Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th January 2016, 16:05   #31

Smile Re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
It's OEM, he paid 45k for it with insurance for the lights and got it from vw west Delhi
I'm sorry but those aren't even remotely OEM. They're generic Taiwan BMW style Projectors. They're sold at my neighboring shop for 26K.

Here's a link for reference : http://www.twobrothers.co.in/descrip...5#.Voub1lLFtFQ

Looks like your friend's dealership pulled a fast one or your friend is just kidding you.
Harneet.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 16:15   #32
BHPian

Default Re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Looks like your friend's dealership pulled a fast one or your friend is just kidding you.
Sure looks like man! I'll be calling him out on this! Embarrassed!
zee_bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 21:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

More pics on the speculated Facelift Vento.

Quote:
While most of it appears similar to the existing model, a closer look at the front-end reveals a completely new headlight cluster. This new design comprises of a split lamp design with daytime running lights first seen in India with the facelifted Jetta. This sharply styled LED arrangement is a common design trait among Volkswagen’s global model range.
Name:  VolkswagenVentoExterior63324.jpg
Views: 9019
Size:  104.3 KB
Name:  VolkswagenVentoExterior63325.jpg
Views: 6619
Size:  90.3 KB
Name:  VolkswagenVentoExterior63326.jpg
Views: 6201
Size:  98.9 KB

http://www.carwale.com/news/21329-vo...d-testing.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th January 2016 at 21:46.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 21:51   #34
BHPian

Is it just angle, but one side of fog light seems to be from the old model, the circular one. Probably just the angle.
AtheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 06:39   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The below line in the article seems to indicate that this is not for India?

Quote:
While previous reports indicate that the new headlight design will be a part of the 2016 Vento, we have been told that Volkswagen currently has no such plans for the Indian market.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 12:24   #36

There have been discounts being offered on the Vento TSI in December, which I doubt were offered earlier.
So I guess this update might just be on its way, possibly for TSI.
If they do plan to launch a refreshed variant with these head lamps and also new touchscreen head-unit, it will make it a really cool car
Dugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 13:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugzy View Post
There have been discounts being offered on the Vento TSI in December, which I doubt were offered earlier.
So I guess this update might just be on its way, possibly for TSI.
If they do plan to launch a refreshed variant with these head lamps and also new touchscreen head-unit, it will make it a really cool car
Ya i got 37K discount on the TSI, but it was on the TDI DSG too. Guess this was more from the image hit and low number syndrome. As for the Facelift, even if it comes VW is going to add the prices and charge it from US only. Not that it will be done at the same price. The highline plus kit was also not free but charged at 38K odd or so.

If i have to talk about decent replacement headlight from third party vendors i can source it from 25-40K. A decent Touchscreen HU android make will come for 25k. So if VW goes ahead and gives this as a Highline Ultra Plus model, they will still plonk in a premium of anything from 40-70k. I can get stuff of my choice for 50k, so nothing that we will miss, until of course they end up being so generous that they just hike the price by 25k.
AtheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 13:14   #38
BHPian

Saw a series of these facelifted Ventos out on testing on the expressway last Friday evening. Sorry no pics as they were in the opposite direction. The DRLs do look very striking. I can only imagine the pain new Vento owners might be feeling when they see their "New" car being facelifted so soon.

Looking to get the Taiwan Eagle eyes, but does't 45k sound like a steep price, even if it is from the dealership? Prices are more around the 26-28k range.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 15:38   #39
BHPian

Those lights look like they are the Halogen version of the Polo GTI lights, which are offered on the Chinese version. Too bad, I was really hoping to be able to switch out my Polo GT's lights with these new ones.
apurva512 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 15:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Saw a series of these facelifted Ventos out on testing on the expressway last Friday evening. Sorry no pics as they were in the opposite direction. The DRLs do look very striking.
A Vento with DRL's was following me on the expressway last week. The DRL's do look striking and really uplift the look of the car. The Vento was accompanied by a left hand drive Polo with a 1.6 badging at the back. Both the cars joined the expressway at Lonavala and took a U turn from the Chakan/Talegaon toll plaza.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 15:51   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Those lights look like they are the Halogen version of the Polo GTI lights, which are offered on the Chinese version.
These are the LED headlamps with the DRLs not the halogen variant. The DRLs are visibly clear on the images on the first post.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 18:28   #42
Team-BHP Support

The Volkswagen twins have been around since the beginning of this decade, and I believe VW has no intention of replacing them immediately with the newer generation versions of the same, when they are globally launched, citing manufacturing costs. Perhaps, this is VW's way of keeping the interest alive in these cars, and it isn't the worst strategy. However, it certainly won't go down well with people who've just bought the cars.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 15:34   #43
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016

Post moved from the VW @ Auto Expo 2016 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No projectors - LED lamps for the low and high beams inside their respective barrels with reflectors.
Thanks Gannu for the clarification. It is wonderful news. Really tempted to go for this.

How would LED lamps with normal reflectors fare against a projector setup with HIDs typically in terms of lighting efficiency. Do you see any challenge in retrofitting this to the single barrel headlight polo/ventos.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th February 2016 at 15:37. Reason: Moved your post here to avoid the Auto Expo thread going OT.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 15:47   #44
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
How would LED lamps with normal reflectors fare against a projector setup with HIDs typically in terms of lighting efficiency.
From what I've read on the international forums, the performance isn't as good as the bi-xenons sold on the 6R variants but they run a lot cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Do you see any challenge in retrofitting this to the single barrel headlight polo/ventos.
Shouldn't we wait a bit longer? Come on! The car was showcased just today at the Auto Expo and we're thinking of retrofitting it already!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 18:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

LED Headlamp of 2016 VW Vento .

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing-5.jpg

http://www.autocolumn.com/2016-vw-am...version-spied/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote