Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2016, 17:26   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

A few more to come, Rushlane releases its drive report!

Waiting period in the range of 6- 8 weeks now!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzareview9.jpg

Verdict -
Quote:
Maruti has proved time and again that it understands the customer’s tastes and requirements like no other automaker. The Vitara Brezza is yet another proof. The homegrown crossover offers an exterior styling that would strike a chord with most Indian buyers, a cabin which offers impressive space and comfort, an equipment package that is best in the segment, a time tested powertrain, sorted dynamics, and above all, a highly competitive pricing
https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-vita...-12190448.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th March 2016 at 17:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:00   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Some more videos of the Vitara Brezza

Well I think all the reviews are complementing each other in in Vitarra Brezzas review, in the sense

a. Everyone is talking about the turbo lag
b. Average plastic quality
c. Unimpressive NVH levels
d. Firm ride quality
e. Typical DDiS engine performance

So I did not find any contradictions. So all in all it looks like a decent car from the Maruti stable with no USP, apart from it being a Maruti.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th March 2016 at 19:04. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability for our small screen users.
NFS2024 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:17   #603
Senior - BHPian

Does the ZDI+ have auto dimming mirrors? From the reviews i am not able to see one.
Do the projectors have HIDs?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 12th March 2016 at 18:22.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:20   #604
BHPian

The Dual tone in top end (ZDI / ZDI+) really looks good. In no way one will say this as sub 4m car. Kudos to designers. Maruti needs a good round of applause
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:54   #605
Senior - BHPian

Vitara Brezza is not even available for display at 3 Maruti showrooms in Vadodara. And already the waiting is 6-8 weeks all over the country. This is the power of Maruti Suzuki brand in India.

For compact SUV, TUV300 is the only Body On Frame car which manages to sell in decent numbers. While fit and finish might need an improvement, the solid build of TUV300 is the biggest positive point for Mahindra. On other hand, Ford has corrected Ecosport price, a move usually Maruti Suzuki resorted to in past decade. This knee jerk reaction of Ford might be an indicator that Vitara Brezza is a strong contender overall in compact SUV segment. MSIL managed to deliver a good package in under 4m. length which does show engineering efforts. However, a lack of petrol is a big negative, and a bigger 1.5 diesel might be sorely missed by Maruti at a time when Ford has a superior motor that has less lag. Vitara Brezza actual driving impressions to be awaited, but Ford's 1.5 mill is a nice one. Ford failed to capitalize and tap the excitement Ecosport managed to gather, and Ford is not a brand, atlest in India, that can afford to have exasperatingly long waiting lists. Its about time Ford focuses on Ecosport supplies than its exports. At the end of the day, competition benefits consumer.

And, what the action packed compact SUV market means :

1) The compact SUV market will hit the premium hatch, compact sedan market. Even sedan buyers from Ciaz, City might be more interested in an affordable "SUV".
2) Resale value of the compact SUV will increase and hold up at a higher level than before for quite some time to come.
3) More players likely to jump in with more "SUV-ish" products and not i20 active or Etios Cross.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 12th March 2016 at 19:01.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 19:06   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza LDI,

1. The big horizontal grille holding Suzuki emblem won’t be finished in chrome, it has dual chamber halogen headlights.
2.The slanting roof doesn’t bear floating appearance as in the other variants and the A, B and C pillars are not blackened while the subcompact SUV sits on 15-inch steel wheels
3.Instead of the tailgate applique with Vitara Brezza wordings embossed in capital letters in chrome, base variant’s tailgate applique comes in body colour paint.
4.The LDi variant features inside grab handle, integrated audio and speakers, manually folded electric Outside Rear View Mirrors, Bluetooth, front power windows and four power door locks.
5.The steering can be tilted and the day/night rear-view mirror is manual with manual AC, pollen filter, split RCL, illumination control, driver footrest and engine immobiliser are other features.
6.The rear seats doesn’t come with headrests in the LDi variant .

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant16.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant7.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant8.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant13.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant12.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant141.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzabasevariantldipics5.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzabasevariantldipics6.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant1.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaldivariant3.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...lained-461843/

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th March 2016 at 19:07.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 19:16   #607
BHPian

OK guys here comes the moment of truth. I was out for finalising my car today when during a Duster test drive I saw a brezza zdi plus on the road.. I quickly rushed to the Maruti show room nearby and saw a big crowd looking at the brezza display vehicle.

At first site I said oh no not this one as it was base model Ldi bare bones version which looked like an 18+ year old generation Alto. Myself and wife felt disappointed until the salesman gladly offered us a test drive. The car was a dual tone yellow colored zdi plus fresh off the factory with just a 100 km on board. I said will this be my new car???

But then I managed to squeeze in a fifteen minutes test drive covering flyovers twisted roads and some bumpy stretch and guess what voilla it rocks. The driver's view is commendable and the engine is a typical ddis albeit with fantastic nvh. AC is an Absolute chiller.

The controls all felt in place and myself being 6'1 I felt no reason to ignore this vehicle. The auto headlamps were good and so were the other nifty features. The boot was smaller than ecosport but head room was pretty good all around
When i pushed back the driver's seat the leg room felt miserable for the rear passengers.

All in all it seems like a winner and am sure will fly off the showrooms only if Maruti can have lesser waiting periods. To my surprise the minimum waiting now is 3 months for most variants and 8 months for vdi optional in Gurgaon. My booking is still open but I want to just make sure I check out ecosport AT as well as diesel top model before finally giving the green light for Brezza Zdi+
hondacity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 20:30   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post

LeoShashi, Can you check the tyre specs (including spare) when you do the TD this weekend?

Probably offtopic, Why is the spec different for Steel (205/60 R16) compared to Alloy (215/60 R16) when both are 16 inch ones?
Took a longish TD of the Brezza this evening. It was a ZDi+ variant and it had 215/60R16 spare wheel, shod with Apollo Alnac tyres. However the spare was a black colored steel rim.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 20:38   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Acceleration figures, Brezza excels due to its ligher weight and state of tuning!
Acceleration 0-100 km/h in 12.96 seconds is impressive. For international Vitara (1.6 DDIS) the reported acceleration data is 0-100 km/h in 12.4 seconds and maximum speed is 180 km/h.( Suzuki official website for Europe ). This maximum speed can also be achieved with Vitara Brezza( DDIS200). So the idea to introduce DDIS320 in Vitara Brezza for Indian market would not make much sense !

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2016 at 10:06. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 12th March 2016, 20:45   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

More reviews of the Vitara Brezza,
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzafrontquartertoeinfirstdrivereview1024x682.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg
IAB Verdict -
Quote:
From the drive experience of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, can safely say that this is one of the best Marutis the company has ever made. It stands out from the competition with its well-proportioned design, comfortable and spacious interiors, good focus on everyday practicality and a fuel efficient diesel powertrain.

There is still some room for improvement in the Vitara Brezza, which can be easily implemented with minor facelifts in its lifecycle. For a first attempt, however, Maruti’s newest sub-4m SUV is good. Would easily recommend the Vitara Brezza to people looking for a simple, no-frills little SUV that has enough power to scamper around cities, the practicality and comfort for long trips, and a feature list to brag about.
TopGear India Verdict -
Quote:
Be prepared to shell out more for a feature-rich experience if that is what you are looking for. But let it not be a deal-breaker because the Vitara Brezza is the most versatile SUV in its class right now
Carwale -
Quote:
The Vitara Brezza comes across as a very well-rounded package. It looks attractive, is loaded with equipment, has a spacious cabin and is fairly practical too. Thanks to 98 per cent localisation, Brezza’s killer price of Rs 9.54 lakh(ex-showroom Delhi) is just an icing on the cake
MotorOctane -
Quote:
The Vitara Brezza is aggressively priced and it is the best compact SUV one can buy. Stylish, spacious, practical, feature-loaded, performance and fuel-efficiency – not even one aspect where we could find any major drawbacks. Considering the sales and service network, this is one of the best SUV to buy under INR 15 lakhs. The best value for money variant that we shall recommend is the ZDi.

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th March 2016 at 21:13.
Old 12th March 2016, 20:48   #611
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please do not use acronyms for cars. it should be Brezza or Vitara Brezza. VB is not accepted.

Any further usage of VB will attract moderator action.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 21:46   #612
BHPian

Talking of contradictory verdicts, Zigwheels in their Brezza review gave it an overall rating of 3.5/5 the day before yesterday.
While today in the comparison review between i20 active v honda city v Brezza (screams of trying a little too hard to stand out, I guess) they have rated each car 4.5/5... Wait, what?!?!
Old 12th March 2016, 23:32   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
None of the journos have got the white or granite grey color variants? I somehow like the white and granite grey colors on brezza more than the others. The only place where I've seen these colors is on the maruti suzuki website - and those are studio photos. Eager to see what they look like in natural lighting - especially the granite grey color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post
Hi C'estlavie. Please take picture of the Brezza while you visit showroom. I really wanted to see a white color Brezza. Some one please post if you have it.
Presenting the White colored Vitara Brezza ZDi+ for members who wished to see pictures of the car in white,courtesy-Motoroids. I am posting some images here for easy reference

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza51024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza71024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza131024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza231024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza291024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza31.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza35.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza1181024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzafront1024x683.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezzawhite11024x683.jpg

The images of base variant have been posted earlier in this very page by member volkman10.

For more images by Motoroids, kindly checkout this link- http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/mar...the-new-lambi/

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 03:48   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, whoever is awaiting t-bhp review to take a decision, I suggest you book the car right away with a negotiation on the cancellation charges. Since there is a waiting period of at least 1-2 months as of now, the review will be up & running by time your vehicle may be ready for delivery. If it is a no for you, please cancel the booking & take back the booking amount, else take delivery.

Incase the car gets ready for delivery before the review is out, pass it to next guy in the queue & tell your SA to assign one by the time you decide. If the queue is long, nobody would mind juggling around a bit.

It doesnt make sense for anyone to wait till the review is out (& get frustrated), then do the booking & delay the delivery further (with the anticipated waiting periods).

Please also make sure you manage a decent TD in the mean time (before the review comes out) and assess the product yourself. If the product didn't excite you, look for other options; if it does, wait for the review to seal the decision.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th March 2016 at 03:57.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 07:14   #615
BHPian

A big thanks to volkman10 for posting the pics of the base variant.

It is a crying shame that the rear seat looks the way it does. Even if Maruti didn't offer fully-adjustable rear headrests, the least they could have done is offer a decent set of integrated headrests.

I observed this with the Ford Ecosport Ambiente variant as well. Why do these manufacturers go out of their way to make their cars uncomfortable?

That rear seat alone is a dealbreaker. You might as well have a park bench in there.
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread