Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 12:09   #916
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 299
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: S-Cross vs Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
What you get in addition to Vitara Brezza, for the additional 40k you put in, is better quality interiors, bigger and more spacious car with better build quality, which in my opinion seem definitely worth it.

Needless to say, Maruti has 2 very well priced cars, and users have been given a couple of very good choices.

PS: Information sourced from official websites, brochures etc
Name:  scross vs brezza.png
Views: 5563
Size:  23.8 KB
Unfortunately, the image upload wasn't successful. I have reuploaded the image, hopefully this works.

MODS: Please merge the post if feasible.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 12:09   #917
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 354
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
Got to know from the dealership in Mahadevapura, Bangalore that they can apply the second colour in roof and ORVMs in the ZDI variant for an extra cost of 17999/- with the same paint and quality at their service center for which they need two days time extra for that.
You're better off with the company painted dual tone
It costs just 14,000 extra for the dual tone variant
&
Dealers can't match the fit & finish of the company

I never liked the Body shop workmanship quality of any maruti dealer in bangalore
Trust me, I've tried quite a few
GSMINC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 12:38   #918
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Brought home Vitara Brezza today. We got late delivery as i wanted to make sure that all points in checklist of PDI (as downloaded from Team BHP) are taken care.

Posting few images for now and will present a detailed experience of buying later on.

By the way, this is the first delivery of our town.
Congratulations mountaineer on owing first Vitara Brezza here.
Please share your ownership experience too at the earliest in the Ownership section.

Also sharing the Vitara Brezza on display at nearest showroom. Displayed were 2 variants with full external accessories one Silver VDi & White ZDi.
Both featured external accessories:
1) Front bumper Bull guard mimic strip.
2) Front Radiator grille chrome tooth.
3) Wheel arch cladding(indeed a great looking with stab dots pattern lending it a true muscular & great look).
4) Side moulding Chrome strip.
5) Rear Bumper add-on strip(as seen on white Zdi).
6) Alloy wheels(from S-Cross) on silver coloured VDi.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1459234682084.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1459234739734.jpg  


Last edited by CRtorquefan : 29th March 2016 at 12:39.
CRtorquefan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 12:41   #919
BHPian
 
mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: HP07 AMSL 2K
Posts: 70
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
None of the dealers in Goa have got TD vehicles. Spending 10lacs without testing is not something I want to do for a car with mixed reviews. It's the seating position worrying me. In our family people have got used to driving a wagonr.
If you are graduating from a Maruti tall boy car viz Wagon R or Ritz you will find seats placed just a bit low. But it will not be difficult to find the best driving position. Also you will feel at home with headroom and open space inside the car with reference with Ritz/Wagon R.

For people sitting on the back the space is definitely much more than WagonR or Ritz but seats are not placed as higher as in Ritz. My daughter feels that her feet is touching ground more prominently as compared to Ritz.

Today i seated 4 people (my colleagues) at the back seat and we drove up an incline. I feel back seat of Vitara is best suited to seat 3 heavily built people and if you want to seat 4 at least two should be skinny.

Engine noise is present for sure, and for some this can be a deal breaker i feel.
mountaineer is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 12:46   #920
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paradise (wish it was)
Posts: 314
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Saw a yellow+white Brezza on road this morning. It somehow looked smaller on the road compared to how it appeared in the showroom (red one there). Did anyone else also feel so when they saw it on the road?

BTW, it had multiple black stripes, two thin & one thick stripe if I am not wrong, on the roof. Is it standard (company decals or stickering done outside)?
null is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 13:22   #921
BHPian
 
anycatd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ponda,Goa
Posts: 299
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
If you are graduating from a Maruti tall boy car viz Wagon R or Ritz you will find seats placed just a bit low. But it will not be difficult to find the best driving position. Also you will feel at home with headroom and open space inside the car with reference with Ritz/Wagon R.

For people sitting on the back the space is definitely much more than WagonR or Ritz but seats are not placed as higher as in Ritz. My daughter feels that her feet is touching ground more prominently as compared to Ritz.

Today i seated 4 people (my colleagues) at the back seat and we drove up an incline. I feel back seat of Vitara is best suited to seat 3 heavily built people and if you want to seat 4 at least two should be skinny.

Engine noise is present for sure, and for some this can be a deal breaker i feel.
Engine noise more compared to petrol or other diesel cars? Some engine noise will be there unlike petrol.
anycatd is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 13:41   #922
BHPian
 
mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: HP07 AMSL 2K
Posts: 70
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Engine noise more compared to petrol or other diesel cars? Some engine noise will be there unlike petrol.
Engine noise is more compared to Ecosport and Creta for sure but less than Duster.

People who are driving Diesel are telling me that noise will decrease slowly in due course as we drive the car.

But one silver lining i have done a tank full yesterday at a price which i use to do many years ago even though the size of tank is larger.
mountaineer is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 13:43   #923
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
You're better off with the company painted dual tone
It costs just 14,000 extra for the dual tone variant
&
Dealers can't match the fit & finish of the company

I never liked the Body shop workmanship quality of any maruti dealer in bangalore
Trust me, I've tried quite a few
He is trying to go dual tone from zdi, which is around 1.2 lakhs plus the 14,000. Yes if one goes from zdi+ its better to with dual tone variant from the company.
boo3dmax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 13:58   #924
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 354
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Dear Mods,

Any idea when we can expect the Tbhp review,
we know its work in progress,
But a tentative date would be great
GSMINC is online now  
Old 29th March 2016, 14:09   #925
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 528
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations mountaineer on owing first Vitara Brezza here.
Please share your ownership experience too at the earliest in the Ownership section.

Also sharing the Vitara Brezza on display at nearest showroom. Displayed were 2 variants with full external accessories one Silver VDi & White ZDi.
Both featured external accessories:
1) Front bumper Bull guard mimic strip.
2) Front Radiator grille chrome tooth.
3) Wheel arch cladding(indeed a great looking with stab dots pattern lending it a true muscular & great look).
4) Side moulding Chrome strip.
5) Rear Bumper add-on strip(as seen on white Zdi).
6) Alloy wheels(from S-Cross) on silver coloured VDi.



Where did you go? Sandhu Motors Ludhiana?
car_crazy1400 is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 14:57   #926
BHPian
 
mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: HP07 AMSL 2K
Posts: 70
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

All the prospective buyers of Vitara Brezza please prepare yourself for getting lot of attention on the road.

Glances are getting converted to stares and people are really liking the car on the road.

Today we were on a little drive in town a one guy followed us for 5 km and finally told us to stop. He was very apologetic and requested to look the car from inside. Meanwhile few more onlookers gathered and one wanted to understand how the key less entry works.

I became modest enough to show them through and also provided all the information they needed about the car. I also guided them to go to TeamBHP website to get complete information about the car.

All were of the opinion that car looks big and is very spacious.

I was feeling like an ambassador of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 15:05   #927
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai,Nairobi
Posts: 134
Thanked: 243 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

So I just got back from the Brezza ZDi+ test drive and a few thoughts on the experience (my opinions obviously). I am 6'3".

Pros

1. Excellent driving position due to raised height of vehicle. I was more confident considering I could see the end of the bonnet line.
2. Buttons on steering wheel and for HVAC controls have a nice 'premium' action to them.
3. Light clutch for a diesel
4. Bold, impressive and overall neat styling
5. Wide and tall tyres
6. Lots of head room even in the back

Mediocre

1. Drives like any other Maruti with a light steering.
2. Tacky dial colours
3. Boot space; standard check-in and carry on would be a snug fit. Everything else will have to go over them.
4. Rear leg space quite small when I sat in the driver seat.
5. Engine noise at high revs is quite noticeable in the cabin.

Cons

1. 'Spongy' gearbox; significant lateral and longitudinal movement when the gears are engaged.
2. Interior plastics are really hard and scratch easily. Lots of borrowed parts from other Maruti's
3. Strictly a 5 seater for short journeys. 3 at the back will be very uncomfortable for long journeys.

These are the few main aspects that I found. Hope this helps
qr20de is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 15:33   #928
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 122
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

What insurance are people considering for their Brezza? The dealer is offering 22,408 for the VDI (O).
C'estlavie is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 16:15   #929
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,118
Thanked: 5,858 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
None of the dealers in Goa have got TD vehicles. Spending 10lacs without testing is not something I want to do for a car with mixed reviews. It's the seating position worrying me. In our family people have got used to driving a wagonr.
I have not driven the car. But I checked the display car. I liked everything except seats and interior plastic quality. Underthigh support is poor in both front and rear seats. Brezza is 1790 mm wide, but this width is not translated into better shoulder room. 3 at back is a squeeze. What's impressive is head room. Maruti has given a mass market product and it will definitely sell in huge numbers.
Cheers
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 29th March 2016, 16:28   #930
BHPian
 
pineapple_ameet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 42
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Happen to checkout the car in flesh yesterday...Looks and feels nice, but one thing that really disappointed me was that seats were 'cleverly' shrunken perhaps to make the interiors looks wider/spacious....i was really wondering if I'am the only one who felt that the seats are shrunken in brezza, or other members share the same feedback.
Because of this, i'm not sure how comfortable it will be on longer highway rides...same is the case for rear seats, because of super upright stance of the rear seats...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th March 2016 at 13:30. Reason: Pls. read the note in bold in the post.
pineapple_ameet is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo Aditya The Indian Car Scene 27 5th April 2016 23:21
The 2016 Auto Expo Meetup Thread bluevolt The Team-BHP Meet Section 80 7th February 2016 14:59
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 635 3rd February 2016 15:40
5-9 February: 2016 Delhi auto expo dates revealed Tushar The Indian Car Scene 1 16th February 2015 11:17
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks