Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2015, 04:29   #106
BHPian

Kwid is zooming past Creta in this poll just like a drag race.

Initially both were neck to neck with the Baleno following.
Old 11th December 2015, 04:58   #107
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

Being a Hyundai Creta owner myself, I was initially too tempted to vote for it. However, I feel there are other worthy competitors out there for this coveted award.

1. Hyundai Creta - Has to be the best Compact SUV our market has seen as yet. Simply zoomed past ahead of the already established Duster and Ecosport in no time and even surpassing Hyundai's expectations says a lot about the overall product. Yes, it is over-priced but then as an overall package nothing comes close to it and it seems buyers are ready to splurge those extra bucks on it.

2. Renault Kwid - Absolute game Changer. Yes it has the potential. Priced astonishingly well by Renault. They have taken the bull by its horn, but sadly not everything is working in their favor. They've not been able to produce and deliver the cars early enough to the customers and having a 7-8 months waiting period is not going to dent any of the Alto sales either. Add to that, floods in Chennai have made the situation worse. Some reports of below expectation fuel efficiency is not doing a world of good for Renault either.

3. Ford Aspire - Brilliant package. Best looking compact sedan and that too by a mile. 6 Airbags were absolutely unheard of in this extra bang for your buck segment. 1.5 TDCI engine with 100PS on tap can put an ear to ear smile on faces of most of the driving enthusiasts here. Lastly the car has some excellent real world fuel economy figures too. What more could one ask for at the price it comes at?

My vote, purely on merit, goes to the Blue Oval this time for giving us the new Figo twins. And among the two siblings, it has to be the Aspire for being a slightly more VFM offering.
GameOfCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 06:15   #108
Senior - BHPian

Like some of the others I am not too enthused by any of the cars this year. I'll probably mull over it a while before deciding to vote (if at all).
Old 11th December 2015, 07:10   #109
BHPian

Voted for Kwid. I guess Kiwd was able to penetrate the Volume market of Maruti Alto to some extent.

Second option was TUV300. A practical Car from an Indian Manufacturer that's worth the price.

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2015 at 17:39. Reason: Language
arunrajk81 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th December 2015, 07:17   #110
BHPian

Kwid definitely is not my pick! No safety features, poor interior quality and puny engine. But then it might be a game changer in its segment.
Creta looks cute and has a laundry list of features but it is overpriced. Baleno is not premium in any way Maruti wants it to be.
I would have voted for Abarth Punto, the only hot hatch, if it were in the list.
Thus, my vote goes to Aspire. A neat package from the blue oval.
Old 11th December 2015, 07:20   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
Voted for Kwid . I guess Kiwd was able to penetrate to Volume market of Maruti Alto to some extend.
Second option was TUV.A practical Car from an Indian Manufacturer that worth for its Price.
Ditto. I 100% agree on this. Competing in Alto market is the toughest thing in indian auto market. So many tried and failed. But this one has made a real dent.
Thank you Renault. This is a awesome job,
Old 11th December 2015, 08:01   #112
BHPian

Considered Baleno and Kwid and Finally voted for Kwid.

As per my views these were the only two cars that drastically different from others for various reasons and deserve a Medal Each.

But Kwid is the winner as its taking on a very well established segment.

Regards
Old 11th December 2015, 09:01   #113
BHPian

Voted for Hyundai Creta for its all round package.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Creta, simply because of Hyundai's magical level of refinement in their new car's. Creta is also equipped with features that will satisfy most.

Looks wise it's like a slightly shrunken Santa Fe, which is a good thing as it's hard to differentiate from the rear view mirror.

I think COTY award will come down to the Kwid and Creta. Good luck Renault and Hyundai.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:20   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Just cannot believe that a tin-can with hardly any safety features is leading the pack :(

Not too difficult to imagine Renault crying from the rooftops that the Kwid is the TBHP COTY !

Last edited by condor : 11th December 2015 at 09:22.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 09:21   #116
BHPian

Creta it has to be; barring that fact that many of us have found it overpriced, but still went ahead bought it or advised our friends to look at it before buying.

- A product that does not look overpriced when you sit inside and value what it offers
- A product that has a feature list of 2 segments above
- A company which is good at understanding the market and supports their product ASS reasonably well
- HMIL products are reliable
- They are able to push through against the demand with reduced waiting period (compared to KWID if I may say so); kudos to their product planning, launch and market supply

Creta for me anytime
Old 11th December 2015, 09:27   #117
BHPian

I voted for the Renault Lodgy.

I am inclined towards functionality more than design and therefore felt that the Lodgy had ticked all the right boxes in terms of a people mover.

Considering that it has an efficient powertrain, 7 seats, loads of room and suitable options, I felt it offered more than the Innova for what it's meant to do.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:36   #118
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Creta - Though I do not think I shall be able to own one anytime soon, it has got great features for it's class, and the marketing/positioning by Hyundai is great !
Had a peep inside the Creta while at a Hyundai service center a few days back - the interiors are world class and Hyundai has not shortchanged the Indian public like so many others.
I am yet to see a Kwid in flesh and blood - thus did not vote for the same fully knowing that it has the potential to take away 10% or more from Alto market share, which in Indian context is huge.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:49   #119
BHPian

Voted for figo aspire. simply for the fresh looks, comparatively solid build quality, VFM proposition, punchy diesel and choice of auto petrol, practical affordable mass market proposition from ford. Aggressive marketing and improved ASS can work wonders for ford.

second choice would be kwid, beautifully designed and can become a dream first car for many, just like what maruti 800 was a decade back.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:59   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, the decision making process is certainly narrowing down, favoring the Mini Duster. Coming from a company like Renault, and competing in the aam janta, hamara Maruti segment and braking it down is no easy task.

However, for me, the best thing Kwid has done is to give the buyers of that segment a Choice. Truly a game changer. If it were for good safety features, the Kwid would've been the undoubted choice for this year.
Closed Thread