Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 18:58   #181
Newbie
 
majopjose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 9
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova 2015 vs Toyota Innova 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
As per the interview of Innova chief engineer by Autocar India -The increase in length of Innova was to meet future pedestrian crash regulations than to increase interior space. But he claimed they have improved second row roominess while the overall interior dimensions remain roughly same as the outgoing Innova.

Full interview here:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-400831.aspx/0
Please have a look at the dimensions i have given above from respective catalogues, New Innova falls behind old one interms of space.
majopjose is offline  
Old 20th April 2016, 11:43   #182
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Some confirmed Specs for ZX Model

A/T and M/T Both
Navigation
7 Airbags
17" Alloys - 215/55R/17
Half wooden steering
Auto Climate Front & Rear
Head Lamp Automatic
Smart Key entry with push start
Tilt & Telescoping steering
Hill Start assist & VSC

have specs for other variants ( brochure but can't upload )

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th April 2016 at 12:09.
Turbanator is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 12:31   #183
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,181 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
have specs for other variants ( brochure but can't upload )
Even if you can't upload, please share the specifications of other variants for our members who are keenly following the thread for more updates on Innova. According to my information they have no plans to launch ZX in manual transmission. May be I have wrong information. Please share whatever you have. What are they offering in V M/T variant?
mints21 is offline  
Old 20th April 2016, 13:37   #184
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
please share the specifications of other variants for our members who are keenly following the thread for more updates on Innova
ZX - Manual is there , it has the same spec as Auto with 7 Airbags ( including Knee ) , VX & ZX versions have remote control as well & ZX Versions are only in 7 seater versions. AT variants in GX & ZX are only with 2,8 Ltr engine.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 14:12   #185
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

sorry for back to back posts , replying here to few PM for benefits of others

I can't find colour options on the pages that I have , perhaps those are mentioned on rear page which I don't have.

Features missing on V M/T - ZXI

VSC
Hill Start Control

V-Model will have

2,4 Ltr Engine
3 Airbag - Driver + Passenger + Knee only
16 Inch - 205/65 R16


All Manual models are with 5 Speed Gearbox only which seems to be a bit let down

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th April 2016 at 14:18.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 14:33   #186
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Dubai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova 2015 vs Toyota Innova 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
As per the interview of Innova chief engineer by Autocar India -The increase in length of Innova was to meet future pedestrian crash regulations than to increase interior space. But he claimed they have improved second row roominess while the overall interior dimensions remain roughly same as the outgoing Innova.

Full interview here:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-400831.aspx/0
At a time when companies are looking to shave off weight, the Innova becomes heavier, bigger on the outside and loses out on space on the inside. Don't see the logic behind it though. I agree Toyota may have followed pedestrian crash regulations, pushed for a modern design and most importantly not tried to cannablize their premium movers like Previa & Sienna, but Innova on a global scale remains one of their key products. In the Gulf countries, the petrol version Innova is one of the most popular and only family oriented taxis. I am sure alot more poeple are going to pick this space thing and base their decision against it, even if it isnt a big number at the start. With newer competition added to more competitive pricing from others, the Innova MAY struggle.

While the decade old design has been revised, they subtly reduced the interior space so as to keep the weight increase to the minimum. Don't really agree with the approach. Also while a 6-speed auto is a good addition, a 5-speed manual really kills it. In India, its a premium grade vehicle and they cant stick in 6-speed manual is a shame. The least they can do is to introduce a 6-speed auto across the line as an added option, instead of making it available only the 2.8 variant.

With over a decade of experience, they could literally have invested in 100% or close to 100% of localization for the Innova and helped keep the prices lower. Anyhow just a few more days to see whats Toyota's strategy.
daywiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 17:58   #187
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

I was talking to a sales rep in chennai today who said that they are focussing mainly on the ownership segment for the new innova and not the tourist segment. He said since it will take about 1-1.5 years for the tourist permits to come through for the new innova, there won't be any vehicles for sale for the "t-board" segment during that period. Also he said production has been stopped for the vx and G models of existing innova and only GX units will be produced on a limited basis until the new innova production ramps up in a few months. He also said the pricing difference would be 3-4 lacs on the road between the new and old innova.

The experts at team bhp to confirm if this information makes sense and is correct. If so, then there is a limited window for people to snap up the current (old) model, especially for the tourist segment I guess.
contentedbloke is offline  
Old 20th April 2016, 19:27   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Some confirmed Specs for ZX Model
Do you have any information if the ZX AT and GX AT will come in a 7/8 seater option?

Last edited by miharbe : 20th April 2016 at 19:50.
miharbe is online now  
Old 20th April 2016, 19:36   #189
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
He said since it will take about 1-1.5 years for the tourist permits to come through for the new Innova, there won't be any vehicles for sale for the "t-board" segment during that period. Also he said production has been stopped for the vx and G models of existing innova and only GX units will be produced on a limited basis until the new innova production
That's not correct , it can't take so long for a vehicle to get passed commercially. Mahindra launches newer variants every other month.
Quote:
Do you have any information if the ZX AT will come in a 7/8 seater option?
Only 7 seater option in ZX - both manual as well Auto - post 184

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th April 2016 at 19:49.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 20:21   #190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 47
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Today, I got a chance to get hands on with the Ipad Toyota has given to its sales team for the Innova Crysta. They have made an app on the Ipad Mini with 360 Degree Virtual interior and exterior tour.
We are planning to change our existing Innova with the Crysta and will be going in for the 2.8 ZX Automatic. We are confused between the Pearl White and the Bronze. Kindly help me decide the colour? I am pushing for Pearl White because with Saddle Brown Leather interior I feel Pearl White will be a better looker.
The demo car according to the sales person will be coming in next week and the official launch in the First Week of May. The first time I was impressed with the knowledge of the sales person as mostly, the sales team is without in-depth knowledge. I could get a hint from the sales person that the top variant automatic would roughly be around 20 Lakhs.
The base variant of the current Innova will be retained for Fleet Buyers.
pratiksinhal is offline  
Old 21st April 2016, 03:34   #191
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,975
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
The first time I was impressed with the knowledge of the sales person as mostly, the sales team is without in-depth knowledge. I could get a hint from the sales person that the top variant automatic would roughly be around 20 Lakhs.

The base variant of the current Innova will be retained for Fleet Buyers.

Well, they were wrong about the last piece of information. Production of the current generation Innova has been stopped already.

http://m.overdrive.in/news/productio...tops-in-india/

PS- I'm still waiting for my first real good sales experience from any of these brand showrooms.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 21st April 2016, 10:37   #192
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perinthalmanna
Posts: 303
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova 2015 vs Toyota Innova 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
At a time when companies are looking to shave off weight, the Innova becomes heavier, bigger on the outside and loses out on space on the inside. Don't see the logic behind it though. I agree Toyota may have followed pedestrian crash regulations, pushed for a modern design and most importantly not tried to cannablize their premium movers like Previa & Sienna, but Innova on a global scale remains one of their key products. In the Gulf countries, the petrol version Innova is one of the most popular and only family oriented taxis. I am sure alot more poeple are going to pick this space thing and base their decision against it, even if it isnt a big number at the start. With newer competition added to more competitive pricing from others, the Innova MAY struggle.

While the decade old design has been revised, they subtly reduced the interior space so as to keep the weight increase to the minimum. Don't really agree with the approach. Also while a 6-speed auto is a good addition, a 5-speed manual really kills it. In India, its a premium grade vehicle and they cant stick in 6-speed manual is a shame. The least they can do is to introduce a 6-speed auto across the line as an added option, instead of making it available only the 2.8 variant.

With over a decade of experience, they could literally have invested in 100% or close to 100% of localization for the Innova and helped keep the prices lower. Anyhow just a few more days to see whats Toyota's strategy.
Buddy you think Toyota (or any other Japanese manufacturer) doesn't know how to shave off weight? They have been the masters of shaving off weight.

I have been following the new IMV platform (consisting of Innova, Hilux and Fortuner) since a couple of years and let me tell you the reason of Toyota increasing both weight and lenght/breath (even though wheelbase is identical and apparently interior usable space has come down) - is to improve Safety.

Your speculation is a childish rant without any research or insight in to vehicle design and manufacturing.

By the way even I received the snapshot of safety features of new Innova variants but I had promised that I won't share it.

Because most features have already been shared by our Turbanator let me just add that all variants are getting ABS, EBD & BA with 3-Airbags as standard.

Cheers.

Regards.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st April 2016 at 13:14. Reason: Please be very careful of what you say. No personal attacks please.
mroptimist is offline  
Old 21st April 2016, 11:23   #193
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,975
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post

Your speculation is a childish rant without any research or insight in to vehicle design and manufacturing.

Since you've been researching the platform for long as mentioned, I'm interested in knowing why the Innova and others cars in the platform requires such heavy reinforcements for safety, while Toyota was able to design one of the lightest sedans in India (Etios) perfectly safe at less than a 1000 kg?

Surely ABS, EBD and 3 airbags isn't going to weigh much. Even Liva gets them as standard with only one airbag less.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st April 2016 at 13:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 12:05   #194
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perinthalmanna
Posts: 303
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Since you've been researching the platform for long as mentioned, I'm interested in knowing why the Innova and others cars in the platform requires such heavy reinforcements for safety, while Toyota was able to design one of the lightest sedans in India (Etios) perfectly safe at less than a 1000 kg?

Surely ABS, EBD and 3 airbags isn't going to weigh much. Even Liva gets them as standard with only one airbag less.
What is the comparison between a sedan/Hatch and an MUV?

Only the base model gets 3 airbags in Innova whereas top spec variant gets VSC and 7 airbags. (I don't know how much they add in weight though).

Crysta is also longer and wider with an all new engine, all these factors would have contributed to increase in weight.

If at all you want to make a point you compare new Innova in weight and other factors with other full size 7-seater MUVs and make your point.

I am sure both old and new Innova will come out trumps in comparison to other MUVs with respect to weight. (That is lighter than other MUVs).

Whereas comparison between 1st gen Innova with Innova Crysta, as we all know the 1st gen Innova was never crash tested and being an older platform would have most probably scored less than Crysta.

Crysta has scored 4 or 5 stars depending on presence of VSC in ASEAN crash tests. The body was considered safe, has ISO anchors for child seats and full 3-point seat belts for all occupants.

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 12:28   #195
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 572
Thanked: 594 Times
Default Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Since you've been researching the platform for long as mentioned, I'm interested in knowing why the Innova and others cars in the platform requires such heavy reinforcements for safety, while Toyota was able to design one of the lightest sedans in India (Etios) perfectly safe at less than a 1000 kg?

Surely ABS, EBD and 3 airbags isn't going to weigh much. Even Liva gets them as standard with only one airbag less.

How do you compare something with a monocoque construction and a ladder on frame chassis? Most importantly a sedan and a Multi-Utility Vehicle.

Compare it with the xuv which has a monocoque construction and falls in the same segment. And then compare it with the storme or the upcoming Tata Hexa. You will find the crysta lighter than the competition. The outgoing innova had a kerb weight of 1665kgs. Xuv-1785kgs and storme-2095kgs.

Asit

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 21st April 2016 at 12:33. Reason: typo
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics Aditya The Indian Car Scene 281 25th January 2017 13:17
Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo Aditya The Indian Car Scene 27 5th April 2016 23:21
The 2016 Auto Expo Meetup Thread bluevolt The Team-BHP Meet Section 80 7th February 2016 14:59
5-9 February: 2016 Delhi auto expo dates revealed Tushar The Indian Car Scene 1 16th February 2015 11:17
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks