Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th July 2017, 14:09   #286

Default Re: Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud

So I own a Polo GT 1.6 TDI and now I have received the below mail
Quote:
Diesel Service Action
VIN Number:WVWJ13604ET*****
Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the technical upgrade for Volkswagen vehicles started in September 2016 and is being implemented in a phased manner.

For your vehicle, the upgrade involves a software update to the engine management system along with hardware update (Installation of flow transformer). This process should take approximately less than an hour; however, based on your service appointment your authorized Volkswagen Service Partner will be able to confirm the precise duration that will be required for implementing the said update for your vehicle.

We, therefore request you to book an appointment for undertaking the above measures at a time convenient to you. We recommend that this be undertaken at the earliest convenient date at any of our authorized Volkswagen Service Centers.

The above measures will be implemented totally free of cost to you.

We would like to apologize once again for any inconvenience this issue has caused you, and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Thierry Lespiaucq
Managing Director
I am really happy with the performance of the car now, but seeing a few responses, about the engine becoming sluggish is saddening. I'm out of all warranty ties with the company. And infact the service centre at coimbatore is really bad.

Do you think the update is recomended for 1.6 TDI engines? You inputs are really appreciated
rsathyaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 14:23   #287
BHPian

Post Re: Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsathyaraj View Post
~~~~~~
Do you think the update is recommended for 1.6 TDI engines? You inputs are really appreciated
If you don't want to get the update, don't. Since you say you are out of all warranty, you have nothing to worry.
swissknife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 15:37   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsathyaraj View Post

This mail is nothing less than a disgusting an outrageous lie. It is not an upgrade, it is a change because we-all-know-why.

That they are not straight about the process and its reason is just appalling.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote