Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2015, 15:10   #151
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

My vote goes to the Creta. I still recollect how flabbergasted people were about this car after its prices were announced. Despite the inflated prices, it has been one of the best selling vehicles of 2015 and that is with good reason.

The Creta offers a perfect mix for an urban dweller. SUVish looks and feel along with premium interiors and an amazing engine.
Add to that the reasonable size of the vehicle and we see why its been raking in the numbers for Hyundai, specially in the urban areas.
Old 11th December 2015, 15:21   #152
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

Voted for the K(w)id!

I'm sure the market response to the Kwid would have sent shivers down the spine to Maruti.. well.. and for some extent to Hyundai as well! Hyundai was fighting a lone battle with Maruti so far in the entry level car segment. Renault has given an another dimension to the existing battle with Kwid's launch.

It would be interesting to see how the market will respond to Tata's Kite. God bless competition!
Old 11th December 2015, 15:31   #153
BHPian

Voted for Renault Lodgy!! I own one and I am super happy with the car. Its a highway hero which has excellent space and superb driving abilities. I definitely recommend this car if T-Bhpians are looking for a spacious all rounded MPV for a good price.
Renault will be the manufacturer to look for in the future.

Creta is a good choice but as with all Hyundai cars the initial hype will die pretty soon is what I feel and it is too expensive for a pseudo SUV as well.

Last edited by raghutk : 11th December 2015 at 15:33.
Old 11th December 2015, 15:34   #154
BHPian

I think number of us asked for a 'NOTA' option. Here's why it DOESN'T WORK here (purely in my view)-

(a) This is a one time exercise. It will not be re-conducted if NOTA gets the highest votes.

(b) Also, this is not an election where we vote with our foot. To show our lack of faith in all candidates presented and demand alternatives. There are NO ALTERNATIVES. This is it. Vote, relatively.

(c) It is a bit of a fun exercise, honestly. Don't take it so seriously.

If the above points are considered, then I wonder what purpose would a NOTA serve. Some of us mentioned that this (NOTA) will send a message of auto manufacturers. Really ? We seriously think that ? And to be fair to manufacturers, I think we have a bunch of fairly competitive cars in the list. Nothing that elicits such extreme reaction, especially when we are speaking of INDIAN auto market. Look at winners in previously years and explain how they were such amazing propositions and how EACH AND EVERY of current offerings is pathetic compared to that? That is what a NOTA would mean, right?

To be fair, not everyone has to like what is on the list. In that case, just DON'T VOTE. Let the total number of votes this year be dramatically low compared to another year. Whatever symbolic message a NOTA can even hope to achieve, can simply be achieved by that.

Sorry for the long post, but I just thought that most manufacturers this year tried to do something different. Some succeeded more than the others. If you didn't like anything enough to put your money, let's wait for next year.

It is the festive time, time to spread some smiles. Similarly, time to raise a toast to our COTY (whoever wins). Spread some cheer, why so serious ?

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 11th December 2015 at 15:36.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 15:40   #155
BHPian

Went with Kwid for coming close to challenge Market Leaders (Maruti/Hyundai) in their volumes segment. Bravo and Good luck Renault! , now please get something exciting that will challenge Swift/i10 segment, then, i20/Jazz/Baleno segement, 2016 may be the right time to gradually step-up.

Creta looks too expensive for an SUV-like, why would someone rather not go with XUV or even better Scorpio for that kinda price?

For Baleno its too early days IMO to be even a contender for COTY.
Old 11th December 2015, 16:14   #156
BHPian

All New JAZZ takes my vote.

The perfect Hatchback for a family - in terms of Safety, Performance, Space and Mileage. And brims with quality.
Old 11th December 2015, 16:17   #157
BHPian

Pretty interesting voting pattern! We actually have the top contenders across segments - entry level hatch, mid-hatch, compact sedan, "premium" hatch and pseudo SUV.

The top 4 are:
Renault Kwid 248 votes 28.57%
Hyundai Creta 195 votes 22.47%
Maruti Baleno 143 votes 16.47%
Ford Aspire + Figo 128 votes 14.75%
(figures at 4pm IST)
Old 11th December 2015, 16:19   #158
BHPian

I'm confused between
1. Kwid
2. Figo Aspire
3. TUV 300

Voted for aspire just because of safety features.

Would have gone for Creta but did not vote for it as it does not have 4x4 or AWD . To call a vehicle SUV means that it should have AWD/4x4 at least as an option.
Old 11th December 2015, 16:43   #159
Senior - BHPian

Red face re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

I am surprised not to see Fiat Abarth Punto. I guess merely raving the car does not get enough points to make it to the list otherwise my choice would have been the Abarth. Amongst the choices, IMHO did not find any car which can qualify for the title. Hence not voting.
Old 11th December 2015, 16:43   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Car of the year you ask? Well the definition is plain and simple enough for me.
Just being a segment topper ain't enough! It should be a SEGMENT TOPPLER!

The kind that makes you and the competition go "What the hell?!". And in that sense the Renault Kwid is the one for me
Well said. I share that sentiment.

Unlike last year's COTY, this year, I think we have a car we might actually buy and not just vote. Kwid almost feels like an impulsive purchase. It's fresh, well-priced, and thankfully not a Maruti.

P.S.: Disclaimer: Personal opinion
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 17:05   #161
BHPian

Voted for Kwid.

Brave attempt by Renault to shake the A segment which is dominated by Maruti and Hyundai. If only Renault can up its production and dealer network, it will be a super success. Which other model offers a touch screen audio system in A segment, a high GC and a vehicle which has great looks (at times, it resembles Nissan Juke - released in Indonesia)

My ranking of votes would be:

1. Kwid - for reasons above

2. Creta - Best looking car and a perfect VFM SUV.

3. Jazz - Had to be partial to my car. It is the best looking hatch and perfect family vehicle.

4. TUV 300 - Another VFM vehicle from Mahindra.
Old 11th December 2015, 17:06   #162
BHPian

I liked Kwid of all the cars. This year it seems the COTY is a close affair compared to earlier years. Creta is about only 60 votes behind and Baleno (though far off) is getting more votes than a regular 3rd rank candidate. Hopefully, next year would also be as exciting as this year.
Old 11th December 2015, 17:19   #163
BHPian

Voted Creta. Although wanted to vote for Kwid but read many initials reviews having rattles and niggles (no offense as it's leading the board as of now). Although for the price tag, we are getting awesome specifications in Kwid.

Later thought of the Hyundai's fit and finish and Creta seemed clear choice for TBHP-COTY.

But feel that Kwid will win and like last year Hyundai will lose to Renault this year.
Old 11th December 2015, 18:50   #164
BHPian

Also, Datsun Go+ receiving 0 votes, till now, indicates that such products should not have been launched in the first place.
Old 11th December 2015, 19:31   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
Well said. I share that sentiment.
Kwid almost feels like an impulsive purchase.
Absolutely! If you think about it, the top two contenders here pull at the heart strings like no other. What nishsingh said for the Kwid also stands true for the Creta. We can find people who own higher segment cars actually yearn for these two. I do! But what makes the Kwid special is that Renault has somehow managed to break that psychological barrier associated with low cost cars. Heck! I break my neck trying to get a good glimpse of the Kwid on the road. I don't even do that for a Beemer now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
Also, Datsun Go+ receiving 0 votes, till now, indicates that such products should not have been launched in the first place.
I was really surprised to see the Go+ as a contender. And even more heart-wrenching to see the absence of Punto Abarth in the list. Come on mods! The Abarth is literally rewriting the concept of an accessible, affordable performance car for the Indian enthusiast. I get it that it's more of a performance upgrade over the regular Punto. Not a 'NEW' car per say. Then again, so is the Go+. It's more of a 'space upgrade' over the Go hatchback. So shouldn't we cut FIAT some slack?!
GKR9900 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread