Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:45   #481
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,713
Thanked: 1,726 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Hexa looks great! I can see XMA badge in the first picture and black finish (instead of chrome) between tail lamps. Looks like automatic option available in the mid variant, let us wait and see whether they make auto available in top variant. They may not offer top variant 4x4 with auto in the beginning to keep the launch price (upper limit) low, and offer the same after few months.

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd September 2016 at 18:48.
Latheesh is offline  
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:30   #482
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 249
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There are lots of other vehicles in that segment starting from Ertiga and Lodgy at one end and Creta and XUV500 on the other hand that the Hexa can compete against.
Well, one could go on endlessly criticising a product. I do not understand the rational of bidding Hexa against the models you have quoted. I am so happy to see you quite liberal here, sparing a comparison against the humble Alto.

Have you driven the Hexa to measure its comfort?? Have you driven a Aria & experienced its reliability & comfort?? Are there any hearsay's about the reliability of the Aria that gets you to this assumption?

TM is not even wanting to be amongst Top 3. However, they are working hard to improve the Quality & it is for everyone to see. The recent products are indeed leagues apart. Let the launch happen & folks get an opportunity to experience the vehicle. Till then....cheers !!
m3_07 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:58   #483
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,168
Thanked: 2,936 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I do not understand the rational of bidding Hexa against the models you have quoted.
Ever heard of cross segment shopping? Here is a whole thread dedicated to the topic. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-your-car.html (Did you cross-shop across segments while buying your car?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I am so happy to see you quite liberal here, sparing a comparison against the humble Alto.

Have you driven the Hexa to measure its comfort?? Have you driven a Aria & experienced its reliability & comfort?? Are there any hearsay's about the reliability of the Aria that gets you to this assumption?
Spare the sarcasm buddy. Why do you want to put the onus of providing hearsay evidence to you. A simple search on T-BHP itself, not even google, would tell you about how reliable was the Aria vis a vis the Innova.

And as far as the argument about me experiencing the Hexa to comment about its capabilities go, have you experienced it to label it as a worthy competitor? Or, wait for it, is it only hearsay?

BTW since you brought in the witty comment about the Alto in the discussion, hence it intrigues me to ask you for some more enlightenment. May I know what went wrong with Aria in the first place and over the subsequent years of its existence that it didn't sell, since you seem to have a much better experience of its capabilities? Please do shed some light on that.

My point is very simple. Even a competent product from Tata might not be able to take on the Innova with the present brand perceptions in our market. You can disagree with me on this, in which case we will have to wait for only a couple of more months to see which way it goes.

Last edited by drmohitg : 3rd September 2016 at 20:00.
drmohitg is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 20:52   #484
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post

Have you driven the Hexa to measure its comfort?? Have you driven a Aria & experienced its reliability & comfort?? Are there any hearsay's about the reliability of the Aria that gets you to this assumption?
Don't even bother asking about the reliability of the Aria mate. Newer vehicles seem to be fine but there are infinite horror stories across the web and some even in our own forum. Just do a simple search please.

All drmohitg is saying is that the Innova is a proven product. Proven through generations of its existence in our country beginning with the qualis. Proven to the point that it is grossly overpriced but still very sought after by any and everyone. Look at Audi's Q7, Volvo's XC90, the Range Rover; all arguably impressive machines but does that hamper the existence of the Land Cruiser? Nope. Tata themselves would be more realistic and ought to ideally position this as a more spacious and premium alternative to the XUV.

Anyway, no one will be upset if they can somehow managed to shake up the market and give the Innova some stiff competition. That would mean for the first time that Tata has come out with a rock solid reliable-in-every-aspect vehicle. No one will be more proud than us Indians
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:05   #485
BHPian
 
esoticoreventon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Question for whoever has seen this vehicle in flesh. Does it only have captain seats in the middle or does it also have a bench? Read somewhere that the vehicle is called Hexa because it has a six seat arrangement, and as crazy as that sounds, I just want to know if it will actually have seating for three in the middle. It would be rather silly if the Hexa was sold only as a six seater!
esoticoreventon is offline  
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:56   #486
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 159
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I just want to know if it will actually have seating for three in the middle. It would be rather silly if the Hexa was sold only as a six seater!
The one in display for Autoexpo had captain seats, please check the first page for video and images.

But, the lower variants should ideally be offered with bench seats.

If offered for good price, this really can be a worthy luxurious alternative to those who can't afford innova.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 3rd September 2016 at 21:59.
jetsetgo08 is offline  
Old 3rd September 2016, 22:36   #487
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 249
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why do you want to put the onus of providing hearsay evidence to you. A simple search on T-BHP itself, not even google, would tell you about how reliable was the Aria vis a vis the Innova.

And as far as the argument about me experiencing the Hexa to comment about its capabilities go, have you experienced it to label it as a worthy competitor?
The battle between TM & M&M is epic. When the comparisions are drawn towards Toyota, I can understand. For God's sake, allow the folks to drive & comment. I am more hands on guy.....T-BHP/ Google will only give you a reference to an individual perspective & this isn't sacrosanct. My brother-in-law has been driving a Aria for last 3 years & does an average of ~ 5K a month. I have driven the car too & i enjoy this (but it is me). I for myself, been driving a Safari since 2008 & am waiting for an upgrade & if it wasn't for the looks of Aria, i would have upgraded to the Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Don't even bother asking about the reliability of the Aria mate. Newer vehicles seem to be fine but there are infinite horror stories across the web and some even in our own forum. Just do a simple search please.

All drmohitg is saying is that the Innova is a proven product. Proven through generations of its existence in our country beginning with the qualis. Tata themselves would be more realistic and ought to ideally position this as a more spacious and premium alternative to the XUV.

Anyway, no one will be upset if they can somehow managed to shake up the market and give the Innova some stiff competition. That would mean for the first time that Tata has come out with a rock solid reliable-in-every-aspect vehicle. No one will be more proud than us Indians
There isn't a denial that Toyota isn't quality. People pay a premium for that factor & the company is milking them. Compare the two features between innova & Aria you will realize the differences. The TM guys screwed up on the pricing, which isn't a point of discussion.

TM is working hard to to change its image of a quality product & we should give them that space.

Do any of you guys visit the Ford endeavour thread??? It is well behaved.

Last edited by m3_07 : 3rd September 2016 at 22:37. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 22:54   #488
BHPian
 
wrongturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 124
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

There is just so much excitement here about Hexa's launch. So many assumption and arguments going on. I too am eagerly waiting for the launch and TATA has delayed it for just too long already, looking at Hexa pics isn't that much exciting anymore and everyone is just waiting for the varients, specs, features and most important, the price disclosure.
This thread reminds me of another thread that was also associated with a launch and was filled with as much anticipation, excitement, assumptions and heated arguments, the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. But as soon as the prices were revealed all that buzz just died and silence and sadness enveloped that thread and all the excitement shifted to the Creta which was claimed to be too overpriced when launched. What a disappointment that was from Maruti Suzuki.
It seems as though history is repeating itself, only this time it's the over priced Toyota Innova Crysta against the much anticipated TATA Hexa.
Hope Hexa won't meet the same fate.

Last edited by wrongturn : 3rd September 2016 at 22:57.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:28   #489
BHPian
 
drive_angry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CH04 & HR26
Posts: 72
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Spotted un-camouflaged Tata Hexa on a video.

Seems like launch is around the corner. The car looks promising however, it is not as aggressive as XUV. I guess its not meant to be. Anyhow, I have high hopes from this car. Lets see how it plays out.

drive_angry

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2016 at 07:33. Reason: Removing video link which is already present on page 30
drive_angry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 00:53   #490
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kharagpur , West Bengal
Posts: 7
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

It’s a bit late now, but saw these three test mules in Kharagpur (WB) over here on 19-Aug.

Spotted them while going to plant, at a parking lot of a guest house. Went up close and had a peek inside –

The test car bearing registration no. 701 in the center was probably the top model among the three and had the Land Rover / Range Rover ‘Terrain Response’ Dial in the center console. This car also had automatic transmission, with beautiful alloy wheels and looked a bit raised as compared to the other two ones.

In the other two, the one with registration no. 702 on the left had the same ‘Terrain Response’ Dial in the center console but with a manual transmission, 6 speed.

The one on right with registration no. 705 was without that dial as in the rest and was a manual transmission. Both the registration nos. 702 and 705 were with safari steel wheel rims.

My observation-

All three had massive road presence.

The interiors were very well put together, the center one with Reg. No. 701 had bucket seats in the middle row and felt huge in space from just observing. The bucket seats had very well under thigh support/padding which was visible.

To sum it up all the three from inside felt as if a European offering due to sheer solidity and that matured design language, as compared to an optimally engineered and perfectly calibrated offering from any Japanese manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-p_20160819_075334-1.jpg  


Last edited by ambylover : 4th September 2016 at 00:59.
ambylover is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 06:36   #491
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,838 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Mobilio was launched in 2014, BR-V in 2016.
Aria was launched in 2010, Hexa is scheduled to launch in 2016.

So, what is excitingly new in the Hexa and why it takes 6 years for a souped-up version of Aria apart from the supposedly new auto box?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Tata started work on Hexa late.
Instantly reminded me of this



Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat
Not many on the road will say "Hexa looks like Aria" - primarily because not many people have seen a Tata Aria!
True that.

Lets see if the average sales are in 3 digit nos or 2.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 10:28   #492
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 249
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambylover View Post
It’s a bit late now, but saw these three test mules in Kharagpur (WB) over here on 19-Aug.

Interesting to see how the camera angles play. The centre ones looks to have a shorter width comparatively & the one to the left is much broader, but a tad short in the height (smaller rims??). Being so close, friend, you should have posted few pics (of course, if you were permitted).

Were the other two models with centre row bucket seats too??

Also, the left ones seems to be missing a roof rail.

Last edited by m3_07 : 4th September 2016 at 10:31. Reason: Typo
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 12:12   #493
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,195
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Simple reason, toyota extreme arrogance is what chuffed of most people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Who got chuffed you ask?
What's confusing (I think) is that "chuffed" means "pleased".

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
And besides it's fun to watch Goliaths ass kicked by little David. It's just a forum, a giant company like Tata wouldn't be pressurised by our real or unreal expectations.
Tata will likely not, but we might be setting ourselves unrealistic expectations, and then the thread becomes one of rueing that enough people don't buy them. This is going to be selling in a highly competitive segment against an towering monolith and a well priced and established alternative in the XUV, so let's set our expectations right because the premium segment is not as forgiving or populous as the entry+ level hatchback market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
From what I am hearing, a 11.99L - 17.99L pricing range is being targetted.
They should drop prices by 50k at launch for a fixed six-month period. They could make the six months an internal time-period, but the "introductory" prices should make people really think of it as a financially viable alternative to the Toyota despite the potential for a few more niggles.

Realistically nobody is buying a Tata in the near future expecting zero trouble. The car must make that much more sense, and then be trouble free and require fewer service/checkup visits to ASS to eventually (five years down) start re-selling better than previous Tatas have. That will build the brand.

The initial sales will go to the early adopters, and the people with a passion for Tata and an Indian product. Mahindra A.S.S didn't let the XUV down despite several issues that continued to be discovered for a couple of years after launch, and sub-par interiors until the facelift. People forgave them because they were well supported (and possibly because Mahindra didn't have as much of a reputation in the personal vehicle segment for poor A.S.S).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So exactly who are the disgruntled lot? Second where is arrogance in this?
A lot of people see capitalistic opportunism as arrogance. Toyota is merely making hay while the sun shines. Nothing wrong in that, even if in my personal opinion people are willingly queuing up to be ripped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I understand that it is silly expecting the Hexa to dent the innovas success. However one can still hope.


Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Do any of you guys visit the Ford endeavour thread??? It is well behaved.
Very true. Reflects on the passion that Tata as a brand evokes in India and Indians. Now for them to start (or continue) living up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambylover View Post
The test car bearing registration no. 701 in the center was probably the top model among the three and had the Land Rover / Range Rover ‘Terrain Response’ Dial in the center console. This car also had automatic transmission, with beautiful alloy wheels and looked a bit raised as compared to the other two ones.
Brilliant, so there is AT with AWD on offer in the top variant. The other AWD was probably the XM variant. Quoting ACM for info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Almost surely eliminates me and a lot of others as customers due to

1) AT not being on the Top Trim
2) AT + AWD combination not being available.

Last edited by VeluM : 4th September 2016 at 12:16. Reason: Typo.
VeluM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 13:21   #494
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Lets see if the average sales are in 3 digit nos or 2.
Monthly? Or yearly?

Aria did 231 units for entire 2015. 2013 had similar numbers too. Innova would probably do that in a day.

I don't think anyone outside of this thread compares Innova with Aria / Hexa. So I hope they significantly undercut the XUV 5OO by more than a lakh or two, atleast for the introductory pricing, so as to get to three digit monthly sales rather than yearly (after the initial excitement).

Don't think a facelift has revived the fortunes of any car that much though!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th September 2016 at 13:26.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 15:57   #495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
People buy the Innova for its reliability and comfort ( I have said this many times before too). The Hexa will not come even close to Innova on those parameters.
I agree that hexa may not sell in good numbers. But with due respect, how can you say that hexa will not even come close to Innova on reliability and comfort? I can understand reliability concerns. But how are you saying that hexa won't be as comfortable as Innova when the car is not even launched?

Last edited by LoneWolf9 : 4th September 2016 at 16:07.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Tushar The Indian Car Scene 230 7th December 2016 11:28
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover! smsrini The Indian Car Scene 445 4th February 2016 00:53
5-9 February: 2016 Delhi auto expo dates revealed Tushar The Indian Car Scene 1 16th February 2015 11:17
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks