Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th January 2016, 19:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Picture of thief buying a car on fake demand draft (Rajasthan) - Please help locate / identify h

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
I believe your statement above is incorrect. The dealer only has to insure that the insurance is in effect and that the car has temp registration. The dealer cannot insist on anything more.

I personally have purchased 2 cars with insurance done by my co. agent and the dealer only charged me for CRTM ( temp registration)
Technically not quite legal but condoned due to RTO delays, customer needs the car ASAP, dealer salesman needs to close the sale in time for his bonus etc.

Please see a direct quote from the rule book in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/110480-tc-registered-test-cars-dealerships.html#post2566860
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 14:44   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Picture of thief buying a car on fake demand draft (Rajasthan) - Please help locate / identify h

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I respectfully suggest that you misunderstood either my post or the rules quoted in your post.

The cars that I have purchased are not on TC ( TRADE CERTIFICATE ) plates. But on CRTM ( Temporary Registration).

So again, the insurance and the temporary registration need to be in place. Thats all you need to drive the car legally for a week / a month ( can't remember now).
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 15:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

You can drive it for a week - that is correct.

The thing is, the intent of a CRTM is for you to transport the car to the RTO for the purpose of registering it, or to a workshop for constructing a body (eg: a stock car that you send to dilip chhabria for mods, or a bus / truck barebones chassis that you send to a body building outfit. It is not meant for "regular use" as such.

CRTM is a must for dealers in any case, for quite some time now - RTOs around India established this rule.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18066110.cms

TC is different - it is for transporting the car from one of the dealer's locations to another, or from the factory to a dealer location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
I respectfully suggest that you misunderstood either my post or the rules quoted in your post.

The cars that I have purchased are not on TC ( TRADE CERTIFICATE ) plates. But on CRTM ( Temporary Registration).

So again, the insurance and the temporary registration need to be in place. Thats all you need to drive the car legally for a week / a month ( can't remember now).
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 20:04   #79
BHPian

If this person can get a fake DD made what stops him in making fake number plates I wonder?

With the cars number plates in place I doubt anyone would try and nab him
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2016, 12:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

What if he simply dismantles the cars and sells off the parts? Parts like mirror assemblies and engine components can give him decent returns. Even the glasses, seats etc. Anything he earns is almost entirely his profit given that he hardly invests in this deal from his pocket.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgehlot View Post
Mod Note: Police FIR has been verified. Please help locate / identify this person.

Attachment 1451032
Attachment 1451034

This post is specially for all the car dealers across India. The guy on the left has been taking delivery of the car by giving a Fake DD and giving reference of known people in the local area. Every time he takes the delivery he changes his name and takes the car on a fake ID. His actual name is still not clear and he usually does this in Rajasthan , Haryana and Punjab. Kindly forward this message if anyone knows any car dealer. Also anyone having any information about him please PM me.
Hi all, just came across this news in hindi newspaper Dainik Jagaran, Muzaffarpur edition. I'm not sure if this is the same chap but modus operandi seems to be same. I'm attaching the snap, as well as the link. Hopefully he is the same chap.

http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArtic...-3185-203.html
Attached Thumbnails
Picture of thief buying a car on fake demand draft (Rajasthan). EDIT: Culprit found?-img_20160402_175400.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd April 2016 at 17:55.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 13:04   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi all, just came across this news in hindi newspaper Dainik Jagaran, Muzaffarpur edition. I'm not sure if this is the same chap but modus operandi seems to be same. I'm attaching the snap, as well as the link. Hopefully he is the same chap.
Yeah, it does look like this is indeed the same chap. His history seems to be interesting and I wonder how he was able to roam around freely like that!!

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/De...cle8424910.ece
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote