Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:06   #346
BHPian
 
vvb8530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 210
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

The brochure and the website do not show black exterior colour as an option. Does anyone know if there is an option for black in the top end version atleast as they have had media cars in the ZX AT in black. This is really wierd.
vvb8530 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:18   #347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Madras
Posts: 663
Thanked: 1,755 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Innova Crysta Ex showroom price variant wise

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-price.jpg

The Innova crysta is worth the price given the fact everything has changed and the vehicle has become a truly premium one, which was the case with the old Innova only with the price. What the old Innova lacked was the rich interior feel and a powerful engine, but had the Toyota reputation, now along with this, the premium interiors and the fantastic engine options with AT make the Innova Crysta, a truly competent MPV, as it was before. I'm sure that this will sell the same way the old one did.

I would not be surprised if the cabbies pick the GX or VX variant instead of the E or G because the Toyota offers reliability and the brand 'Innova' has huge brand recall and fantastic resale.

Given the pricing of the top end AT variant, IMO Toyota should have provided a sun roof, would have been a lovely cool addition to the feature list. It would have added a lot more appeal, not that it is short of now.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 3rd May 2016 at 00:48.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:21   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
ZX automatic is ₹26.22 lakhs on road, Kochi. Couple of years from now the Innova will be a 30 lakh vehicle!
Not only the Innova, most of the segments have gone up over the years.

But I get your point about the Innova. In 2009, when we bought our City, we could have gone for the Innova GX variant. But over the years they kept on increasing the price while not offering much in terms of equipment.

I believe now we can justify the price of the Innova Crysta. The two major draw backs of the old generation is rectified with Crysta namely the performance and interior.

Guys, how is your Toyota dealership experience, I found them to be more professional in dealings than Hyundai, Honda and Fiat.

Will update you guys with my booking and delivery experience.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:27   #349
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 312
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Does someone know about the specs of the G variant? I can't seem to find it in the brochure. The variants listed in the brochure are GX and above.
Has the G variant been launched exclusively for the taxi market?
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:33   #350
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,375
Thanked: 28,348 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Has the G variant been launched exclusively for the taxi market?
Safe to assume.

Name:  Untitled1.JPG
Views: 5295
Size:  39.0 KB


Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Innova Crysta Ex showroom price variant wise
Interesting to note - the G/GX variants are cheaper in Ahmedabad compared to Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai & Trivandrum, but the VX/ZX variants are the costliest in Ahmedabad, compared to all the cities in that chart.

Weird.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd May 2016 at 00:39.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:29   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Safe to assume.

No seat belts on the base version? Seems like a typo.

To the best of my knowledge, the old Innova had Airbags as standard in the last update. Why the backward step now?
JayD is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:55   #352
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
No seat belts on the base version? Seems like a typo.

To the best of my knowledge, the old Innova had Airbags as standard in the last update. Why the backward step now?
No mate, RavenAvi has cropped the image to highlight the model E and G are made to order.

Seatbelt column is checked, but got cropped out from this particular image. Even I haven't seen what the base model offers, will ask the sales executive tomorrow.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 03:26   #353
BHPian
 
THE-U-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

The van looks beautiful, no doubt about it. However, Rs. 25+ on the road for this? Clearly, there is a 3L premium included in here because of Toyota reliability.

Disappointments on such an expensive van:

1. No AWD
2. No rear disk brakes
3. Very low GC (200mm minimum needed)
4. No Power Lift Gate even at 25L????
5. Rear which looks high out of proportion

Positives:

1. Interior in the zx version
2. Front end
3. Toyota Reliability
4. Toyota Reliability
5. Toyota Reliability

I would buy the XUV500 AT in a heartbeat instead of this van and put away the extra funds to take care of unscheduled maintenance. Wish Tata and Mahindra improve reliability and run Toyota's insane pricing out of town.
THE-U- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 03:51   #354
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
2. No rear disk brakes
What is the value addition in having a rear disk brake?

Will it reduce the braking distance or will give better brake feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
3. Very low GC (200mm minimum needed)
They reduced the ground clearance on purpose, in order to circumvent the SUV law which mandates the GC to be below 170 cms. I believe this will help reduce the tax burden of the manufacturer.

I have seen most of us are pedantic on the specs.

Last edited by ecenandu : 3rd May 2016 at 03:52.
ecenandu is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 04:43   #355
BHPian
 
THE-U-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What is the value addition in having a rear disk brake?

Will it reduce the braking distance or will give better brake feel?
Drum brakes fade because the heat doesn't get dissipated effectively. Therefore, disk brakes are preferred. I think the incremental cost will be marginal for Toyota to provide this given the cost of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
They reduced the ground clearance on purpose, in order to circumvent the SUV law which mandates the GC to be below 170 cms. I believe this will help reduce the tax burden of the manufacturer.

I have seen most of us are pedantic on the specs.
It is more than being just pedantic to want a GC of 200mm. On potholed roads after monsoon, GC becomes critical if you don't want to scrape your undercarriage. I am not talking about regular speed breakers here. Toyota can save money all they want, but they also need to pass the savings to the consumer. This pricing screams rip-off in my opinion. But, it will sell because of its reliability reputation.
THE-U- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 05:38   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Drum brakes fade because the heat doesn't get dissipated effectively. Therefore, disk brakes are preferred. I think the incremental cost will be marginal for Toyota to provide this given the cost of the vehicle.
Ah, nice to know that. It will be a problem only on hill station drives, I believe.
Hope the future iteration bring all these value additions.

Quote:
It is more than being just pedantic to want a GC of 200mm. On potholed roads after monsoon, GC becomes critical if you don't want to scrape your undercarriage. I am not talking about regular speed breakers here. Toyota can save money all they want, but they also need to pass the savings to the consumer.
I don't know how they reduced the official GC in order to make it below 170. If the measured GC, the lowest point is around the axle, seldom did we bottom out at that particular point.

Anyway, lets wait till we get the official Team-bhp review, we can ask the mods to check whether the reduced GC do cause problems on regular commute and in the situation like the one you mentioned.

Quote:
This pricing screams rip-off in my opinion. But, it will sell because of its reliability reputation.
What was your expectation?

Pricing seems fair in my opinion, given that we now get two powerful engine options and a well deserved interiors.
ecenandu is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:53   #357
BHPian
 
THE-U-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Ah, nice to know that. It will be a problem only on hill station drives, I believe.
Hope the future iteration bring all these value additions.
Not necessarily. It could be an issue in emergency breaking situations and excessive stop and go conditions as well. After about 10 years of making profits on a model, I am very disappointed that disc brake is not available even on the highest end variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What was your expectation?

Pricing seems fair in my opinion, given that we now get two powerful engine options and a well deserved interiors.
Ignoring the price of previous gen Innova I would consider max Rs. 18L ex show room to be a fair price for the bigger engine and other updates on the ZX. This would be about 1L higher than XUV500 FWD AT at this price point. Then again, it is not what I think. If the market bears such a huge premium for an inferior spec'd but more reliable product, more power to Toyota India.
THE-U- is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:57   #358
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -
Posts: 508
Thanked: 386 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

I looked through the Brochure, posts and other places that I could search on the differences between the G and the GX variant, could not find a clear demarcation anywhere.

Can anyone summarize the differences between these variants ?
I am talking MT here and not the AT.
Torquedo is offline  
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:03   #359
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Decent pricing considering I was expecting much worse. It still is expensive especially the top end ZX Auto which is a staggering 7 lakhs more than the entry level GX but it is more palpable because of the interiors which are very nice and luxurious, standard equipments, automatic transmission and a stonker of a diesel engine with 174 bhp on tap! Innova even with an anaemic on paper 102 bhp 2.5 litre diesel never felt underpowered during regular driving, the 174 bhp I am pretty sure is in a different league as far as performance is concerned.

Another way to look at it is Innova is perhaps all the car that you need in India, a jack of all trades if you will. It is nice enough for both the driver and the passenger, in case you are chauffeur driven, the interiors are nice and luxurious, the diesel in pretty powerful and by the looks of it will be a terrific mile muncher, has an automatic transmission, is spacious enough for both family runs and errands or both combined and the best bit - the legendary Toyota reliability. I cannot stress it enough but I do not think there is any other car in the Indian market which can take as many roles as this new Innova can. There are Fortuners on the forum which have done more than 1 lakh kilometers and yet are running fine without any expensive replacements or issues. How many cars that are sold in India today can manage this?
extreme_torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:40   #360
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,049
Thanked: 7,385 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Its very smartly priced. You know that when there is no clear favorite among the variants when you look at the spec and price for each variant. GX AT comes close, but then if you look at the brochure, it doesn't get a lot of the goodies.

Not sure whether its a good thing for customers as the waiting period and the prices are only going to go up.

The big misses are:
1) No MT version for the 2.8L.
2) No AT version in the V variant

But, I am sure those will get added after a while.

Good to see three airbags and ABS, EBD and BA as standard across variants. The Z variants also get Stability Control and hill hold.

All reviews point to the fact that AT is not as good as the MT to drive. So, a MT for the 2.8 in Z variant would have been quite nice.

Need to take a TD and also wait for the review that matters.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics Aditya The Indian Car Scene 281 25th January 2017 13:17
Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo Aditya The Indian Car Scene 27 5th April 2016 23:21
The 2016 Auto Expo Meetup Thread bluevolt The Team-BHP Meet Section 80 7th February 2016 14:59
5-9 February: 2016 Delhi auto expo dates revealed Tushar The Indian Car Scene 1 16th February 2015 11:17
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks