Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2017, 14:54   #421
Senior - BHPian

Default re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Prashoy CL for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

The car has been spotted at a dealer stockyard in Calicut, Kerala.
A big to Prashoy CL for sharing the pics and Omkar for posting it here.

I think with the I20 CRDI not offering the all round discs anymore, this is the right car to get those pathetic OEM rims swapped to something with less number of spokes, paint those callipers in a tasteful shade and run circles around other mortal hatches !!
Vik0728 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:35   #422
BHPian

Default re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Same old interiors:
Attachment 1614499
Thanks for sharing

Looks like the handbrake has a better travel range in the RS. The current ones have a very short travel range!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:09   #423
Senior - BHPian

Name:  IMG20170301WA0039.jpg
Views: 4465
Size:  59.7 KB

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img20170301wa0038.jpg

Special thanks to BHPian Sidindica for sharing these pics of this white Baleno RS with us.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:25   #424
BHPian

Even I saw a couple of Balenos RS being unloaded from a truck today on GT Road Ludhiana, outside a Maruti dealer.
Old 1st March 2017, 21:41   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Even I saw a couple of Balenos RS being unloaded from a truck today on GT Road Ludhiana, outside a Maruti dealer.
I don't know about you car_crazy1400, but your post sounds cynical:

Couple of Baleno RSs being unloaded....on GT Road..
Vik0728 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 07:56   #426
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when is the launch date for the RS? I thought it was supposed to be this week.
Eagerly waiting for the prices.
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:39   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Any idea when is the launch date for the RS? I thought it was supposed to be this week.
Yes, it is tomorrow. And pricing is key! Hopefully Nexa has learned from the 1.6 MJD debacle.

Really glad to see the interest in BoosterJet. It is slightly detuned as expected - missing about 10 bhp and 20 Nm - but should still be potent. Fuel quality concerns aside, Maruti cannot afford to make it look like a thirsty engine. So, I guess they will be extra conscious till the market finds acceptability in a compact turbo petrol with direct injection. More reasons for not exploiting the total power from the engine.

I hope there is a strong continued demand for the Baleno RS. We need more of this engine in other MSIL offerings and also options across manufacturers. Ford has the Figo which is crying for that 1.0 EcoBoost and I really wouldn't mind a 1.2 TSi with MT on a Polo too.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Looks like the handbrake has a better travel range in the RS. The current ones have a very short travel range!
Will be interesting to know more about the design of the handbrake considering RS gets rear disc brakes. Might be a small drum brake within the hub.

Last edited by deetjohn : 2nd March 2017 at 09:55. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:06   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, it is tomorrow. And pricing is key! Hopefully Nexa has learned from the 1.6 MJD debacle.

Really glad to see the interest in BoosterJet. .
Well, my interest is since I need to upgrade from my 1.2 Ford and this was the only new car ,(hopefully in budget) that attracted me. The other one being the diesel Figo which I am strongly inclined to.
The space in the Baleno and being a turbo petrol is what I am leaning towards it for.
I am not a fan of its looks neither its feather weight. As long as it handles well and is somewhere close to my Figo, I don't mind, not to forget some good grunt.
You would know how difficult it will be to move on from a Ford that is a brilliant driving car.

Last edited by tharian : 2nd March 2017 at 15:08.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:42   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is going to be very interesting indeed.

Current difference between NA Petrol and Diesel is 1.1L INR. And I think they are smart enough to not price it at par with the diesel, because then they kill the demand for it at launch.

So what, a 50-60k over NA Petrol?
Going to be very intereting.
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:57   #430

I am really interested in this car, but the deal breaker for me right now is the absence of automatic variant. I hope they launch it by end of the year. Except for the automatic, this car has all the stuff I need, a strong 100 bhp engine, pretty decent fuel economy, and the most importantly, the reliability of Maruti.
Old 2nd March 2017, 22:29   #431
BHPian

My RM called me and informed that the Car will be on display from 0930 hrs, tomorrow.

Pricing may come later in the day. Probably, they'll wait for the Press conference in Delhi or Public announcement from the Company officials.
Old 3rd March 2017, 09:03   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, my interest is since I need to upgrade from my 1.2 Ford and this was the only new car ,(hopefully in budget) that attracted me.....You would know how difficult it will be to move on from a Ford that is a brilliant driving car.
I was commenting about the overall interest on the RS and BoosterJet.

I love the way Baleno looks. Suzuki got the rear and side profile absolutely spot on. Its got gorgeous curves! Great work with the subtle spoiler all around the RS too. At the front, I don't like the way the airdam is designed. The fog lights are way too much inside giving the car a top heavy feel and also spoils the stance. And not a fan of that super light body too. Safety aside, most new cars are already showing light dents on the doors which look really sad on that nice flowing curves.

On the inside, the space is amazing. So are those brilliant front seats and the superb NVH. The petrol moves like a hybrid. But I think a Swift is more engaging to drive. I think Baleno is targeted for effortless motoring in comfort. Though be in no doubt about the pace of the RS, it is going to go like stink.

Yes, Figo 1.2 is an underrated car. It shines in the city - that Duratec has tremendous drivability and is smooth to rev - not to forget the brilliant steering and the rewarding suspension. And if you have made peace with the lack of outright acceleration from the motor, it is very difficult to move on from it.

Anyways, enjoy the shopping!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 09:42   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was commenting about the overall interest on the RS and BoosterJet.
Yep, just gave you my reason

Quote:
On the inside, the space is amazing. So are those brilliant front seats and the superb NVH. The petrol moves like a hybrid. But I think a Swift is more engaging to drive. I think Baleno is targeted for effortless motoring in comfort. Though be in no doubt about the pace of the RS, it is going to go like stink.
These are what I am looking forward to!

Quote:
Yes, Figo 1.2 is an underrated car. It shines in the city - that Duratec has tremendous drivability and is smooth to rev - not to forget the brilliant steering and the rewarding suspension. And if you have made peace with the lack of outright acceleration from the motor, it is very difficult to move on from it.

Anyways, enjoy the shopping!

Very true and thank you.

Any idea if there is Live launch video iink?
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:21   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep,

Any idea if there is Live launch video iink?
A late evening unveiling, go to Nexa site for the link!

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd March 2017 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:23   #435
Senior - BHPian

Baleno RS : Made of Speed

Good to see the transformation in Maruti from "Kitna Deti Hai" to "Made of Speed"
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread