Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th June 2016, 21:47   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio & XUV500 get new 1.99L mHawk diesel engine

Automatic variants launched! No W4 variant though.

Quote:
The automatic variants miss out on the Micro-Hybrid start/stop function which is offered on the manual variants. The W10 AT doesn’t get the brake-regeneration feature and the W8 misses out on the push-button start feature. The W6 AT variant, however, comes with Electronic Stability Program, which the manual W6 doesn’t get. The other features are the same as that of the manual counterparts.
Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):

W6: Rs 14.51 lakh

W8: Rs 15.94 lakh

W10: Rs 17.31 lakh

Source: Autocar India
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 16:12   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
Guys, has anyone taken the delivery of 1.99 version in NCR, wanted some feedback on the performance before i make the booking.

The dealers are not offering test drives on the 1.99 engine XUV, but they say deliveries started last week.
Two days back I took a test ride of the 1.99 Scorpio as also XUV. The scorpio is a bit of a disappointment in terms of ride quality and handling as I am comparing with my 2005 model which I drove for 9 years clocking 3 lacs km and it still rode exceedingly well. There was a different quality even in base models in those days from Mahindra- the steering wheel was coated with a soft base, the gear knob was a delight to hold, the doors really closed with a thunk, the rear door and guard was sturdy beyond imagination- I can't say I liked the ride of the new 1.99 Scorpio. It just didn't excite me while I drove it.

The XUV 1.99 I did not find any difference in handling, the pickup, etc from the older 2.2. Someone has remarked in this thread that they are wary of buying a new product from Mahindra immediately before it has been tested in the market, and this is what has kept me from buying this straight off.

It appears I would go for the new Innova crysta. Does anyone have clarity on whether the SC has accepted the 1% additional cess and cleared engines above 2 litres to be sold in the NCR? The toyota dealer in Noida says that they do not yet have clarity.
rajivrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 12:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
Two days back I took a test ride of the 1.99 Scorpio as also XUV. The scorpio is a bit of a disappointment in terms of ride quality and handling as I am comparing with my 2005 model which I drove for 9 years clocking 3 lacs km and it still rode exceedingly well.
Bit surprised to see your comments on the ride quality and handling as most of the people who are familiar with scorpio are usually of the opinion that the present version is the best in terms of these two aspects. My apprehension about the 1.99 is about any possible shortcuts M&M has made in the proven 2.2 engine. BTW that is some awesome mile munching, 3 lacs km in a single scorpio is indeed a big achievement

Quote:
Does anyone have clarity on whether the SC has accepted the 1% additional cess and cleared engines above 2 litres to be sold in the NCR?
Nothing has come as official order. IIRC there is some objection from ministry whether SC at all has the liberty to impose additional tax on its own, not to mention the proposed green tax by pollution control authority. Things will remain chaotic at least for next few months it seems.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 23:04   #79
Senior - BHPian

By this time i hope there should be a good no of people in Delhi NCR who have got their hands on the 1.99 version of Scorpio. Is there any salient difference in the engine behaviour compared to the 2.2 version or any noticeable issues?
Also few questions/ clarifications based on my recent interactions with the M&M dealership:
1. Whereas launch reports confirmed that all the variants including s4+ 4wd has got the intelli-hybrid technology but as per the dealer it is NOT yet available in any of the 4wd variant.
2. Though the 2.2 L version is available in NCR if demanded by the customer, the dealer is not ready to give any significant discount on this variant unlike the 1.99 counterpart. This is kind of pushing the OTR price by approx. 70K for the 2.2 version. This looks bit perplexing to me since even the 2.2 version is also equipped with Intelli-hybrid technology, if at all that is the factor. The '1% green tax' for the 2000cc+ engine is separate.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote