Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2015, 17:15   #196
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

I voted for TUV 300 - it didn't quite have the same hype as the Kwid, so it kind of went unnoticed among the public. We've seen the quality of Indian cars go up in the last year, and I think that's a big reason for me to vote for the TUV. It remains to be seen whether this vehicle can dominate the segment.
sidzzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 19:26   #197
BHPian

Really - the KWID is leading ? Hard to believe. I'll be watching to see if that reflects i nthe sales.

I was split between the Aspire and the Baleno, and went for the Baleno.
Old 13th December 2015, 19:49   #198
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Aspire as i loved that 1.5 D, a really nice engine - especially considering the options in that price range.

However Kwid/Creta are also great options. It's good to see some nice new launches this year.
Old 13th December 2015, 22:49   #199

Voted for Kwid. Was considering Baleno too. Baleno is a beautiful car and Kwid oozes value for money. Ultimately VfM scored.
Old 13th December 2015, 23:27   #200
BHPian

The poll is becoming very interesting. Kwid is maintaining the lead from the word go and is not letting the Creta to close in.

Mods : Is it possible to sort the contenders in the descending order of the votes they got till now ? Will be easier to analyze. Thanks !
Old 13th December 2015, 23:45   #201
BHPian

Wow! The go+ plus hasn't received even a single vote!
Even the avanti has two!
N.r.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 07:50   #202
BHPian

Voted for Kwid for creating a new segment, overall package with respect to price i.e. VFM in every aspect & relevance to Indian market.
Old 14th December 2015, 08:09   #203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I fail to see the hype on Kwid. What is so new in the car? It is a reskinned Alto sized hatch, designed to look like a small SUV. If only looks should make car of the year, Avanti should be leading. As far as I know kwid doesn't have class leading power or safety features nor does it provide exceptional economy nor is it priced very cheap. The Creta should deserve the title for lifting the small SUV segment in general.
Old 14th December 2015, 08:26   #204
BHPian

Voted for the Renault Kwid! Was torn wondering whether to vote for Kwid or Ford Figo, I absolutely adore them both.

Both are brilliant, the figo made a strong case for itself with the looks, 100hp diesel and 'ford'-ness. But the reason for the Kwid winning my vote is for a very simple reason and that is the fact that Renault is trying really hard to impress the Indian customer and I like that. The fact that it lead to a spacious, smart, fast and economical A segment hatch. Not to forget the amount of adverts and promotions for the Kwid was the clincher. It turned out to be a great hatch, win-win for the both parties.
Old 14th December 2015, 09:22   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I fail to see the hype on Kwid. What is so new in the car? It is a reskinned Alto sized hatch, designed to look like a small SUV. If only looks should make car of the year, Avanti should be leading. As far as I know kwid doesn't have class leading power or safety features nor does it provide exceptional economy nor is it priced very cheap. The Creta should deserve the title for lifting the small SUV segment in general.
I think you are mis-informed. Kwid has a lot of stuff going for it apart from the gorgeous looks which is sure to make heads turn.

1> It is much larger than A-segment cars and more spacious. It is actually comparable in size with Celerio and Grand I10 though it is priced along side Alto and Eon.The size and SUV styling gives it an awesome road presence which can't be matched by any car of this segment or a segment higher.
2> The boot space of 300 liters is a whole class bigger. Actually, it is bigger than the Elite I20 if I am not wrong.
3>Kwid offers best in class mileage for a petrol car of ~`25 kmpl ARAI.
4> It offers great features like 7" navigation system which was unheard of in this segment or even a segment higher. Also, the MID etc is fully functional unit.

Yes, it does not offer a lot of safety features and crash test worthiness is unknown but we are talking about an A-segment car. Which other car in this segment does that?

PS- Though I love the Jazz, I voted for the Kwid as I believe it redefines the A-segment and raises the bar significantly.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 09:42   #206
BHPian

Voted for Hyundai Creta

Kwid was the other car which I considered. But overall I am impressed with Creta. Its road presence is what attracts me more than any other car. Ford Figo looks fresh too. Baleno also managed to catch attention. Good that this poll results are not showing focus on only one factor ie "Kitna milage deti hai"
Old 14th December 2015, 10:18   #207
CPJ
BHPian

I have voted for the Renault Kwid.
For me, its a clear winner as the car of year, simply for the fact that it has changed the game in the A segment.

The Kwid looks great, has generous amount of space, is loaded with features as compared to others and to top it all has great mileage as well, making it a complete package.
Old 14th December 2015, 10:24   #208

For me only two cars were game changers this year. Hyundai Creta and Renault Kwid. But to me personally Kwid has had the bigger impact. It is one of the few cars that can challenge Maruti in small car segment. As other earlier said it is a complete package.
Voted for Kwid.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:28   #209
BHPian

Voted for Creta. A real world class product and so much desirable. I mean to create that excitement and people literally stretching their budgets to buy Creta speaks for itself. It didnt just create Euphoria, lived upto it, conquered and how.

Kwid was a close contender, a car which says you can look good, have space and still be economical. Nobody thought of this idea of sprinkling SUV character in a real entry level space. Kudos to Renault
Old 14th December 2015, 11:35   #210
BHPian

Voted for TUV300. Kwid was quite a competition for the VFM preposition it is, Creta, product as a whole and S-Cross for that monstrous mid and town end power of the engine (1.6) and handling.
But TUV300 was something I was really impressed with after the test drive, that too on a crowded Saturday inside the city. It may not have the most powerful engine or high quality interiors but it is one mini-truck that I loved driving in traffic.
Closed Thread