Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2016, 12:18   #1561
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Booked Hexa XT 4*2 at Concorde Motors, Guindy, Chennai on 03 Nov.

I received a similar receipt confirming the booking and a booking ID with date. Apparently that's the way they will maintain the chronological sequence of the bookings so as to facilitate delivery in the order of priority.

They are still not sure of the tentative price list but have promised to get back in a few days time.

I will most likely be looking at a delivery period post February since it does take a couple of months or so for the car to be available through CSD.

Cheers.
Hunter3077 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 14:16   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I just spoke to sales rep from Tafe, Anna Salai, Chennai.
I plan to book it on Monday by paying 11k.
He shared that the tentative ex showroom should be 10-16L and participated in H'bad Hexa test drives.
He is very much happy on both AT & manual as well he informed that manual gear box will be better after 5k.
Hoping the same, I keen on XT manual either 4*2 or 4*4 depends on final OTR.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 14:22   #1563
BHPian

Default Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

I am very interested in 4x4 Auto 7 seater Top model let's see if Tata gives option for it....till then I am waiting.

Last edited by puneetghai1978 : 5th November 2016 at 14:25.
Old 5th November 2016, 14:24   #1564
BHPian

concorde motors prabhadevi, mumbai had a vehicle at their showroom for two days. But now its not there, tata has taken back that vehicle as per the sales executive. I was supposed to go and have a look at it tomorrow but now i will have to wait until month end for their official demo/display vehicle to come.
Old 5th November 2016, 14:55   #1565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
In the Hexa website, they mention Optional AWD for XT (Automatic) - is this true?
No 4x4 with Automatic yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
I want the 4x4 auto in a 7 seater option! 😂 (Hoping they're reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
I am very interested in 4x4 Auto 7 seater Top model let's see if Tata gives option for it....till then I am waiting.
+1 to Aayush & Puneet. I too am on the 4x4 Automatic list for my 4x4 Duster upgrade. I hope they launch it in the next 6 months or so, since I don't think I can wait longer than than and will have to go for the only vehicle in the same price bracket available with Auto and 4x4, i.e XUV500 Automatic 4WD.
Old 5th November 2016, 15:34   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
concorde motors prabhadevi, mumbai had a vehicle at their showroom for two days. But now its not there, tata has taken back that vehicle as per the sales executive. I was supposed to go and have a look at it tomorrow but now i will have to wait until month end for their official demo/display vehicle to come.

I was meaning to go there today

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
A few of the reasons why i feel we don't have a launch this calendar year is probably due to:

2. A dip stick strategy to test the waters and be conscious of demand and accordingly decide the final price
I think they don't want to over produce and then be stuck with inventory.. once bitten twice shy I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Tata Motors was the first and only car manufacturer in India who had setup in-house crash testing facilities decades back. In fact, as far as I am aware, it's still the only OEM in India to have its own crash testing centre, not outsourced. Over the years, I believe, the crash test centre has been thoroughly upgraded and aligned to handle the latest tests as dictated by Euro homologation norms.
Few people may know about it, but the old Indica, that is what we know now as Indica V2, had undergone a full crash, as per the then prevailing Euro norms, before it was launched in 1998 in India.

Yes. Credit where it's due. Tatas were always focused on structural safety of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Would a large 'govt' like organization like TATA be able to deliver something that stands up to global heavy-weights like Toyota (Crysta), Ford etc. Considering projected pricing between 11-16 lacs, I think the below scenario is the best case.
- May be capture 60-70% of XUV market share. (best case)
- another 10% of Innova market share (doubtful though).
- Then something like 50-60% of top end of Honda BR-V. (best case)
Anything over a 1000 per month CONSISTENTLY would be a good result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Spoke to call centre.

Few days later I got this unique code SMS linking me to wasan motors BORIVALI!!
Same with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I hope it isn't a repeat of Nano story. A small token booking amount may not exactly convert into an actual booking once the prices are announced.
Actually the 1st lot of 100,000 Nano never had any demand issues. It's the situation post the delivery of the 1 lakh cars that got Tatas stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
There may be dedicated service bays to give priority service to HEXA customers. But the complete clarity will come closer to the launch.
I thought Aria and Storme already had dedicated service bays so yes expect Hexa to continue to receive such a treatment.
Old 5th November 2016, 21:07   #1567
BHPian

Tata has to pitch the Hexa as an SUV and they have to price it bang on with the XUV500. Any comparisons with the New Innova would backfire since there is a unabashed fan following for the Innova and people are stretching out and buying the new one without thinking twice. The real market lies is capturing the customer base of the XUV, the duster and may be even the Creta. If Honda can call the BRV a SUV then there is nothing wrong in Tata calling Hexa one. Play to what the market wants.

The best opportunity lies in converting potential XUV customers since this car is now at least 6 years old and doesn't have the same novelty when it was launched.
Old 6th November 2016, 12:57   #1568
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

One reason for late January delivery could be that all Hexas will be of 2017 model. This makes sense as we are concerned about the year of manufacture.
Old 6th November 2016, 14:25   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
I thought Aria and Storme already had dedicated service bays so yes expect Hexa to continue to receive such a treatment.
To the best of my knowledge from a 2.5 yr ownership of the Storme there is no such dedicated service model. There are no separate service advisors as well. Due to my rapport with the delearship I used to get attended by a senior advisor. Nothing beyond that.
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 16:45   #1570
BHPian

Tata oh Tata!

I thought of going and checking out the Hexa in flesh. Called up Concorde Motors at Dairy Circle (Bangalore), a security guard picked up the telephone and told me that today is a holiday, and the poor guy (can't blame him) did not know if the Hexa is on display.

Makes me wonder, how a car showroom can be closed on a Sunday, when a majority of prospective customers like me have a day off from work.

Last edited by indusboy : 6th November 2016 at 16:53.
Old 6th November 2016, 18:10   #1571
BHPian

Is it possible for one to replace the 19" alloys with 16" alloys at the time of buying the vehicle? Also if on does that then will this violate any warranty terms?
Old 6th November 2016, 18:21   #1572
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
To the best of my knowledge from a 2.5 yr ownership of the Storme there is no such dedicated service model. There are no separate service advisors as well. Due to my rapport with the delearship I used to get attended by a senior advisor. Nothing beyond that.
During my Aria ownership was always given priority over other customers. There was a seperate dedicated service advisor who prioritised Aria and only handled Safari besides.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th November 2016 at 18:41. Reason: fixed quotes
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 19:29   #1573
Distinguished - BHPian

Component suppliers of the Tata Hexa, courtesy ksdr @ TAI forums.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa-suppliers.png
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 19:45   #1574
BHPian

Ohh, going by RavenAvi's post, does it mean that the customers would need to buy the tyres only from Tata authorised service centers? Also, could we hope to get those tyres at a reasonable price?
Old 6th November 2016, 19:46   #1575
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

@RavenAvi : Also shows how far India has to go to succeed in 'Make in India'. Not a single quality auto component supplier here? TVS / Sundaram had a great early start decades ago but have not been able to keep up with the world.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread