Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th January 2016, 12:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

This info brings in more peace of mind for me, a Punto owner, but as a third-generation businessman, I must say I now have serious doubts about the capabilities and the level of market comprehension of the management of Fiat India.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 12:34   #47
BHPian

Default re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

Gotta be the biggest ever joke: Punto from 2009 to be launched as a new model in 2016 at the Auto Expo. How dumb can a car company get. look closely and the image is that of a three door variant
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!-1453989295_fiatindiateaser.png  

Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 12:49   #48
BHPian

Hey! At least they used an apt Heading of "Brace Yourself"
Let's just wait and watch.
RavSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 13:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Was enquiring on Punto evo and was told Punto pure to launch on 5th Feb.
In petrol and diesel, but only in a single trim. 4.5 ex showroom for petrol and approx 5.5 for diesel.

When asked on features, was told can't disclose before 5th.
Was typing from mobile app so couldn't type much.

Considering that there will be a single variant, my guess on the feature list would be the Active trim + some feature from the Dynamic

All 4 power windows
Maybe the audio system
Could have ABS, but without airbags
This is all that I think they can afford to provide in 4.5L.

On the -ve, I was contemplating to buy a Punto Evo Dynamic, in around 2-3 months and was in talk with a couple of dealers for heavy discounts on the petrol variant, but now they have started pushing this Pure version instead of giving good discounts on Evo.
I am sure I will not like the bare bones Punto Pure which they are launching @ 4.5.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 13:27   #50
BHPian

Speaking for myself I like the looks of the old Punto way more than the Evo.
rsidd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 21:33   #51
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Gotta be the biggest ever joke: Punto from 2009 to be launched as a new model in 2016 at the Auto Expo. How dumb can a car company get. look closely and the image is that of a three door variant
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Hey! At least they used an apt Heading of "Brace Yourself"
Let's just wait and watch.
But let's brace ourselves for few more days till the expo. I have a wired feeling that this might just be the 180HP Abarth! I sincerely hope they don't prove me wrong. My call is based on the whatever little I could guage from Mr. Kevin.

Let's see. Matter of few days
h14 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 21:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
But let's brace ourselves for few more days till the expo. I have a wired feeling that this might just be the 180HP Abarth! I sincerely hope they don't prove me wrong. My call is based on the whatever little I could guage from Mr. Kevin.

Let's see. Matter of few days
Highly possible
I don't think they would launch Punto Pure with all this drama. Looking at the phrase 'Brace Yourself', it's highly possible that it might be the Abarth. Forum member and Abarth Punto owner firstguri had posted saying that 180HP Abarth would be unveiled in Feb according to a tester. So yeah, let's brace ourselves
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 21:53   #53
h14
BHPian

Now, see this pic and scroll up and see the FB post. Strikes any chord?

Name:  IMG20160129WA0032.jpg
Views: 2861
Size:  26.9 KB
h14 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 00:21   #54
BHPian

Is it going to be the 180 BHP Abarth? Please God, Yes! Yes! (essesse)

[In the Abarth thread, there was a discussion of this being launched in Feb. ]
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 11:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Talking re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

OMG!!! yes it could be 180 BHP Abarth. It's going to be a GTI killer.

If true, this could be the news of the year for me. A 12.25 - 12.75 OTR.

Let the guess game starts now.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 12:08   #56
BHPian

Don't get too excited people. It's the good old Punto only. Tweaked the image a bit and here it is in its full glory. I wonder how can an automotive giant be so dump but still make brilliant cars. Just back from a drive in my 6 year old Linea and I still can't find any reason to hate it. I can only shed a tear for these cars coz these are now a dying breed. The ride, the way steering connects to you, brakes make you feel confident, the over all feel which makes driving a lot more pleasurable will be a rarity a few years down the line. Cars don't offer that mechanical feel ( or a soul) anymore. The ones that do have stupid parents.
I mean how many Abarths have they sold? What about the ads? Not even one proper abarth ad in the newspapers. Most images used are graphical images of these cars. Yeah that too for some of the most beautiful rides in the segment. I still want to be proved wrong. Since it's Fiat let's hope they used a wrong image to tease the essessee. Hope is something that's infinite for us Fiat owners after all.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!-img_20160130_114235.jpg  

Last edited by SUPERSPORT : 30th January 2016 at 12:17.
SUPERSPORT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 12:35   #57

In the teaser picture above from FIAT, I can't see the door handle for the rear-doors, so is this going to be a three door punto?
sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 13:30   #58
BHPian

Just to put cold water over "180 BHP" stuff. I have received multiple calls from Jay Vijay motors informing me that Punto Pure will be available at starting price of 4.5 something
fight_club is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Tweaked the image a bit and here it is in its full glory.
I wouldn't call that tweaked image 'in full glory'.

It is obvious that the car in the picture is a 3 door, isn't it? So is the Pure gonna be launched as a 3 door? It could also be a 180PS Abarth, with no definite launch date. However dumb Fiat might seem, I don't think they'll bring about so much hype over their 2009 model relaunch.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
It could also be a 180PS Abarth, with no definite launch date. However dumb Fiat might seem, I don't think they'll bring about so much hype over their 2009 model relaunch.
I doubt this is the 180PS Abarth, the 145 Abarth itself is not setting the sales charts on fire for Fiat. Only Fiat India can answer what exactly they have in mind. Unless they prove everyone wrong and pull a rabbit out of the hat.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote