Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd January 2016, 22:44   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!

Today I had a short talk with the RM. He said they are not offering discounts on any models after the price correction. Basically Maruti institutionalized the discounts they were giving last year end. Another interesting piece of info I got is atleast for their dealership even after the price correction majority of the people are going for 1.3. It is too early to judge though, we will know the real pattern only after a few months.
bijujj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 14:19   #137
BHPian

Visited Nexa Viman nagar, Pune to check out S-Cross 1.6.

Nexa experience was anything sans premium. In fact I didn't find any difference except suited RMs with TouchPads. Attaching herewith the price list after correction. In PMC 1.6 costs 1,418,416. When enquired about discounts he offered me further cash discount of 30k+10k corporate discount on alpha variant along with free basic accessories.

RM was below average in terms of car's knowledge. When I casually asked him 14L can get me XUV, Storme, Creta having better engine, space, NVH, features etc. then why should I buy S-Cross? He said Storme, Safari are not comfortable as rear wheel drive creates back ache
Even Nexa RM hasn't got out of habit of asking, Sir when are you making payment. Why every RM irrespective of car brand assumes the customer is sold on his car and eager to buy at that moment? I think this nagging creates uneasiness.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!-img_20160124_135755.jpg  

StepUP! is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 15:58   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
In PMC 1.6 costs 1,418,416. When enquired about discounts he offered me further cash discount of 30k+10k corporate discount on alpha variant along with free basic accessories.
Are the discounts offered for 2015 or 2016 model?
mrbaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 17:42   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Are the discounts offered for 2015 or 2016 model?
He told me this is for Jan 2016 car. Though I am apprehensive as he was pressing me to close the deal before Jan end.
StepUP! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 17:49   #140
BHPian

Quote:
He told me this is for Jan 2016 car. Though I am apprehensive as he was pressing me to close the deal before Jan end.
2016 stocks are expected to hit the showrooms by Jan end as per my RM so that is realistic.
mrbaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 18:25   #141
BHPian

I was told no discounts for Jan models but as per your confirmation I might visit the showroom again for a similar discount in NCR. Thanks a ton for bringing this up. Another 50k odd does a world of good for the missile 1.6.
hondacity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 11:20   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Visited Nexa Viman nagar, Pune to check out S-Cross 1.6.

Nexa experience was anything sans premium. In fact I didn't find any difference except suited RMs with TouchPads. Attaching herewith the price list after correction. In PMC 1.6 costs 1,418,416. When enquired about discounts he offered me further cash discount of 30k+10k corporate discount on alpha variant along with free basic accessories.

RM was below average in terms of car's knowledge. When I casually asked him 14L can get me XUV, Storme, Creta having better engine, space, NVH, features etc. then why should I buy S-Cross? He said Storme, Safari are not comfortable as rear wheel drive creates back ache
Even Nexa RM hasn't got out of habit of asking, Sir when are you making payment. Why every RM irrespective of car brand assumes the customer is sold on his car and eager to buy at that moment? I think this nagging creates uneasiness.
Thank you for the pricelist. I am waiting for the launch of Brezza. Maybe that puts pressure on the 320 for another round of price cuts . Though the current price seems spot on. Never know how the market reacts.
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 12:56   #143
BHPian

IMHO current pricing of the S-Cross is justified for the product they are offering. Anything more we ask would be greedy I suppose compared to the competition and what they are offering! If they had priced S-Cross like today during the launch, 320 would have been hot cake with enthusiasts. We would have seen many S-Cross 1.6 bhpians from day 1, even if it was 25-30k more than current price. If Maruti wanted greedy margins they should have gone the ecosport way of small price increases every now and then starting with this price but definitely not like insane pricing during launch. Maruti was dangerously close to killing a great product on its own but somehow they managed to walk freely if not sprints with this price correction. Positive hope is that it will do well now. It should be a lesson for all manufacturer's looking at insane margins even at the cost of giving good product.

Last edited by TorqueManR : 25th January 2016 at 13:01.
TorqueManR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:29   #144
BHPian

Can the HID projector headlamps from the Alpha version be fitted into the Zeta version after purchase? Its what gives S-Cross a decent look upfront and I don't need other features from Alpha.
anycatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:49   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Can the HID projector headlamps from the Alpha version be fitted into the Zeta version after purchase? Its what gives S-Cross a decent look upfront and I don't need other features from Alpha.
From various reports, you can't. This is still not sold as an accessory for other variants IIRC.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 07:25   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Ridiculous comparison, buying a mobile has a difference of few thousands and not couple of lacs. If this happens to you, maybe then you would understand...
Ford has sliced prices of ecosport by over a lakh. poor chaps who bought is a few days before the price cut.
MSIL has refunded the extra amount to the previous buyers of S-cross. Will ford do the same?
autobahnjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 11:40   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Thank you for the pricelist. I am waiting for the launch of Brezza. Maybe that puts pressure on the 320 for another round of price cuts . Though the current price seems spot on. Never know how the market reacts.
Post budget, the prices of the S-Cross have hit Rs. 14,90,000/- or thereabouts. Doesn't offer any good value. I'd say the right price would be in the region of 13.5L to 13.9L for the top end variant. The launch of the Brezza is going to take quite a few buyers away from the S-Cross owing to better looks and an overall acceptable package.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 13:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Post budget, the prices of the S-Cross have hit Rs. 14,90,000/- or thereabouts. Doesn't offer any good value. I'd say the right price would be in the region of 13.5L to 13.9L for the top end variant. The launch of the Brezza is going to take quite a few buyers away from the S-Cross owing to better looks and an overall acceptable package.
IMO value is subjective to competitor offerings. Sadly all the vehicles have seen an increase in the prices owing to the budget. S-Cross is essentially competing with the Creta, who's top-end is around 3L more expensive (and the main difference being 4 additional airbags that come in the Creta).
Comparatively, the S-Cross is terrific VFM boasting as good an engine, features, better ride/handling. The interiors and space is a notch below the Creta, but are they worth the 3L difference for not a very significant difference?

I believe the actual ex-showroom price difference works out to INR 2-2.5L between the fully loaded Brezza, and S-Cross 1.6L; for which you get a better engine, better interiors, more space, better ride/handling, etc.
Yes - the Brezza will still take away buyers from the Creta 1.4, and S-Cross 1.3 no doubt owing to it's better looks & pricing; but I doubt it's impact on the S-Cross 1.6 & Creta 1.6.
(Though if it manages to, I doubt many would complain if they get an additional discount on the 1.6 S-Cross )
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 15:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
MSIL has refunded the extra amount to the previous buyers of S-cross. Will ford do the same?
Are you sure Maruti has done this?
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 15:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Are you sure Maruti has done this?
Read the last few pages of S-Cross reviews thread. Some people have got a cheque of 90K along with some premium service pack or something like that. The money and service pack is I guess for Alpha variants, others have got only service packs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3930381 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 14th March 2016 at 15:45.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote