Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 00:32   #526
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,293
Thanked: 18,822 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
@ Vidyut - you either need to keep accompanying Ajmat on the Jetta drives or get a used sample for yourself at 8-9 lakhs then Boy, I still love the fact that I paid 16.9 OTR for my CL TDI.
Hahahaha. I couldn't stop but laugh at this because coincidentally Ajmat and me are just back from 1300kms drive to Goa day before yesterday in his Jetta

Quote:
Don't get me wrong guys. I neither hate City, nor Honda. In fact, I think Honda is one of the better manufacturers out there. I am quite eagerly waiting for Honda to relaunch Civic - a car built for the world, to the world standards.
When the new City VX CVT was launched around 13-14 lakhs I actually thought on paper it would be able to replace the Corolla.

Then I sat inside and drove it. The thought went out the window within minutes of driving one. After that drive I used one for a week (diesel) and accompanied friends for a test drive. Every time I drove one, I just couldn't accept it. On paper with features it always seems a perfect car till you sit inside.

Quote:
I am just stunned at how atrociously the top variants of City are priced. It's the underlying platform, engine, chassis that make the car, not just FEATURES.
Very well said. Features don't make the car. The Honda does have the engine but misses out on the others.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 00:40   #527
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,424
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I am quite eagerly waiting for Honda to relaunch Civic - a car built for the world, to the world standards.
Me too, though based on the current City pricing, I'm sure I won't be able to afford the Civic when it comes. The earlier car was one of the prime reasons I became so addicted with cars in life.

That said, it's not yet built to world standards. Hope they iron out all the issues before the India launch later this year.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-feedback.html (Consumer Reports pulls recommendation for Honda Civic after negative customer feedback)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2017 at 00:48.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 01:10   #528
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,045
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Unhappy Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Don't get me wrong guys. I neither hate City, nor Honda. In fact, I think Honda is one of the better manufacturers out there.
Yes, Honda makes great cars. But there is one problem.

I was at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2015, and I took photos of all the products showcased by Honda. They had great cars there, but none destined for India.

I also test drove 3 Honda cars on track while in Japan. Two of those cars were a hoot to drive. The car I least liked (BR-V) was the only car that made it to India.

I recently reviewed the Accord Hybrid too, which had interiors of a 20L car, but with 40L price tag.

Honda earned the respect of Indian customers via Honda City during the previous decade. But they lost it somewhere along the way. Right now, the Indian stable of Honda doesn't have a single car that excites me.
Samurai is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 07:29   #529
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 300 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

I wonder why a customer buying ZX variant is shortchanged by Honda w.r.t Safey features. I was comparing the safety features with the malyasian model (https://www.honda.com.my/model/major...ent/allnewcity)

Here is my analysis ( ?? means I am not sure 100%)

Dual Front SRS Airbags - Available
Side Curtain Airbags - Available i
Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) - Not available
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) - Not available
Hill Start Assist (HSA) - Not available
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) - Available
Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) - Available
Brake Assist (BA) - Not available ??
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body - Available
Rear Seat ISO Fix - Available
Ultrasonic Sensor - Not available
Front Seat Pretensioner Seatbelt with Load Limiter - Not available??
Rear Seatbelt 3-Point ELR (X3) - Not available??
G-Force Control Technology (G-CON) Body - Not available??

i-Side Airbags - Not available??
Driver's Seat Knee Bolster - Not available??

Driver and Assistant Seatbelt Reminder - Driver side available. Assistant side not available??
Security Alarm with Immobiliser - Available

I was hoping Honda would provide VSA and HSA with this facelift.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 07:46   #530
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I wonder why a customer buying ZX variant is shortchanged by Honda w.r.t Safey features. I was comparing the safety features with the malyasian model (https://www.honda.com.my/model/major...ent/allnewcity)

Here is my analysis ( ?? means I am not sure 100%)

Dual Front SRS Airbags - Available
Side Curtain Airbags - Available i
Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) - Not available
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) - Not available
Hill Start Assist (HSA) - Not available
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) - Available
Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) - Available
Brake Assist (BA) - Not available ??
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body - Available
Rear Seat ISO Fix - Available
Ultrasonic Sensor - Not available
Front Seat Pretensioner Seatbelt with Load Limiter - Not available??
Rear Seatbelt 3-Point ELR (X3) - Not available??
G-Force Control Technology (G-CON) Body - Not available??

i-Side Airbags - Not available??
Driver's Seat Knee Bolster - Not available??

Driver and Assistant Seatbelt Reminder - Driver side available. Assistant side not available??
Security Alarm with Immobiliser - Available

I was hoping Honda would provide VSA and HSA with this facelift.

If they give us everything now what will remain for the 2019 edition?

It is a classic technique they all employ for us Indians. Give the features out in instalments. For example: SCross does not have a rear a/c vent currently... it may soon get it in the facelift.

Really Pathetic...

Just to add to the earlier post...

Get the missing features in the next edition and charge us another lakh...

Regards
Bharath

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Also, please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th February 2017 at 09:16. Reason: Back to back posts.
bharath79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:18   #531
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 645
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
City ZX at 13.5 lac suffers from three serious problems:
1. Rear suspension- It is not just lousy but potentially dangerous. Slight dimples in roads causes violent bouncing, scaring me and passengers alike. The same road is easily covered by Figo at same speed without feeling anything wrong.
2. Build quality- My god, what a mangled mess. Bumpers are always misaligned even if the car is freshly delivered from factory. This is honestly a minor issue which Honda can fix with minimal extra cost. Why not just do it, Honda?!
3. CVT transmission- May be I just don't know how to drive a CVT car despite years of experience riding my little TVS Scooty. Power is there, sure, but when I need to overtake someone, power goes hiding somewhere. Even Ciaz with its stone-age torque converter and weak 1.4L engine feels more confident to drive.
1. Agreed. The car does unsettle on sharp edges. But that is not in a violent way unless you are driving it too fast say above 80 or 100 km/h. But, even an Innova would violently shake at this speeds over sharp edges and potholes. Experienced as a passenger.
2. Agreed. This is the one Honda needs to take care at this price point. Bumpers, panel gaps etc.
3. Partially Agree - You're right in saying overtaking is a pain. But this mainly applies to quick overtaking in 'D' mode driving. At 'S' mode combined with paddle shifters you can really overtake effortlessly. I have done it many times but yes there has to be a planning. The positive side is that the FE is not really bad in a CVT. Again agree that the CVT is not for enthusiasts but nor will be any automatics in this segment. You are welcome to try on my car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Do you sir even know what gearbox is used in the entry level scooters? I guess if you knew, you wouldn't have made this 'mature' comment against the childish comparison
You're right Sir. But wondering if you have ever driven a car? I have driven both a scooter and the City CVT.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 16th February 2017 at 09:39. Reason: Updated comments
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:51   #532
BHPian
 
DevilsCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 557
Thanked: 500 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
1. The car does unsettle on sharp edges. But that is not in a violent way unless you are driving it too fast say above 80 or 100 km/h. But, even an Innova would violently shake at this speeds over sharp edges and potholes.
Yes. I'm talking about 80 kph. Still somewhat sub-standard at 60 kph. Below it, City is all fine.

Quote:
At 'S' mode combined with paddle shifters you can really overtake effortlessly.
Yeah, I feel that with some practice with CVT can sort out the problem. No autobox is perfect, not even dual clutch one. There is still lag in downshifting during the moment of overtake. No need to TD CVT anymore. Too expensive to purchase now.
DevilsCry is offline  
Old 16th February 2017, 11:17   #533
mxh
BHPian
 
mxh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 210
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
City ZX at 13.5 lac suffers from three serious problems:
1. Rear suspension- It is not just lousy but potentially dangerous. Slight dimples in roads causes violent bouncing, scaring me and passengers alike. The same road is easily covered by Figo at same speed without feeling anything wrong.
2. Build quality- My god, what a mangled mess. Bumpers are always misaligned even if the car is freshly delivered from factory. This is honestly a minor issue which Honda can fix with minimal extra cost. Why not just do it, Honda?!
1. Sounds like you got a faulty car OR have some suspension damage due to some previous escapade. I have travelled with full family and luggage including 5 year old kid in back seat and don't face violent bouncing. Please get your suspension checked.
2. My bumper and everything is aligned properly but I have seen lots of complaints from people on this. What is the manufacturing month and year of your vehicle?
For me the biggest point of disappointment has been the petrol MT gearbox which isn't smooth enough. I think I probably got a bad piece since I don't see many people complaining about the gearbox. I ask the SC to rectify it on every visit, but nothing has been done. Other than that I wish the service costs were lower, it's expensive for a 6 month service. The service advisor called me few days ago for the service reminder. Seems Honda has increased the prices basic service items like Oil (now it costs more than 1900 vs around 1000 earlier) and Filters. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by mxh : 16th February 2017 at 11:19.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:39   #534
BHPian
 
deerhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: PGT/PDY
Posts: 264
Thanked: 578 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Seems Honda has increased the prices basic service items like Oil (now it costs more than 1900 vs around 1000 earlier) and Filters. Can anyone confirm?
Honda has recently reduced the prices of synthetic oil used in ASS. It used to be around 2800 before, now it is around 1800. So, my overall service costs have come down quite a bit.
deerhunter is offline  
Old 16th February 2017, 11:50   #535
BHPian
 
SchumiFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 849
Thanked: 696 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
The newly released Vento Highline Plus AT is 12.67 ex-showroom. It is feature-wise comparable to City VX CVT. Top of the line Vento diesel is 14.09 ex-showroom. Beat that!!
Not sure which city you are mentioning but Vento Highline Diesel AT is 12.88L Ex-showroom in Bangalore.

It would be helpful if you can tell us where you got this info from. I used Carwale and the numbers mentioned by you is having a massive difference to the one shown on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
They have released a new top variant called Highline Plus AT, with led headlights etc. The price I mentioned is for that.

Link
You are comparing the Vento Diesel AT with City Diesel MT. The Highline Plus MT Diesel is 12.81L and is a lac below the City VX.

Both the cars are missing a few features on each of their variants compared to the other and can't really pin down the price of each feature.

But one thing is for sure LED is costly and Ignis' price seems justified now

If one wants a proper diesel with no blings, Vento Highline at 11.62 seems likee a good proposition.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 16th February 2017 at 12:19.
SchumiFan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:51   #536
mxh
BHPian
 
mxh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 210
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
Honda has recently reduced the prices of synthetic oil used in ASS. It used to be around 2800 before, now it is around 1800. So, my overall service costs have come down quite a bit.
They have reduced the rate only for synthetic I guess. The mineral oil - 5W30 which they filled last time in my car was 1000 something. According to the SA, even mineral oil price has now increased to 1600+. He also mentioned there are increases in service charges. BTW, what is the grade of the synthetic oil they put in your car? If synthetic is used, would the change interval still remain 6 months or can it go 1 year?
mxh is offline  
Old 16th February 2017, 11:53   #537
BHPian
 
deerhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: PGT/PDY
Posts: 264
Thanked: 578 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Not sure which city you are mentioning but Vento Highline Diesel AT is 12.88L Ex-showroom in Bangalore.

It would be helpful if you can tell us where you got this info from. I used Carwale and the numbers mentioned by you is having a massive difference to the one shown on their website.
They have released a new top variant called Highline Plus AT, with led headlights etc. The price I mentioned is for that.

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
They have reduced the rate only for synthetic I guess. The mineral oil - 5W30 which they filled last time in my car was 1000 something. According to the SA, even mineral oil price has now increased to 1600+. He also mentioned there are increases in service charges. BTW, what is the grade of the synthetic oil they put in your car? If synthetic is used, would the change interval still remain 6 months or can it go 1 year?
I think they stopped offering mineral oil for the City. There was a discussion about it in the official review thread and many could not believe such a low price for fully synthetic oil. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4098329 (Honda City : Official Review)

I never followed the 6 month guideline. I always changed the oil every 10k kms (that is around 1 year for me).

Last edited by deerhunter : 16th February 2017 at 12:00.
deerhunter is offline  
Old 16th February 2017, 12:09   #538
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,424
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
The newly released Vento Highline Plus AT is 12.67 ex-showroom. It is feature-wise comparable to City VX CVT. Top of the line Vento diesel is 14.09 ex-showroom. Beat that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
They have released a new top variant called Highline Plus AT, with led headlights etc. The price I mentioned is for that.
Sorry. Think there is a small confusion there.

14.09L is for the TDI DSG variant, which doesn't have an equivalent competitor in the City lineup.

Volkswagen Vento HighLine Plus 1.5 TDI MT is priced at 12.67, which as you said can be compared to the VX MT diesel at 12.89L. Volkswagen Vento HighLine Plus 1.2 TSI DSG AT is priced at 12.81L which is better than City VX CVT at 12.84L.

Either ways, Vento is cheaper even when compared to the second variant of the City. While offering way superior tech like the 1.2 TSi turbo petrol engine, 7 speed DSG transmission, ESP etc for the petrol automatic, and a much more refined and powerful (110ps at the wheels compared to 100ps at the crank) motor for the diesel.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2017 at 12:22.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 12:12   #539
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,057
Thanked: 515 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Honda is offering so-much this time with the updated City. I am in love with all sans one. Beige color interior trim. They should have offered an all black as an option at least. I like black interiors. ZX CVT with all-black interiors in a Silver/White body would have been my next car. ZX CVT is already overpriced. Any custom mod black interiors will further inflate the price. Hope Honda will provide the same dash and AVN in BRV CVT to make it a worthy contender.

Cheers!
myavu is offline  
Old 16th February 2017, 12:28   #540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 337
Thanked: 263 Times
Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Went to Linkway Honda to have a look at that new colour. Changed my booking from Golden Brown metallic to Modern Steel metallic. All the cars in this colours have been allotted to other customers, let's see if there is any cancellation otherwise will get the delivery not before next month.
I signed the sales contract yesterday for the ZX CVT in Carmelian Red. Unfortunately my Dealer, Arya Honda, will know the allotment status only by next week. I am in no hurry anyways, unlike during my BRV purchase,where I was short of 1 vehicle in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Honda is offering so-much this time with the updated City. I am in love with all sans one. Beige color interior trim. They should have offered an all black as an option at least. I like black interiors.
My experience with Black interiors on the erstwhile A4 and current BRV, hasn't been very pleasing. It makes the car very dull, dark and boring inside.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 16th February 2017 at 12:30.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 223 15th December 2016 16:58
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 52 9th June 2016 10:41
Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs amithsebastian The Indian Car Scene 30 23rd May 2015 17:49
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs himanshugoswami The Indian Car Scene 1108 30th October 2014 13:48
BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day. EDIT: Launched at 27.9 Lakhs sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 46 22nd February 2013 10:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks