Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2015, 11:09   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

I haven't voted yet, but I'm surprised to see so less voted for the Figo! It might have a lackluster petrol engine but it has a 100bhp diesel or a 1.5 110 odd bhp DCT automatic, 6 airbags, all at a killer price. Not sure why it hasn't managed to garner many votes!
blue_pulsar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 12:22   #182
BHPian

Voted for the Baleno. Its a good car and priced well. Surprised to see that Kwid has the maximum votes. I had a few test drives of Kwid recently. Well it looks a great package from outside but once you get in the vehicle your view changes drastically.

Last edited by sreejith.pish : 12th December 2015 at 12:24.
Old 12th December 2015, 12:25   #183

Voted for Jazz. Mainly because of 2 reasons. 1) Always been a fan of the city/civic headlights and the beautiful i-vtec motor. 2) most important reason. I invested my money on one
Old 12th December 2015, 15:31   #184
BHPian

Voted for Kwid!

This segment is single handedly owned by Alto. Eon came as a good alternative but did not have a good USP to make a threat to Alto. All of a sudden, here comes Renault, least of the manufacturer I expected, introducing Kwid and making a bold statement. It is not just a plain statement indeed. To price the car tantalizingly close to Maruti takes some achievement with several USPs such as exterior size, first in class boot capacity, navigation etc.

Agreed that there are few shortcomings like mediocre engine, flimsy side view mirrors etc but given the fact that the segment it is in and more or less a pure city car, the pluses outweigh the minuses significantly.

Creta comes a close second but it comes from a manufacturer who is well established in India and have the resources yet it is priced higher. It may be a great package stand alone but when it comes to the field against Kwid the courage and innovation of Renault emerges out on top.
Old 12th December 2015, 16:03   #185
BHPian

Voted for KWID. The Creta is a close 2nd .
This is the first serious challenge to the Maruti stranglehold on the A segment, the largest in India. That too from an unlikely contender . This is a car developed for India and for the entry level segement and as such is the most significant car of the year , in my opinion .
Old 12th December 2015, 16:31   #186
BHPian

As soon as I saw the poll, mind said Creta, because it is the one vehicle which brought all the qualities of a luxury brand however the pricing was a miss (not by big margin though). Voted kwid, as its an excellent package and great pricing strategy. Kudos, to the Kwid team.
Old 12th December 2015, 16:48   #187
Senior - BHPian

I knew the Renault Kwid would garner the maximum votes for its revolutionary looks and size in the entry level segment followed by the Creta for its compact SUV credentials. However I have voted for the TUV3OO with my wallet. No other car would come close to the TUV in matching all / most of my requirements. Hence brought home the TUV3OO just before Diwali.

Mahindra has pulled out a rabbit from the proverbial hat, by providing ample cabin space within the 4 metre restrictions. Everyone who has sat in the car feels like I am kidding, when I tell them that this car measures under 4m bumper to bumper.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 18:53   #188
BHPian

Did anyone notice the homepage photo of COTY? Its a fusion of 4 cars and guess what? the votes are almost in the same order as the photo, Kwid>Baleno>Creta>Aspire, with Baleno and Creta exchanging places as of now. Now lets see if they do exchange places

Last edited by PrideRed : 12th December 2015 at 18:55.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:07   #189
BHPian

Voted for Figo. The first gen Figo had very few deficiencies e.g only 68bhp, dated looks (subjective), lack of abs/ebd/airbags in lower variants - to name a few. Ford seems to have addressed them all in the new gen one(I am speaking diesel only) and its a powerful hot hatch in the market now - much better priced than polo twins (not considering abarth as that's not common man's car..:-)).
Old 13th December 2015, 09:31   #190
BHPian

Voted for Kwid, as it has set new benchmark for entry level segment and forced some of the other manufacturers to revise their offerings.

Given a choice, I would have voted for Ford Aspire too. Offering 6 airbags is a segment first and definitely a move in the right direction.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:35   #191
BHPian

I voted for the New Figo.
- Fantastic Diesel Engine
- Good Dual cluch Automatic
- Loaded with Safety features
- Very competitive pricing
- Good looks and style

Votes will get divided as there is Aspire in the competition as well.
Old 13th December 2015, 10:17   #192
BHPian

Voted for the Kwid. Car of the year for me means something that managed to get everyone's attention and shook up the market. It might not translate into the best ownership experience but the fact that everyone from the biggest metros to the smallest towns have heard of this car and it is the first car ever to even be good enough to dent the Alto's run gets it my vote.
Old 13th December 2015, 13:01   #193
Senior - BHPian

For me its the Kwid , without fail or any confusion, that who i have voted for. I think the Creta was a car in a segment which was already there and popular but the Kwid was or is a car which to some degree almost creates a new category and thats why it gets my vote!
Old 13th December 2015, 13:14   #194
BHPian

Voted for Kwid as it showed entry level cars can look great & have decent equipment level as per current times. This segment perhaps has the most volume & appeal to those buying their first car. There is a huge feel good factor about Kwid.
Old 13th December 2015, 14:00   #195
BHPian

I voted for Ford Figo Aspire.
I for one always hated compact sedans, but voted for the same twice in a row.
The Zest was the first compact sedan that didn't make me nauseate. Ford Aspire made me feel that it is an even better package than Zest.

Ford Figo Aspire, IMO offers the best VFM around 10L OTR and following are some of the main reasons for my vote,
1. 6 airbags - Only compact sedan to offer it
2. Superb 10s 1.5L TDCI that gives good competition to VW 1.6 TDI and capable of giving a deja vu feeling to ex-Cruze owners, but with no turbo lag and much better fuel efficiency
3. Affordable dual clutch automatic transmission
4. Good feature list

Ford Figo hatch comes very close to it for the same reasons with a tad less practicality.

However, if Abarth Punto was in the list, that would have been my pick. No need to explain the reason, obviously.

Last edited by theredliner : 13th December 2015 at 14:04.
Closed Thread