Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th October 2017, 09:59   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra starts testing Ssangyong Tivoli in India

Spotted the Tivoli "undisguised" in GST Road Tambaram, Chennai.
While it was tailing me, assumed it to be a VW or Toyota. The logo from my IRVM was not very clear.
Allowed to overtake and found this.
The stance is very much inspired by mini-cooper.
Had a TN19 registration inside the rear windshield. So assuming this is given to some official of Mahindra Research Valley.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra starts testing Ssangyong Tivoli in India-ssangyyong_tivoli.png  

hamster is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 10:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Spotted the Tivoli "undisguised" in GST Road Tambaram, Chennai.

While it was tailing me, assumed it to be a VW or Toyota. The logo from my IRVM was not very clear.

Allowed to overtake and found this.

The stance is very much inspired by mini-cooper.

Had a TN19 registration inside the rear windshield. So assuming this is given to some official of Mahindra Research Valley.

Great shot.
Looks like a beefed up swift to my eyes. Looking at the images online, this will pass off as another small SUV.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 17:05   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its ssangyong Tivoli. Finally it might be coming to India.
Attaching an image of Tivoli here .
Hope if its coming to India, its priced with high value for money quotient.
Attachment 1680783
I second your sentiments - That VFM bit is vital in our market! It looks pretty gorgeous by & large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
.....I already can't see a reason why people will buy this over incumbents.
Possibly because the "incumbents" (the Nexon is the perfect inverted jelly mould in comparison) all look like clones of each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
With a decent pair of engines should be another XUV for Mahindra.
Couldn't agree more - I sincerely hope that apart from the other frills, M&M offer an AWD option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
You missed the "fairly large turbo-charger" which has been strapped on to the engine.
Huge power figures can be extracted from almost any engine with a big enough turbo, but how that power is produced affects its real world utility.
That's true VeluM, but one can't ignore the golden adage - with fixed engine displacement : the larger the T/C, the higher the rotor inertia & the higher the turbo-lag. Which would
defeat the whole purpose of the exercise!
shashanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 13:35   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice pic of the Tivoli between its Indian cousins. Thanks to Dr. Santosh Jeevannavar for sharing!

Mahindra starts testing Ssangyong Tivoli in India-image1.jpeg

Mahindra starts testing Ssangyong Tivoli in India-image3.jpeg

Mahindra starts testing Ssangyong Tivoli in India-image4-1.jpeg
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 23:28   #80
BHPian

Not sure if this is the actual Tivoli or Mahindra's Indian take of the same, but it does look very small! Almost hatchback like. Just look at the size difference between the TUV plus and this! Not sure if Mahindra can pull a "Brezza" here, if that's what they are trying to.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2017 at 07:38. Reason: Formatting
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 22:26   #81
BHPian

I have seen Tivoli very closely in Korea couple of months ago. I would say, it is definitely very agile in highway (happen to follow one for sometime with avg speeds of 110 kmph). Also the styling is distinctive for sure from front end. Many people in this thread quoted resemblance to Brezza, however, it must be noted that TIVOLI launched in Korea in 2015 Jan itself while Brezza came in almost year and half later. IMHO, Suzuki seem to have lifted the fog lamp elements from TIVOLI. Just because Suzuki selling Brezza in good numbers does not necessarily make it a great one. It is totally unjustified to compare Swift's rear lamps to this one. Swift's a bulged curvy one but Tivoli's wears straight drop flat lamp at the back. It's understandable that most of us have a common effect of comparing to what we see the most here on our roads.

M&M is reportedly planning to power this one with 1.5L TGDI engine. Turbo & Gasoline Direct injection are the proven ways for power density (Ford's EcoBoost) in Europe, especially in compact engines. It may be expected that the Torque & Power matches to the handling ability of this vehicle. It's a good effort from M&M and hope it grabs a decent market for M&M in compact SUV segment with right pricing.
Pam81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 10:22   #82
BHPian

The visible side profile of the hatch resembles with present generation Swift !

Let's hope the final product (except XUV) is good to look at; TUV plus badly needs a four pot, which seems to have found its way in the engine bay and good plush interiors to match with competition.
i74js is offline   Reply With Quote