Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd August 2016, 19:18   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect

Duh! My Honda Connect app is tracking somebody else's car! Apparently, my car is 476 kms from where I am.

Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect-screenshot_20160819155807.jpg

This dude keeps idling his car for 10 or 15 mins everyday. Isn't this a serious security/privacy breach?
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:35   #32

Even i had similar problem but it got resolved automatically. Also, in my case it just doesn't show entire journey.
nitinbs is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 09:43   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Duh! My Honda Connect app is tracking somebody else's car! Apparently, my car is 476 kms from where I am.

This dude keeps idling his car for 10 or 15 mins everyday. Isn't this a serious security/privacy breach?
I too had these issues of app showing the wrong car location and trips marked as aerial distance between the points. But after last few updates, it is mostly accurate.
Try updating the app and see it helps, in case you are using the old version.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:57   #34
BHPian

Hello friends,

I have the Honda Connect installed on my Jazz V CVT from 22 April 2016.

It has been a pleasant experience so far - touch wood!

I have extensively used 2 features: Trips and Sharing.

Examples:
  • Trips
    Once I visited a customer in Pune, with a few colleagues. Unfortunately, I forgot to update HR with this info. At the month end, I was asked if I was on leave? I could not remember. I checked the Trip data. Voila! I updated HR with exact timing and distance traveled!

Another time, I forgot to punch in. I just checked my Trips, and updated HR with exact timings.
  • Sharing
    I travel regularly between Mumbai and Pune. It is just a 3~4 hours journey one way. However, it is a source of anxiety to my wife - specially when I travel in the evening - through Thane traffic! Now, all I do is to share my location on the whatsapp group, which contains my wife and daughters. Now, ALL of them know exactly where I am! A couple of times it happened that I got stuck in heavy bumper to bumper traffic. On reaching home, I was expecting my family to be tense - they were totally relaxed! Jai Honda Connect!

This is a very interesting incident! For the 15 Aug wala weekend, it was decided that the family will come to Mumbai instead of me going to Pune. So during the weekend before that I took the WagonR and left the Jazz in Pune. Afterall, for 5 persons the Jazz is definitely better than WagonR. I shared the location. Using this link, on my computer, I monitored their journey. My wife missed only one turn - and mind you - this was her first attempt! And I called up my daughter (the navigator for this trip) and gave corrective action instructions! My wife did a tension free driving, knowing that I was constantly monitoring the car. After the weekend romp, the return journey was like child's play to her! Again Jai Honda Connect!

The feature which is real good - but - and that is a BIG BUT - I am lazy. I fill petrol and do not update the km/qty/Rs/etc. I am still hoping to start using it. Let us see....

In fact, I am so happy with this feature that I am planning to add a tracker in my next car too - my Scorpio S10 AT fwd - expected some time in Sep 2016!

Another good feature is the Service History. I am sure this will be very useful at the time of selling the car! Long time for that - I know!

There are many more features. I am not marketing the product!! I am just describing what I liked.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote