Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2016, 19:26   #646
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Well said. I might need three of them, for Indigo, Dicor and now Storme. None of my cars with TATA logo left me stranded anywhere. And there where no such niggles that I couldn't see on other brands, at least on the cars I owned.
I concur. I have had the Indica DLE, Indigo, Vista, Indica MPFI, Nano, another Nano and the Aria and none of them have created problems, that i have not seen any other cars. BTW, i had a merc and i drive a beemer now. None of the TATA cars have ever left me stranded anywhere.
svdath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:51   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people are paid to spread negativity about a company.

Looks like there are many vested interests out there to spread negativism quoting decade old issues.

Though the companies such people support still churn out/sell generation old cars, they just can't accept the quality the new Tata cars are made of.
balajisv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 20:45   #648
BHPian

Just for how eagerly some good hearted enthusiast fans are patiently waiting here, I feel they deserve a killer launch price!

Actually, a November launch will need that. Else, year end is usually about stock clearance.

In any case, I hope that they offer a good warranty package, like Toyota has offered some 7-year warranty.
Old 26th September 2016, 09:56   #649
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note: No more off-topic posts please. Lets discuss only the Hexa here.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:48   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Prices might start from Rs 15 lakhs OTR, with the top-end variants at an asking price of Rs 19 lakhs+ OTR!

These prices seem more realistic as the bells and whistles which the Hexa is equipped with demand a price. The news of models priced between 9-13 lakhs seems too good to be true and acceptable. Leta have our fingers crossed for the launch.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2016 at 12:35. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Ani0404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 19:32   #651
BHPian

Tata should start with 13 OTR for base model and go all the way to 20 OTR for top end. But they should include a 5 years full warranty on all variants. This will satisfy all sets of folks who still have doubts on buying and spending a lot on a tata vehicle
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:39   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Tata should start with 13 OTR for base model and go all the way to 20 OTR for top end. But they should include a 5 years full warranty on all variants. This will satisfy all sets of folks who still have doubts on buying and spending a lot on a tata vehicle
+1
13L OTR (Delhi?) for an acceptably equipped base variant seems to be a fair starting price. Tata must not do an Innova and equip the entry model with precious nothing

However, 20L OTR for the top end will be stretching it a bit, even if it is AT+AWD. In case one of the two is missing, they really shouldn't go beyond 18 tops.

What I am trying to say is that it won't be the worst idea to abandon 'perceived maximum the customer is willing to pay' formula here. They should stay closer to the basic cost+ pricing model for the Hexa. They desperately need the product to succeed and should leave no stone unturned. A decent run for the Hexa along with the Tiago will go a long way in making Tata branded cars relevant again.

Of course, a 5 or 7 years warranty is a good way of increasing buyer confidence. It's kind of expected really, given the sheer amount of testing the Hexa has been put through for so many years now.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 26th September 2016 at 20:44.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:46   #653
AAD
BHPian

Please refer to the price cut on Ford Endeavour 2.2 Trend as per details given in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180417 (Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh)

Tata has a tight rope act to carry out w.r.t. He a pricing and positioning
AAD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:55   #654
BHPian

Tata will price Hexa very competitively.

Tata now a days takes customer needs/market sentiments head on.

With build quality & by aggressive pricing alone, Tata has recently managed reasonable success (with its new car name Zica sounding like Zika virus and its brand ambassador Lionel Messi quitting football - such negative sentiments on a new product).

Tata knows well it's new product Tiago survived/ earned acceptance from the buyers & market only on quality delivered with aggressive pricing.

From April launch, Tiago prices went up by 4-5℅. This time perhaps with Tiago, Tata learnt price creeping from Mahindra.

Tata must succeed with its second important product Hexa, most aggressive pricing can be expected from Tata this time.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2016 at 11:43. Reason: Typos, formatting....
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2016, 16:13   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, extensive highway testing continues on the Mumbai-Pune expressway.

RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 23:18   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder what they are testing weeks before launch!

Sometimes I wonder if these 'tests' are conducted to attract public attention to gauge the mood! What's the point in camouflaging now? Thanks to Auto Expo, everybody knows what Hexa looks like.
smartcat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 23:44   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Judging by the number of people inside the test mule (in the second pic) & apparent lack of testing equipment, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the 1.9L engine being put through some final paces with a full load.

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if these 'tests' are conducted to attract public attention to gauge the mood! What's the point in camouflaging now? Thanks to Auto Expo, everybody knows what Hexa looks like.
That's one solid way of staying "in the news", and keep grabbing everyone's attention!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 05:45   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Judging by the number of people inside the test mule (in the second pic) & apparent lack of testing equipment, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the 1.9L engine being put through some final paces with a full load.

That's one solid way of staying "in the news", and keep grabbing everyone's attention!
Looking at the number of people in the car

Its actually the team going out for a team party celebrating completion of the project . They are spending the last bit of team budget .
gautamkhadse is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 06:39   #659
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
I concur. I have had the Indica DLE, Indigo, Vista, Indica MPFI, Nano, another Nano and the Aria and none of them have created problems, that i have not seen any other cars. BTW, i had a merc and i drive a beemer now. None of the TATA cars have ever left me stranded anywhere.
Ditto. I believe Tata turned a corner on quality, design & service with Zest. Having owned it for almost 2 years now, very happy with it. Butter smooth & no glitches.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 08:25   #660
BHPian

Quote:
This bit is from my earlier stint with Tata Motors:They continue testing (not all test mules but some) even after launch because some tests like endurance will continue for a long long time. Some components might have redesigned/replaced during the course of test and those need to accumulate minimum kilometers before they introduce that component into regular production. Moreover they might be testing few components from new vendors like seals, gaskets, hooks, clamps, tyres etc.

In present case, they might be very well testing the 1.9L engine endurance(already pointed by fellow members). As this one came into picture at much later stage and also not having any past data like 2.2L on Safari/Strome.
hillsnrains is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread