and so on. My outlook is that my job needs to be done, and I'm willing to invest my time in it. It springs purely from passion. This is a new chapter for me with Tata, and boy are they in for a surprise having brought me in to their family!
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 06:36   #2800
BHPian
 
Dieselritzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 461 Times
Default

@serbing, I think Tata needs customers like you who are super demanding, and in a realistic way. Might for years they were used to customers who didn't push them to their limits. Nexon is going to make them interact with customers who will not take anything less, and that is going to teach Tata some good lessons in taking their game up when it comes to pre and post sales
Dieselritzer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:27   #2801
BHPian
 
sparky@home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: KL08/KL46
Posts: 135
Thanked: 170 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Had registered on the Nexon website long before the launch. Had immediately got a call and was told that Progressive Cars (at Prahladnagar in Ahmedabad) will contact me. Was pretty impressed with the response.

Somebody from PC contacted me a couple of days later and asked me to do a booking. I was interested in the petrol version but refused to do the booking saying I will need a TD.

Since then, official booking started, the vehicle got launched and deliveries too have begun but no follow-up from PC. Had tried calling their executive (got the number from their website). He didnít even answer the calls, neither did he call back.


After that decided to call up a former colleague who is with Tata in Sanand. He had a word with the people at PC and later told me they will call me soon. A week or so has passed but no call yet.

If the success of a single vehicle (or two) can do this to a Tata dealer, what will be the case if they have three or four best-sellers

Have to admire Maruti and its dealers.
I can say with experience as i have owned Tata car's from 2004, that the servicing has changed considerably for the better. In your case, you can take up the matter with Tata online, and i think it can be resolved, if you are serious about your purchase.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:31   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,724
Thanked: 15,764 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Second Nexon in my friend's circle - with a brand new blue colour XZ+ (single tone) in our apartment yesterday. This one is a diesel as well, and the other guys in the apartment who were checking the car out - all seem to be mighty impressed with the improvements TATA has made with the Nexon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:45   #2803
BHPian
 
sreepathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 124
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I can say with experience as i have owned Tata car's from 2004, that the servicing has changed considerably for the better.
This could be a problem with one particular dealer. Trying to find a way out. Though everybody has good things to say about nexon there is a word of caution on its petrol version. Need to ensure that it's a decent performer. I guess a TD is the only solution to this. And i am waiting for a TD since its launch
sreepathy is offline  
Old 6th October 2017, 09:53   #2804
BHPian
 
sparky@home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: KL08/KL46
Posts: 135
Thanked: 170 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
I guess a TD is the only solution to this. And i am waiting for a TD since its launch
You can book a TD online, that should solve your problem, i guess. Tata does that, as i know people who do that way.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:19   #2805
BHPian
 
sreepathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 124
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
You can book a TD online, that should solve your problem, i guess. Tata does that, as i know people who do that way.
Once you book a td online you are allotted a dealer near you. I was supposed to be contacted by progressive cars. Btw, they just called me. No petrol cars available for td. They might get it by next week.

Just now got another call from the same dealer, saying the car is available for td. Going there tomorrow

Last edited by sreepathy : 6th October 2017 at 10:31.
sreepathy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without) v12 Superbikes & Imports 184 17th September 2017 15:53
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs Abhinav667 The Indian Car Scene 239 10th April 2013 19:57
100 BHP+ Diesel Sedan under 10 lakhs - Booked Verna CRDI SX (ABS), now under 9 lakhs newcoolgadgets Sedans 84 16th September 2009 21:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:16.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks