Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th February 2016, 02:09   #46
Default Re: Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero

I mean what is it with Mahindra and overdone styling. The KUV and now the XUV Aero.. so many lines, a mishmash of shapes and very poorly proportioned. No disrespect to Mahindra but this will fit in to the weird and wacky thread without much difficulty. The vehicle looks like it is on a marriage procession with all the lights up front. Awful is the word i choose both in design and execution.
needforspeed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Last but one pic looks like a 4 door version ? But i am unable to spot the door handles.

As usual, Mahindra engineers love to over-design
2 door version will be dead on arrival.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 23:14   #48

For me atleast, the Aero looks too good except may be the rear, which looks like a sad face unlike the rest of the car which looks stunning.
Come on Mahindra make it into production with proper 4 doors and a meaner rear. And if the details given by ACI that its going to get a 2.2l, 210 bhp, 6AT, Awd with a 0 to 100 acceleration time of under 6 seconds, then i must certainly make my cheque book ready. Looks too hot to be left aside. I really hope this will become a blockbuster sucess for mahindra.
AB@TVMBHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 00:50   #49

The Komodo concept is something I could totally dig. It has a sort of Mad Max vibe going for it.

The Aero though:
Cabin is too high.
Cabin to hood angle too steep.
Boot line too abrupt and too high.
Boot itself looks constipated.

My impression: Tries to look like a Panamera and fails dismally.

Overall design looks like an SUV version of Swift, especially from the front.
Sort of like how the Creta looks like a vertically squashed version of the Ecosport (I am sure that is no coincidence, just a result of H's class leading design experience).

If this what buying Pininfarina has got Mahindra, I think would have been better off paying Giugiaro.

Last edited by pillainp : 6th February 2016 at 00:51.
pillainp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 00:31   #50

Is there any news on the XUV aero ? I tried to search if there is any update but could not find any.

Does anyone know if Mahindra revealed any plans ? I suppose they were waiting to gauge the public reaction at the expo.
mayank0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 14:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Good news. Aero might get into production finally.

"Mr. Goenka also suggested that Mahindra might also launch a production version of the XUV Aero concept, which was showcased at the Auto Expo."

Oh i am so ready to replace my 5 year old XUV to this, IF it comes out close to what was showcased in Expo
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote