Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2015, 11:44   #211
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

Voted for KWID, since it is a game changing product from Renault. It is bang for buck and really made like of maruthi and hyundai sit up and take notice. Appreciate the efforts !!
Old 14th December 2015, 12:00   #212
BHPian

I am seeing this forum debate between Kwid and Creta.

Renault should definitely take the crown for almost creating a new segment in A class, putting things together to create a car that would suit the mass market and above all pricing it right.

The car of the year, which besides it design & innovation has to be priced right, and this in my mind is the main difference between Creta and Kwid. Creta is a superior product compared to Duster but the pricing is very high. People have bought into the initial euphoria and looks of Creta, but when Honda brings in BRV and Maruti brings its own mini SUV, Hyundai will either have to bring the prices down or take a big hit to its sale numbers.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:12   #213
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Ford Aspire, assume it also includes it's twin, the new Ford Figo.
Reasons were the focus on safety with the options for all airbags, ABS, new engine and transmission (CVT).

Next choice (if I had one!) would be the Kwid, would have gone for it if it had a 1000cc engine option.

*EDIT:
S-Cross - I wasn't so impressed by the 1.3 but 1.6 is really good but overall, didn't cut it for me as car of the year. Definitely the best car from the Maruti stable in a long time in terms of build quality and features!
Based on current trend it seems the S-Cross did not cut it with most of our forum members but wondering if the pricing fiasco alone could be the reason for this ?

Last edited by NPV : 14th December 2015 at 12:19.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:46   #214
BHPian

Voted for Kwid finally. The 2 front runners in my mind were Kwid and Creta. There were lot of competent products in the line up but the criteria for the car of the year in my view should be
  • Something that redefines the segment it is launched in
  • Something that has never been done before

keeping above in mind I feel both cars have done something similar but Kwid does it at entry level where the ruling King Alto is as basic and utilitarian as it can get. Its gives some level of desirability factor to entry level segment which in my does not exist today with likes of Alto or Eon.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:13   #215
BHPian

Is there a voter's bias towards the leading car?! Mods why don't we keep the votes hidden and only at the end the winner is found when the votes get counted, like general elections. That way the possibility of voter bias towards the leader can be mitigated. Just a suggestion.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 14:29   #216
BHPian

Over the last 3 days, the rankings haven't changed but the vote share has changed a bit.

The top 4 now are:
Renault Kwid 380 votes 30.60%
Hyundai Creta 284 votes 22.87%
Maruti Baleno 187 votes 15.06%
Ford Aspire + Figo 174 votes 14.01%
(figures at 2.30pm IST)

- Kwid has increased its lead by 200 bps
- Creta maintains the share of votes (+40bps)
- Baleno has lost out quite a bit by 140 bps
- Ford twins are kind of stagnant (-73bps)

I expect Kwid to surge ahead but the interesting battle seems to be for the 3rd spot - will the Baleno make it or will the Ford twins pip it is the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Pretty interesting voting pattern! We actually have the top contenders across segments - entry level hatch, mid-hatch, compact sedan, "premium" hatch and pseudo SUV.

The top 4 are:
Renault Kwid 248 votes 28.57%
Hyundai Creta 195 votes 22.47%
Maruti Baleno 143 votes 16.47%
Ford Aspire + Figo 128 votes 14.75%
(figures at 4pm IST)

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 14th December 2015 at 14:30.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 16:12   #217

Voted for Renault Kwid. I own one and IMHO it's time to unseat the king of entry segments, The Suzuki Alto and what better car to do it than the Renault Kwid.
Old 14th December 2015, 17:10   #218
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Baleno.

A VFM all rounder from the market leaders and that too which has all safety features in place.

Look wise also is neutral and has decidedly better interiors than its siblings the Dzire and the Swift.
Top it with class leading ARAI figures and the winner stands in front.
Old 14th December 2015, 18:34   #219
BHPian

Voted for Kwid !

Finally there is some 'real' competition to 'monopoly'.
In some way I see this as 'What Nano would have done to market, in good times'.
Old 14th December 2015, 22:31   #220
BHPian

Avery tough decision, especially when question is of voting for 'Team-bhp car of the year', not the ordinary mass market car of the year.
Well, my vote goes for Figo 1.5 TDCI. I feel Figo is most VFM buy when it comes to quenching thirst of enthusiast. Few things like, fire cracker 1.5D engine coupled with good ride, handling package, all necessary features and most important cheapest car to have 6 airbags. Figo might not be as appealing or spacious as Baleno or I20 but sure to plaster wide grin every-time you floor the throttle.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 00:11   #221

Talking re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

We have very few actual contenders this year. My vote goes for Renault Kwid. The other two contenders being Baleno and Figo. IMO, the Creta from the Hyundai Stable is not segment redefining, however it is the first affordable SUV from the Mass Market front runners (Hyundai) and has the looks to go with.

Baleno:- Though it seems destined to be a winner, it is relatively new and hence would have to wait for it to be available in the market before passing the verdict.

Figo:- Despite the fact that this car looks cool with the new Front Grille ala Aston Martin, has improved interiors (features like rear power windows, etc.) and is safer (6 airbags). It is not exactly a new car in the market as far as I am concerned or segment redefining. This is the new 'Figo', we had an old one too.
Old 15th December 2015, 00:54   #222
BHPian

OK folks, NDTV Car and Bike Awards for 2016 have been announced. The winner is Renault Kwid and the runner up is Hyundai Creta.

So it is exactly mirroring Team-bhp poll right now

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ndtv-car-a...from=home-auto
Old 15th December 2015, 07:42   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.r.K View Post
Wow! The go+ plus hasn't received even a single vote!
Even the avanti has two!
They don't even deserve to be in this list.
Last year had chance to check out Datsun GO at autocar performance show, to tell you it has pathatic interior fit and finish I have ever seen on any car, doors shut and make noise as if you are in state transport bus.
Avanti- No doubt its quite an eye candy, but at same time it's so called a sports car without single Airbag, that too after paying close to 45 lacs.
Old 15th December 2015, 09:37   #224
BHPian

My vote is for the S-Cross 320! I have not driven most of them in the list. However, the S-Cross 320 was one that made me during my short TD. The sheer torque makes it a driver's car and I somehow couldn't get the same kick in the Creta, its biggest competitor!
Just one doubt...Punto Abarth was not included for any particular reason?
Old 15th December 2015, 10:08   #225
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, quite a discussion.

To me, this year isn't as easy / obvious as it was in the previous editions (Nano, XUV500 etc.).

We've seen some manufacturers evolve & put their best foot forward in 2015. The Baleno is a surprise package for a budget Maruti, Mahindra R&D has grown leaps & bounds with the TUV300, the S-Cross 1.6L is brilliant, the Creta is the only 'can't go wrong' SUV for 15 lakhs and the CLA-Class demonstrates all that is right with the Mercedes (company) of today.

At the end, my mouse clicks in favour of the Renault Kwid. It definitely redefines the concept of what a 3 lakh hatchback should be, and the 70,000 bookings (despite the Renault brand) speak volumes of how it's hit the sweet spot in the market. The French got the pricing, styling, space, big boot, suspension & equipment levels spot on.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread