Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th April 2016, 09:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hello guys, Can anyone point me where in Bangalore can I upgrade the halogen headlamps to xenons for my Polo 1.2MPI. What would be the cost and will I face any issues after installation? Please share your experience if you have upgraded to xenons.
Check out my thread on BiXenon projector upgrade on my Polo GT TSi.

Installed! BiXenon Projectors on Polo GT TSi

I got it done by Lumens Systems, Bangalore. The performance is quite good as you can see from the videos I have posted. Their retrofit job is quite good. What I did not like was the shoddy wiring job which I cleaned up myself later.

I have some reliability issues with my projectors and Vinod (of Lumens System) has promised to replace them. It is possible that mine is a one off situation, as another user has said his setup is working fine for more than a year.

Go through my thread to understand all the risks you need to be aware of with a BiXenon retrofit, talk to Lumens Systems, and then make a decision.

Another option would be to go with Eagle Eyes replicas which have quad halogen projectors. You can upgrade the low beams to HID and have a high beam halogen setup. User FrankMehta has this setup. Check out the below post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3906425 (Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!)

From reliability point of view, this is the better option. I think Lumens Systems can get you these as well.

Good Luck with the upgrade
graaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 15:10   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post

Rain sensing wipers seemed cool at first but now somebody posted earlier that they dont turn on automatically when it rains, rather that the only the speed is adjusted depending on the intensity of the rainfall... another drawback

Thanks
It's not really a drawback if you ask me.

I feel the only annoying part is having to change the wiper speed manually repeatedly as per rain intensity. This feature takes care of it.

I should be able to decide when to start and stop the wipers. While driving I don't want my wipers start moving suddenly, disturbing my attention.
vivek0418 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 16:09   #108

Exclamation Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek0418 View Post
I should be able to decide when to start and stop the wipers. While driving I don't want my wipers start moving suddenly, disturbing my attention.
Actually, one could, in fact, keep the rain sensing wipers switched on forever.

In a well calibrated system, they would only come on when it rains or someone splashes road water collections on your windscreen; or even the occasional bird poop on the sensor
Harneet.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 17:13   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Actually, one could, in fact, keep the rain sensing wipers switched on forever.

In a well calibrated system, they would only come on when it rains or someone splashes road water collections on your windscreen; or even the occasional bird poop on the sensor
Actually, i had some dried bird poop on the sensor a few days ago. My kid was in the car with the Ac turned on. i.e the engine was on. So i sprayed some Utlima waterless wash on it and was cleaning the poop off when i almost got hit by the wipers .

I yelled at my kid asking him not to mess with the wiper, and he says he didnt touch it

The actual cause, the wiper stalk was set to on and the sensor kicked in once the poop was off and sensed mositure.

Note to self: ask car cleaner guy not to mess with the wiper stalk.
nova9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 12:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

The price of 60k-70k is for the OEM (courtesy VAG Tune) ones and not the Taiwan ones and this is exactly the point I am trying to make.

Do you have a part number (for the VAG)? I have been coming across many polos (on their Facebook page) with the retrofitted full LED headlights (OEM) but I am unable to find them. And do you know where i could get them in Chennai? A link would also be helpful.

Does VAG tune have a branch in Chennai?

Thanks in advance.
One:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 13:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
Do you have a part number (for the VAG)? I have been coming across many polos (on their Facebook page) with the retrofitted full LED headlights (OEM) but I am unable to find them. And do you know where i could get them in Chennai? A link would also be helpful.

Does VAG tune have a branch in Chennai?

Thanks in advance.
Well I have dropped the idea of fitting these lights on my Polo due to cost and so did not go further with research and hence do not have the part number for the same. However, you can ask Mr. Sugesh from VagTune about this. Not sure if they have an office in Chennai as it is not mentioned on their website.

http://www.vagtune.in/contacts
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 19:20   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen is readying yet another upgraded iteration of it's Polo hatchback and Vento sedan - this time with ABS standard across the range.

A new stock of these updated cars is now being prepared, for which Volkswagen India is expected to issue a press release soon.

Quote:
Until now, only the Comfortline and Highline variants were equipped with ABS. However, now even the base Trendline trim will get this safety feature. The carmaker had already made dual front airbags as a part of the standard package for both the Polo and Vento. The new safety feature now makes the cars even safer.
Volkswagen is just the second budget brand in India after Toyota to make airbags and ABS standard across all variants in all models in their portfolio.
Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote