Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2017, 07:06   #631
BHPian

Default Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

For reference, prices for Pune PMC area (click for larger image)

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-honda-city-2017-prices-pune-pmc.jpg
Old 20th February 2017, 11:22   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Does you're car have Halogen Headlights (I know V has them), but in the image you have attached, the light seems to be more white/blueish rather then the usual mild yellow. Am I missing something ?
That is a good spot - I got the headlights changed that evening to LEDs (not the kind that Honda does, but the kind that replace the Halogens).
Augustus_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 11:44   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
So now we have a facelifted, more premium City in a league of its own. Add a few airbags and a few cosmetic upgrades, it suddenly is no longer competing with the Ciaz or Vento, but more as threat to the likes of Elantra and Corolla in terms of pricing. I was checking at the facelifted City in Malaysia; the top variants have VSC, hill-start assist, 3-point seat-belt for all rear passengers etc. Probably Honda India did not want to position the City right in the D-segment and hence avoided those features.
You know Honda has always been stingy. I would accept the price of the top-end version and even accept the Corolla/Elantra comparison if they gave things like VSC, hill-hold, 3-point rear seat belts like the international version. But they do just enough and the fault lies with the competition, especially when cars like the Corolla continue to offer two airbags and no ESP.
StarScream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:03   #634

Saw the New Honda city 2017 on Saturday
well After a test drive and a look around the car features etc. still feel my honda city 2015 is much better.
What I liked on the new car are:Outside.
1. The DRLs in the front head lamps
2. The LED head lamps , Fog Lamps and rear lights with of course the new rear spoiler.(these though) are only cosmetic in ones.
3. Not a fan of the new alloy rims I prefer the 2015 model kinda unique if you ask me.
4. ride quality and dynamics of the car ( Drove the ZX model) felt the same .

On the Inside:
1. What i miss ( in my car 2015) are the IRVMs that close when car is locked .
2. The auto dimming rear view mirror.
3. The touch screen and large main system.
4.the cladding on the boot lid.
5.Alloy spare wheel.
6.the dash soft touch though only on ZX version.
7. The most important observation when I roll up and down the driver side in particular window in my car 2015 the door card used to move this car doesn't.

What still is a miss are the rear sensors, the thermocol ( not sure what it is called ) placed inside the spare wheel with tool kit, THE MOST IMPORTANT THE FORGIVE ME THE DAM HORN IS STILL THE WORST PROBLEM SOUNDS LIFE A LIFELESS WINE !
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:35   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Got a chance to see 2017 edition yesterday, here is the link (Honda City : Official Review).

The on-road price of a top variant Petrol CVT in Bangalore comes close to 17 lakhs. Check the dashboard finish
A picture from 2017's cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Do you see any difference in terms of fit and finish ?
Dashboard of my 2014 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I think it's just the photo angle which is making it look different. Also, the Updated model gets Soft Touch Dashboard, hence the finish is slightly different though I line with what Thai/Malaysia Spec City has.

Refer the image.
Attachment 1610299
I doubt itís the camera angle which makes it look so. Maybe I am wrong, posting few more shots of the 2017's dashboard from different views for others to decide.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-1.jpeg  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-2.jpeg  

Scorpion 10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:10   #636
BHPian

Carwale has done a very interesting analysis and comparison:

What else can you buy for the price of a 2017 Honda City

It's a purely price based comparison, very helpful for cross-shopping comparisons in the same budget range. It's listed per variant as the price difference between the entry-level petrol and top-end diesel is huge.

Quote:
So how then does competition stand up to the individual variants of the City. Read on then to see our variant wise break up of what you can buy for the price of a 2017 Honda City

Last edited by jetti : 20th February 2017 at 14:12.
jetti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:24   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
7. The most important observation when I roll up and down the driver side in particular window in my car 2015 the door card used to move this car doesn't.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THE FORGIVE ME THE DAM HORN IS STILL THE WORST PROBLEM SOUNDS LIFE A LIFELESS WINE !
What exactly does point no. 7 say? I am lost in its Grammar.
What do you need a loud horn for? Honking per se is bad enough. Keep your hands off the honker, count till 10 and move on. Life is much more relaxed that way, than honking and irritating the hell out of you and the pedestrians along with the not-at-fault surrounding environs.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:34   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
What exactly does point no. 7 say? I am lost in its Grammar.
What do you need a loud horn for? Honking per se is bad enough. Keep your hands off the honker, count till 10 and move on. Life is much more relaxed that way, than honking and irritating the hell out of you and the pedestrians along with the not-at-fault surrounding environs.
Pre facelift City has this peculiar habit that whenever you raise the window glass, the door pad moves in a little bit, and it moves out when you lower the glass.

City horn works well most of the time, but sometimes it sounds like a scooter horn.

Last edited by deerhunter : 20th February 2017 at 14:35.
Old 20th February 2017, 14:52   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The cost of 4 additional side and curtain airbags (two front ones being standard) will cost atleast 1.5 lakhs extra if provided as an option. Maybe will cost even higher if you add in the airbag sensors, control units and other fitments.
Yet; when I picked up my Ecosport last November; it gave me 4 additional airbags (with the sensors of-course!), leather seats, DRL, rain-sensing wipers, scuff-plates, bit more of chrome and leather inserts, auto-dimming IRVM - all at a premium of MERELY 65K compared to the previous version.

Honda is being stingy with the features of India specific City, and commanding a huge premium across variants.
anurag.somani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 16:22   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Yet; when I picked up my Ecosport last November; it gave me 4 additional airbags (with the sensors of-course!), leather seats, DRL, rain-sensing wipers, scuff-plates, bit more of chrome and leather inserts, auto-dimming IRVM - all at a premium of MERELY 65K compared to the previous version.

Honda is being stingy with the features of India specific City, and commanding a huge premium across variants.
The price difference is the same for the City too. Addition of 68k (Delhi ex showroom) over the price of VX CVT will give you 6 airbags, all around LEDs, automatic headlight control, rain sensing wipers, rear spoiler and adjustable rear head restraints.

Last edited by deerhunter : 20th February 2017 at 16:24.
deerhunter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 20:18   #641
Senior - BHPian

I think City has maxed out in terms of features. Added LEDs, Crome, Diamond Cuts, Buttons, 12Vs, everywhere possible. I am thinking what's the next logical step?
BTW why they say its ABS with EBD while rears are still drum brakes?
Old 21st February 2017, 00:07   #642
BHPian

In Hyderabad, the new city zx diesel costs 16.44 and the ciaz zdi+ costs 12.56. Sincerely, how many of you justify this huge price gap and why?
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 02:53   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
In Hyderabad, the new city zx diesel costs 16.44 and the ciaz zdi+ costs 12.56. Sincerely, how many of you justify this huge price gap and why?
Nothing in this segment matches diesel Ciaz for the value it offers. It remains the most sensible choice in the C2 segment.

But comparing Ciaz Zdi+ and City ZX is not fair because ZX offers many more features that are not exactly cheap. A more appropriate comparison would be between Zdi+ and City V, which are more or less equally equipped. But the OTR price difference is still around 1.5 lakhs. Price difference between petrol models are much less though.
deerhunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 04:26   #644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
I would not buy the Honda city at 16L but
Around 1.6- 2L can be attributed to the 6 airbags and LED headlights.
The other 2L though I can't justify.
So I guess you can say it's the Honda premium.
I think it's a unanimous concensous that the new Honda city is overpriced at the ZX trim.
But, the value of a good or service is dependent on the buyer. Simple as that. He or she will pay if they feel it's giving value to them. So this price bashing will lead to nothing.
Eg. S Cross. Buyers did not buy, ergo rates had to be cut.
Creta, huge demand, rates increased.
No one is forcing anyone to pick the Honda city, and pick the top end, it's all upto the person signing the cheque. Market demand will dictate the succes or failure of the product. Hell, if I'm selling something at 10, and feel that there will be sufficient demand at 15, I'll sell at 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
BTW why they say its ABS with EBD while rears are still drum brakes?
Doesn't make a difference. My Polo has ESP with rear drums.
Ebd is just brake force distribution. Pedestrian level technology.

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 21st February 2017 at 04:28.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 07:50   #645
BHPian

Quick question for tyre experts here: I did a PDI for the VMT variant which I chose. Which tyres do you recommend: MRF ZVTS or Goodyear Assurance? The PDI car has MRF, but can ask the dealers to swap if you all think this is a great idea. If both are of the same genre, never mind

EDIT: Not sure if I saw MRF ZVTS or ZVTV!

Last edited by quadmaniac : 21st February 2017 at 07:51.
Closed Thread